Pending Review 10 Ideas

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Lumbo, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Lumbo

Lumbo Refugee

I’ve been playing factions for about two weeks now and I’ve thought of few ideas that can make factions more fun... Here’s the list.
    1. Create a kit for colour code books so we don’t have to look up the colour codes on the web (Examples of colour codes are like &c for red) This will be useful for creating titles for players like &4Commander without having to look up what colour code it is
    2. Create a faction department, this one I think is needed to keep factions alive and updated, whilst I know the player base for factions is quite small it will stay that way if we don’t have any department that only focuses on factions, we need more pvp events, updates, fixes, etc. I know the game department also focuses on factions but I don’t think that’s enough, they should be moderating chat, keeping the community non-toxic, & watching for people who go against the rules.
    3. Add custom enchantments, I think this will be fun as it makes weapons more unique, isn’t it sorta boring to get the same sharpness 5, fire aspect 2, & unbreaking 3 sword every time you kill someone? It will make swords/axes more unique if you add a poison 1 sword or slowness 1 sword; I don’t know if you guys would like that but I would
    4. Make animals more common, it shouldn’t take a half an hour to find a cow, it’s Minecraft.
    5. Make factions 1.8.9 because that’s when PvP was in its prime but idk how it’ll work because of elytras and stuff.
    6. Bring back market, in fact, why was it removed? It’s way harder to buy things that aren’t usually sold in auction like sugar cane, lore, & other common materials you don’t want to look for when you can just do /tp market and get what you want like mushrooms
    7. Create a mob boss that drops a crate key that gives you good armour/swords. A mob boss is like a mob that has a lot of health and is hard to kill, sometimes breaks your armour, & usually needs team work to kill
    8. Add regular golden apples, make them not too OP but make them give you saturation hearts and a small regeneration for a few seconds, it doesn’t have to be game breaking. (Ignore this)
    9. Make mending books more common
    10. Create crates for factions like PvP crate that gives you nice things like sharpness 5 swords, magma cream, armour, etc.
    (It’s hard to type on a phone, so if you need me to elaborate on anything just tell me)

I don’t know what you guys think so reply if you don’t think something should be added

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Lumbo, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  2. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

could actually be done with massivebooks, +1
    This was tried in the past with the survival and pvp departments. It was decided survival had too much overlap with game, and pvp didn't have enough work to do.
    Eh. If tech are going to focus on creating a new pvp plugin, I'd much prefer a traits rewrite or something. Never really been a huge fan of custom enchants.
    This isn't possible.
    Bringing market back has been discussed, and I think the current plan is to bring it back, with some changes to fix some of its previous shortcomings. Not 100% sure on this though.
    MassiveMobs is in the process of being reintroduced to the server. Dungeons are also being worked on.
    Regular golden apples are already a thing? Unless you're asking for a buff, which I don't think is needed. Potions work fine and will and should always be better than regular golden apples.
    No, this is terrible for the economy, it extends the lifespan of armor even further and will further hurt the diamond economy.
    Again, terrible for the economy. This was done in the past and created absurd amounts of inflation in very short periods of time.

3. Lumbo

Lumbo Refugee

How is this terrible for the economy? I mean if you make the crate rare enough it can be balanced
    It’s mending books, hows it fair that some players have mending armour whilst others don’t?
    I don’t think you fully understood what I’ve said, I am saying a boss fight that you can teleport to (/tp boss) and fight him? Can you elaborate on dungeons though?
    Oh, I should’ve tried crafting one then, I thought they weren’t added because I haven’t seen anyone use them.
    There’s already a custom enchant plugin, does MassiveCraft really need to code every single plugin they add to the server? It can just be re-coded to fit MassiveCrafts standards?

#3 Lumbo, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  4. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

1. Trust us, it is. Things very similar have been done in the past and ruined old server economy.

2. Your right, how is it fair that players spend hours of their time grinding regals for these mending books and mending items? Alot of people dont have mending gear because it was rare and hard to get. Most only have it because they got it off someone who did have it. Personally I have been playing factions on Massive for 5 years now and only possess 1 mending item, and I only got that off a friend who was lucky enough to possess one after his own 6 year playtime.

3. Massive tends to shy away from plugins not created by themselves for the reason that they can take alot of work to make compatible and have the potential to be quite destructive.

5. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

This is an idea I can get behind- but make it so debuff potion effect style enchants can only be added to Hoes. The reason being then you need to carry another item, rapid swap and get some hits, then swap back to your sword. Potion effects are pretty beefy.

Coming soon TM staff know of the issue but not really a solid why last I heard.

Just because pvp was at its prime allegedly when 1.8.9 was run doesn't mean just reverting the version will do literally anything to improve it at all. In fact I'd say it wont. Plus Essalonia is built with a lot of World of of Color and Concrete blocks. Would break everything.

Market is allegedly making a come back probably.

6. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

We don’t need to add any more items into the economy artificially. As it is, most items already never leave the economy. There’s not really any benefit to it either as far as I see. If we really want something like that, adding them as like a 1% voting reward thing would be preferable imo.

There’s like 5 total players on the server with mending, not like every other person you meet has it. But just because a few people have it does not mean we should ruin the economy for everyone so that it’s slightly more “fair.”

7. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Those items also took a pretty substantial effort to obtain, and afaik most people don't even use their mending armour (I don't in PvP because of armour smasher traps) and it's not like it gives some tremendous in-fight advantage

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Madus

Madus Robot

PSA: When you do "/f title", "/f motd" and many other similar commands you can type: "<red>", "<lime>", "<aqua>", "<gold>" etc. to get the colour you want. Here is the full list:

<black>
    <navy>
    <green>
    <teal>
    <red>
    <purple>
    <gold>
    <orange>
    <silver>
    <gray>
    <grey>
    <blue>
    <lime>
    <aqua>
    <rose>
    <pink>
    <yellow>
    <white>
    <magic>
    <bold>
    <strong>
    <strike>
    <strikethrough>
    <under>
    <underline>
    <italic>
    <em>

9. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

That's too progressive, nope.

10. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

They tried to make me use those when writing quests... i was like nah im good with my & colors thank you very much