Soldiers

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Greenie, May 13, 2019.

1. Greenie

Greenie As Useless As SupremeCripple's Legs

-= The Forest near Merkar’sarh =-
    [​IMG]

“Toddy, throw another log on”, mumbled Reynart as he reclined against the foot of the old oak, legs stretched out facing the roaring fire. “Do it yourself, dog.”, snapped back a Velheimer at the other end of the flames, who proceeded to take a swig from his hooch bag. “Are all you Calembergers so damn lazy? Built a wall so you didn’t have to fight us man to man.”.- “Oh shut up, Siggy.” barked Toddy, as he tossed another log forward. “They wouldn’t have to built it if you’d leave them alone.” Sigmundr sat up, laying a firm hand down on his great axe handle. “And what do you know, fucking Toddy? You spent months frozen in time in bloody mist, you don’t know nothing of our struggles.”

“Sacrebleu, barbarian. Don’t you know we’re all on the same side?”, replied the frailer Ithanian to the right of him. “Even I don’t like working with these Calemberger dogs, but I get on with it instead of causing ruckus.” Sigmundr shut his gob, and an eerie silence fell over the group. Reynart leaned forward, warming his hands against the fire. “How ‘bout this. Fuck, marry, kill? Agatha Harhold, Ana de Letoirneau, Amelina Peirgarten.”

“None, all shit.” spat Sigmundr, wiping the runaway ale off of his beard. “Fuck Amelina, marry Agatha, kill Ana.” said Toddy. “Why would you kill Ana?” asked Francois as he dug the end of his blade into the dirt, poking holes throughout the area in front of the fire. “I would marry Ana, treat her like a true queen. We do not fuck in Ithania, we make love and I would do so with Amelina. Agatha’s a witch and deserves a stake.” Reynart spat out his own drink, giggling away at the Ithanian’s comment. “Bloody witch ain’t she just, ha!” Toddy grinned, “What do you think the knight will say, eh?”, Sigmundr turned his head out into the dim shrubbery. “Oi! Viridian! Fuck marry kill, Agatha Ana Amelina! Who’s yours?!”

The light clanking of heavy plate stopped for but a moment, before coming closer and closer as a well built man emerged into the clearing. “Keep it down, you oaf! The Elves probably already know our location thanks to your fire.” “Oh come on, tight arse. What’s your picks.” smirked Reynart, in the middle of lighting a sigg. “I am a married man, and a Viridian Knight, soldier. I have no interest in any fornification out of my own marriage, or killing innocent ladies. It would break my code. Now, as your commanding leader in Patrol Unit 27B of this campaign, I order you to cease this game and quiet down.”

“Oh, the high and honorable Jochem van den Berg, Knight of the great Viridian Order!” Reynart laughed, taking a drag from his sigg before blowing it in the knight’s direction. “Fuck off, we’re resting. We don’t need your orders, we’re perfectly fine as it is. Go back to walking around or something.” Jochem took a step forward, a hand pulling the blade on his side just enough to reveal the brilliantly polished steel. “Another step out of line, and it’s treason to the Regalian state and you will be labeled a deserter.”, he scowled. Reynart gripped the sigg between his lips, raising his hands above his head. “Alright, alright, calm down ser. Just a bit of fun.”

Two of the horses on the far side of camp grunted and neighed, pulling Jochem’s attention away towards them. As he left, Reynart lowered his arms and grumbled, blowing smoke from the corner of his lip. “Cunt.” Toddy sighed. “He’s got a point though, Reynart. We should probably quiet down.” Francois nodded his head. “I agree, I’d rather get some sleep now before we move out in the morning. Besides, we’ve run ou--”. His sentence was cut short by an arrow piercing his neck, and the Ithanian dropped on his back, gurgling blood from his lips. Before Reynart could properly react, Sigmundr had already grabbed the axe by his side and was barking “We’re under attack! Varfal give us glory!”

Toddy reached for his sword and shield, quickly using said shield to fend off an enemy arrow that nearly struck his head. He lunged at the attackers, who had now entered the clearing in number with Sigmundr at his side. As they began slashing with the Kathar, Reynart reached for his axe, but was quickly knocked on his back by a Kathar who had cut at his face, blinding his right eye. He blurred for a moment, his bleeding gaze meeting the battle at the other end of the camp. He saw Toddy fall, with a blade buried in his gut and half his right arm missing and he saw Sigmundr driving his axe into the skull of a Kathar. As the Kathar in front of him readied his spear to drive it into Reynart’s chest, the longsword of the Viridian Knight was plunged into the back of the Elf, who fell over beside the Calemberger, screaming out his last few seconds.

Jochem held out his hand, thrusting Reynart to his feet. “We need to ride back to Merkar’sarh! Get to the horses!” Reynart stood there in a daze, a faint ringing in his ear as he tried to make sense of what the knight had commanded. He briefly nodded, grabbing his own axe first before heading towards the battle. In an uneven three against seven, they clashed. Sigmundr cut down another, sending his head rolling across the dirt, as Reynart and Jochem took on another two, quickly bringing them both to their knees. Sigmundr yelled out as he rushed towards the final four, quickly getting caught by one of the archers in the back row with a arrow in his kneecap. He dropped to the ground in front of the group, trying to get up as quickly as possible to stand his ground.

Jochem turned to Reynart, ushering him towards one of the horses. “Ride, tell the officers there are still enemy encampments in this part of the forest and we can’t push forward yet. Do that, and the lives of your friends wouldn’t have been for naught.” As Reynart mounted, the Viridian Knight called out with a hand against his breastplate. “Ehren, de Aldersberg! Ehren!” The soldier galloped away from the battle, just as the Velheimer’s now headless body dropped at the feet of his enemies. The Viridian turned to the four, muttering. “Ride, Reynart. To glory.”, as he charged to his honorable death.

(Hi, this is my first attempt at writing a short story in a long time. Names of the noble ladies are just the three that came to my head lmao. Just wanted to create a short story on a recent event in my newest character's life, I hope you enjoyed the read.)​

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ryria

Ryria i amne jusst a litle creechr

OH MY GOD

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Miss_Silver

Miss_Silver The Best Ithanian Princess

IKR HAHA

4. seoulmate

seoulmate Queenbreaker

5. Battlebrawn

Battlebrawn Life needs things to live.

FUCKING TODDY

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. Greenie

Greenie As Useless As SupremeCripple's Legs

Suprised it took you this long lmao

7. Empaul

Empaul That one cool dude

I've got chills...
    They're multiplying...

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Miss_Silver

Miss_Silver The Best Ithanian Princess

I found it totally by accident looking for something else and sent it to the other two lmao