Fiddler Of Truths - A Public Response To Countess Delmotte

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Miss_Silver, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Miss_Silver

Miss_Silver The Best Ithanian Princess

[​IMG]

Esteemed Countess Delmotte,
    I was rather mortified and left strangely confused when I heard news of your most recent public letter. I will confess, after the delightful discussion we had a couple of weeks prior on the matter, I had been left under the impression we had resolved our issues and brought to an end this childish dispute? It seems you obviously do not think so, and perhaps after your attempts to sell me off to a deplorable false King I should have realised otherwise in myself. Regardless, I will take the valuable time out of my important business away to provide you with the response I am sure you desired.

I should of course begin upon the issue of this dowry. It does seem incredibly strange to me that, while you blame Cyprien’s inaction, neither you nor the Vladno lady in question have attempted to raise this issue at any time in the month before this announcement. Of course, as I am sure you are aware is stated in Regalian Noble Law, I as the matriarch of the family in question am required to be involved in the transaction at hand. And yet, there has been no attempted communication with myself at all on the matter, and I have been left baffled by why it suddenly returns to the surface when before now, you seemed to care incredibly little? Even more so, Tsetsiliya seems strangely intent on hiding behind yourself upon all of this, rather than plainly making contact with me, or requesting you do so for her - I am sure civil contact is not something totally beyond you? Of course I make no fuss if it is the wish of the law, and I most patiently await discussion over the topic as soon as I return to the city.

And now I must discuss this second part of your letter. I must say I am incredibly disappointed that you made the decision to taint a letter on a valid concern with such total disproven slander, against individuals who had no inclusion in the topic you sought to discuss. Even more so, you mix together attested and atoned for sins with these falsities and accusations, not even a scraping of evidence and yet you treat them as if they are convicted fact? Perhaps you ought to find more reliable sources than hearsay in your public letters. Of course, if you do hold any genuine evidence about any disgraceful acts, I encourage you to take it to the righteous authorities and the matter can be contently discussed under the judicial courts. I pray in the future, you will act with far more sense beyond simple shade thrown at a family you yourself consider an opponent, and a rival.

I implore you, good Countess, to think upon what you write before you do so. In such a time of desperate need and conflict as now, it is telling you choose to squabble and slander rather than making good upon the civilised agreement we had reached. As said, I await a letter to myself personally discussing this dowry as soon as is possible and hopefully bring a final end to this issue in a more befitting and swift manner.

Yours in Good Faith,

Anastasie de Letoirneau

Countess of Loiree-Bas-et-Corneuille
    @Emma @bewitchings

• Powerful Powerful x 26
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Nouveau paused by the board this note was posted to- And more than eagerly sat herself on the side of the road to watch chaos ensue, murmuring all the while.
    It’s getting spicy.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  3. Canaanite

Canaanite Valentinian Shill

[​IMG]
    Letoirneau cow,

All Ithanians are traitors to the Spirit and to this Empire.
    The only thing you deserve is the sweet caress of the Hangman's noose.
    Your day will come.

Sincerely,

Claude du Pont

Count of Mondoirfais

• Powerful Powerful x 26
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. bewitchings

bewitchings capturing hearts with a butterfly net.

"Hiding? I'm not fucking hiding behind anyone." Tsetsiliya spat, her words seemingly burning a hole in the cobbles below her. " - And I would interact with the bumbling t'hot if she ever showed her powdered mug." She continued rambling, picking up a piece of charcoal to scrawl a childish caricature of a man's nether region on the poster.

• Powerful x 5
    • Friendly x 5
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

The sweet smell of the caramel could be sensed wafting gently down the street. A queue stood resolute and in anticipation behind him, as a Duke took two paces forward and came face to face with a man behind a counter. "One bag of the salted caramel, please," the Duke said, as he reached into his long coat pocket and retrieved a sum of ten regals, no, eleven regals. Ten regals was a little steep for such an inconsequential little snack, but the Empire was facing a famine at present, and so the high price could be forgiven. "Yes, your Lordship," came the reply. The man behind the counter turned his back on the Duke for a moment, and filled a bag to the brim. Folding it carefully, he turned once more, offering the bag to the Duke, who took it, and handed the ten regals over, plus the tip.

"Thank you," said the Duke. He turned ninety-seven degrees to his left, and sauntered off towards the noticeboard. The people that had been standing behind him in the resolute queue, all simultaneously took a step forward, closer towards the counter.

Upon reaching the noticeboard, the Duke dipped his hand into the bag of salted caramel popcorn. Lifting a piece, he popped it into his mouth as he began to read. Delicious.

• Powerful Powerful x 7
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. TheyCalledMeKiko

TheyCalledMeKiko Your Favourite Moustached Godling

[​IMG]

"Pay your fine, you rats."

- Count Abelhard Rote of Griptham

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

[​IMG]

Count du Pont,

Realize your words mean nothing before battering insults. Judging by your own hue and past, stay out of what is clearly not your own trouble. Your misfortune is unneeded.

More sincerely,
    Wilhelm von Dietrich
    Baron of Wonfelix

@Bagley_

• Powerful Powerful x 8
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 4
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nidakk

Nidakk Phsycotic Horse Rider

Marina Longsae passed the notice board, waiting for the Rote to leave before leaving and reading it over
    “Finally Ithanians are actually amusing”

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mayaran

Mayaran A whole mess

The gaze of Solaine de Letoirneau remained on the letter as she read it through, then hummed as her eyes remained on the various insults tossed about as reaponses.

“Such a shame that people of such high esteem and power would rather throw petty insults than hear a version of a truth.. Truly disappointing.”

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #9 Mayaran, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  10. Mid_exe

Mid_exe The Georgest of all the Foremans

Adeline de Letoirneau was close behind Solaine, chuckling as she read it over with her. Crossing her arms to her chest.

"I don't think people can help but get involved in what's not their business. It's a shame we can't all just get along without trying to slut shame someone without sufficient proof." She snickered, pushing up her circle specs on her nose before making her way home.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  11. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker Supremium

Baron von Dietrich

Realize the hypocrisy in your statement before pinning your letter to the board. You too have no legitimate business in the quarreling between my family and de Letoirneau, so make sure your input is needed the next time you go to blabber your mouth

Most Sincerely,
    Louis Delmotte
    Heir to the County of la Cresse

@Nano_Kay

• Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  12. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

Count Du Pont

Your insults don't mean anything. This isn't your problem, so just stay out of it. Believe what you will. I'd rather not see another fight start.

Spirit Bless,
    Ser Jason Carwell

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Canaanite

Canaanite Valentinian Shill

[​IMG]

Ser Knight,

It would be very easy to orchestrate a repeat of the Lorhauser incident in Norreck.

Spirit preserve your soul,
    Claude du Pont
    Count of Mondoirfais

@MrOof1

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  14. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

[​IMG]

To the Delmotte who also posted a note on the board,

I stated what was needed and said it done. Though the count sided with you, I have realized no hypocrisy in my statement. I said nothing directly to you, nor your family. If you want to read it over again, do so diligently. No quarrel was conflicted and keep it that way.

Keep this board clean,
    Wilhelm von Dietrich
    Baron of Wonfelix

15. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

Count du Pont,

Not trying to start anything, we can only wait out and let them fight. It'd be best to let them finish it on their own. This fight has gone on for too long to the point where it has become somewhat pointless. I completely support sharing people's ideas to a point. Keep being you, that's the best you that you can be.

Spirit Bless,
    Ser Jason Carwell

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  16. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

The new notices appeared rapidly, one after the other, and as each new notice was pinned to the board, the Duke’s hand dipped down into the bag of deliciously salted caramel popcorn, and up to his lips, as he read.

By now, the bag was only half full. Not half empty, mind you, as the Duke was an optimist.

A lone pigeon flying by, over the rooftops, received a whiff of the salted caramel snack, and descended from the heavens to investigate. Food! The intrepid bird perceived that the Duke’s arm, holding the bag of salted caramel popcorn, would make a suitable perch for his feet while he feasted. And so, land on the Duke’s arm, the bird did, in a flurry of flapping wings and feathers. “Coo!” he said. The bird then attempted to stick his nosy beak into the bag, and as he did, the Duke, as a true military man of the sea, opened his mouth and articulated to the bird, in a polished Heartland Ceardian accent, “F&ck off!”

• Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
  17. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Nouveau had long since obtained a box of goodies from her bag, as well as a blanket. However, she’s began to grow bored of the relatively slow income of insults and uninteresting bickering. So, she snatched up her bag, stood, and shuffled off!
    Such a boring show. I’ll check it out tomorrow, maybe by then it’ll be interesting again!

18. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

To the rambling count du Pont and the fellow Ithanian peerage in strife,

I wish for a quick resolution of the confict. However, empty threats have no place in this situation. If so you desire, and if the madman does continue, my office will open up with evidence of collusion between the ramblig count and the many abductions, assaults and crimes during his family's rise.

Truly, a man passing threats should be a man who does not allow Ithanians to capture his pawns.

With regards and love,
    Adrienne d'Ortonnaise

• Powerful Powerful x 8
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  19. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

The blush blonde woman gazed upon the multitude of postings on the noticeboards, pushing the bickering away with her hand so she could read the proper post of interest. Exhaling a meek asigh, rubbing her cheek with her gloved palm.

"Honestly look at this, a ridiculous amount of bickering noble houses who have no part in this, at all."

She muttered slowly to herself, drawing her tongue across her teeth before walking off with a light shrug of the shoulders.

"Only in Regalia."

• Agree Agree x 1
    #19 _Owlet, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  20. Miss_Silver

Miss_Silver The Best Ithanian Princess

A certain Ithanian Countess found herself reading through the piles of responses that had been made with quite the chuckle, although stopping to pay note to that of Du Pont.

“How terribly ironic... a man with an Ithanian last name, a title of Ithanian origin, in lands settled by Ithanians and with likely much Ithanian blood himself, on wealth brought by Ithania, and in support of his... Ithanian allies. And this is his response - Truly remarkable.”

“Wait... is he accusing the entire Ivrae family of being heretics? Including numerous former Emperors...?”

A moment of silence, before a final chuckle.

• Powerful Powerful x 13
  21. Anarchizm

Anarchizm Regalian Pioneer

A certain Peirgarten read over the notices while taking gentle sips from his cup of tea. He brought the cup of tea down from his lips looking to one of his favorite Delmottes his cup raised to make an inquiry before it was abruptly knocked out of his grasp when a courier boy tossed in the newest response.

It spilled onto the table and on some of his regal attire. The Peirgarten yelled out in anger. I don’t fucking care about the responses anymore, damnit! What is this?! Just pay what’s owed or something for fuck sake!”

The Peirgarten then slow-panned to the woman across from himself , grumbling under his breathe. He spoke up and said what he had wanted to previously. Ithanians suck, you’ve got to agree with me this /once/, come on!” He said to the Ithanian..

@Salvej

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  22. Catannine

Catannine 【ʙᴇᴇ】

"About damn time someone spoke up against the Delmottes."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  23. Yoggery

Yoggery Quiet and Falling

Joycie would just think to herself, 'why is it always the Ithanians?'

24. NotBrokenFamily

NotBrokenFamily

A middle aged sailor rambled to a Slizzar in Daendroque in the tavern while looking at the many posts on this topic. "People like this is why we made sure my niece had good Daendroque morals drilled into her mind instead of her mother's filthy Ithanian ideals. What if we let her be in Ithania for too long! Filthy... bush lovers corrupting her."
    @Resirolas

25. AWildRhia

AWildRhia Basement Goblin

Said Slizzar looked quite uninterested as she listened in to her father rambling in Daen. She spoke up once he was done, however. "I really do not care... Why can you not ramble to my siblings instead?"

26. Altalar

Altalar has Rabies

Agnes would be sat by the openly lit bonfire, glancing down towards her response as she brought her hand forward's tracing her finger over the penmanship.
    "They spite each other with such squalor, both speaking of definitive clarity yet their voices and words echo through the streets be it in spoken slander against each other or posted upon notice boards such as this, their behavior much like the bickering of siblings fighting over a toy is unnecessary in such time of disease, poverty and segregation. Is it not better to leave the public eye out of the matter? After all this although humorous yet childish squabble between the two houses is of no concern to them, for those of them that are neither kin to either of the families nor be the woman scorned have no say in such noble affairs.

If you wished for justice to be taken and the enforced dowry in retribution for the branding done to the woman a letter should have been sent to the court(Council/Parliment whatever we have in roleplay) addressing the situation clearly, so a meeting could be carried out with the attendance of the disgruntled Countesses and Lady Tsetsiliya so the matter at hand could be settled without the need of including the public. Yet you take the time of day to write notes to each other like two war torn lovers their families fighting and yet.. two souls thought to be enemies fall sway for one other.

With Love in spirit
    Lady Agnes von Bruhl"

Below the response would be hand drawn depictions of both the houses chosen animal, upon a closer examination you would see the eyes of both the animals covered with a red cloth, brand markings drawn upon the faces of the creatures as they both resembled the shape of a jesters hat.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #26 Altalar, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  27. RightChat

RightChat It's an Aurelion Sol main

Ramulyn looked up at the board, "Wow that's a lot of sigils."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Educated Educated x 1
  28. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

“Why do they post this and expect people to not try and get involved?”
    Wondered Lorelei, pondering as she read through the posts.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  29. Surrealizm

Surrealizm Refugee

Kerrin Olorel read the Board with furrowed brows. “Why can we simply not get into petty fights? This is a simple matter that could be solved rather quickly if they stopped bickering like children.”

30. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Once again Wilhelm looked at the board, though this time he laughed. ‘People are mad we responded to this, yet they made it public anyways.’

• Agree Agree x 1