Hypothesis - The Living Nature Of Archblood

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Mad_Gadfly, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Hypothesis on the Living Nature of Archblood
    Foreword: This should not be construed as a conclusion of uncontestable truth. I am not a scholar of aberrancies, so I lack the proper mechanisms to appropriately test related hypotheses. The following is shared publicly so that any scholars interested in conducting further research may use this hypothesis as a starting point, and to draw the attention of potential donors willing to fund this research.

~o~
    This hypothesis challenges the notion that the Archblood are a type of Undead. I believe that an important distinction ought to be made: Undeadism is a non-reversible state. It has been assumed that the Archblood condition is not permanently reversible, thus indicating a state of Undeath due to the subject's prior medical death. Furthermore, I believe that the assumption that the Archblood condition is not permanently reversible is discredited on the basis of the following case study:

An Altalar man, which shall remain unnamed, became afflicted with the Archblood condition upon death. After acquiring a magical paste, the subject was able to suppress their Archblood condition. However, during the period of time in which the Archblood condition was repressed, the subject decided to submit themselves to the Dread Rebirth ritual. Ever since the subject metamorphosized into a Kathar, the subject has not reverted to an Archblood state and has lost all abilities stemming from the Archblood condition.

If we hold that the Archblood condition is a state of Undeath, then we must also hold that the Dread Rebirth Ritual essentially revived the subject. The premise that someone can revert from a state of Undeath to a state of life is logically unsound, as Undeath is not a transitionary state from death to life. If anything, Undeath is a transitionary state from life to death. Therefore, if the Dread Rebirth Ritual can suppress the Archblood condition indefinitely such as to restore life, then it is evident that the Archblood condition is in reality not a state of Undeath.

The implication of this hypothesis, if true, has revolutionary potential. It implies that the Archblood condition is not only a condition of the soul, as the bodily state of the Archblood condition can be repressed, but that is a condition of the soul that can be reversed. With a deeper understanding of what causes the Archblood condition, it may be possible to save the lives of those who would otherwise perish and have been inflicted with the condition by eventually purging it from their souls. It also implies that Dragons have some sort of ability to alter our souls after death, but prior to reincarnation or ascension to the Everwatch. The question of what the role of Dragons as gatekeepers to the afterlife indicates about the legitimacy of the Vultdragon Church is for the clergy to address.

Spirit Bless,
    Leuthar van Vichten
    Proviso: A copy of this essay shall be sent to The Regalian University and the Unionist Conclave.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Educated Educated x 3
  2. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Alaric Keen would read the essay over a cup of tea. He then turned to a man next to him, offering the paper out. “Perhaps I should get into scholarly works. This is something, eh?”
    @Legoclub22

3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Upon seeing this cross his desk the Qadir stops “Archbloodism can be countered other then repression...now this is something we must look into. The Medical and financial potential for methods to fully lose archbloodism.”

the Qadir would nails this essay to the research board signifying another project to be done. Before forwarding this development, by hand copying it out and sending it on.

With a note:

Interesting development perhaps, we might put this to the test and perhaps find other ways to achieve this full reversion from archbloodism.

@FlossyBerryRene @Acosmism @Magivore

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  4. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

Kabili Drulvaar scanned over the essay in his own time, at the fire of his campsite. He held a frown the entire time, before folding up the paper and setting it in his tent.
    "He made fucking Kall'arahk public knowledge to the people... never trusting an Ailor again."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  5. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

Sib usually didn’t read over posts that counted as ‘essays’ because they end up being boring. This one had caught her eye because of a certain individual she knew. “Fock I ‘ope it ain’t dem, I swear.”

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

A Drachenburg guard grabs all of his silverware in a frenzy.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  7. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

Milena eyes the paper, before setting it over the desk towards her brother. "Have you seen this?"

@fantuinn

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

Alexei saw this, had a friend read it to him, and scowled. After having a message dictated, it was placed under the essay.

"Being an archblood is not undeath. You are properly brought back; you can eat, sleep, drink, and breathe. True undead simply possess their own corpses after death. Archblood are revived, and undead stay dead."

This seemed to be his only complaint.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Legoclub22

Legoclub22 The Antagonist's Right-Hand

"I do enough ghostwriting, Keen."

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

A note would be pinned to the notice as an addendum.

"It has come to light that the Dread Rebirth ritual does not indefinitely suppress the Archblood condition and that the application of the paste remains necessary. Furthermore, the existence of the Dread Rebirth ritual is purely hypothetical and a matter of folklore. I cannot confirm whether it is based in reality at this time, and I lack the resources to delve into that research."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    House di Caitagna issues a denunciation of the author of this essay. While we take issue with its inherent view that Archbloodism is a disease that requires some sort of cure, which is quite far from the truth, the most flagrant issue lies in its last sentence: "The question of what the role of Dragons as gatekeepers to the afterlife indicates about the legitimacy of the Vultdragon Church is for the clergy to address." The legitimacy of the Vultdragon Church? Does the author suggest that we of the Church of Vultar are rather the Heretics of Vultar? Saying that it is for the clergy to decide does not absolve you of the implications you make. The Divinty of the Imperial Dragon is not up for question in the Vultdragon Church. How the Imperial Dragon is seen in Sancellist sects is of little concern within the Vultarin sects. See to it next time that you do not call into question the faith of thousands through your own ignorance.

Pellegrino di Caitagna, written with the authority of Matriarch Jovanka di Caitagna,
    Field General of the Imperial Marshalry.

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    #11 SignoreScafuto, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  12. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Dear Pellegrino di Caitagna and matriarch.

I respectfully advise you to re-read my hypothesis. I make no mention of the Sancellist Church. I referred to the clergy broadly, for any church that desires to evaluate the question. If the Vultdragon Church wishes to be involved in the debate of this hypothesis, perhaps it will use it as evidence of the divinity of the Imperial Dragon in order to convince the other churches of the same.

Sincerely,

Leuthar Van Vichten

13. Femma

Femma just a swede, really

Filth looked over the words for about the 50th time, bringing her eyelids down in a squint over her glowing, violet eyes.
    "I personally feel this is fake news.."

• Winner Winner x 3