House Howlester

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by BillyTheScruffy, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ScaledSupremacy

ScaledSupremacy No, no, I'm just a... reverse blood donor.

I should mention that I don't think that counts as a weakness, a short attention span maybe, but not a weakness in your writing or capabilities of expressing your actions through text.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Brycea111

Brycea111 Mithrilian Navy and Knight Of Mithril

Snipped!
    Thank you for applying for House Coen, as a Spokes Person and a Member of House Coen who monitors the Threads and a Voice for BillyTheScroofy, Patriarch of House Coen, I will be be Declining your Application. I appreciate your interest in Randulf, if you wish to apply in the future, please wait a month and try again!
    Declined!

Snipped!
    Thank you for applying for House Coen, as a Spokes Person and a Member of House Coen who monitors the Threads and a Voice for BillyTheScroofy , Patriarch of House Coen on this thread, I will be be Declining your Application. I appreciate your interest in a House Servant. If you wish to Apply in the future, please wait a month and try again!
    Declined!

Snipped!
    Thank you for applying for House Coen, Your interest in House Guard is appreciated, I've gone through your Application and albeit short, suffices, I will be accepting your Application. Welcome to House Coen.
    Accepted!

((Please at your soonest convenience, pen a letter to @BillyTheScroofy to be added into the Private Skype Chats. ))

3. EpicPumpkinPie

EpicPumpkinPie I feel my talent in my fingers, but never see it.

Character applying for: Vivienne Coen (If she is still open.)
    References: @Jouster @JennaLikesCoffee @Ghirko @GoldenGamer37 @Markisbeest @Halsi @Nitesho and several more individuals who can come forth if needed.
    Roleplay Character Applications: Working currently on an app for Kerry and almost done.
    Nobility Experience: Kerry Celyreos.
    Activity: I am fairly active; I try to get on whenever I can and usually play hours on end every day.
    Roleplay strength: When I roleplay I tend to become my character; talking how they would talk, acting how they would act, and thinking as they would think.
    Roleplay weakness: I type decently fast, so I may make several typos from time to time.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans and reason: None.
    Reason for applying: I wish to apply for House Coen because I believe it will provide a unique role play experience. Currently having one character; things can get relatively redundant and by being a part of House Coen, I believe I can further my roleplay abilities.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak: Yes.
    Have you a firm grasp on Ithanian/Ceardian, Regalian military lore?: Being a part of House Celyreos, I am relatively familiar with such. I however still have a fair amount to learn and grasp considering Kerry is a social character; not a combat. If I were to be accepted into House Coen I would further my knowledge by reading into the lore with more depth.

NOTE: I understand fully that by applying to House Coen this character will now be my main. According to the time, I am actually active; I will have plenty of time to play both my Coen character and Kerry Celyreos (sometimes). I do wish to clear this up because I feel like this could add some tension or doubt to my application.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #83 EpicPumpkinPie, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  4. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

I'll need to chat with you about this particular character. Message me your skype username through the forums.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  5. Ferrochrome

Ferrochrome Scarfeltal IG

I've been lowkey following this house for a while now ever since I got more seriously into RP (like 2014-2015 maybe? I forget; it's been a while). I'm currently in the process of gathering references so that I can apply to join.

I have one question: Why did the name change from Coen to Howlester? It's not mentioned in the backstory, so I assume it was a retcon of some kind.

6. BillyTheScruffy

The house name was originally 'Kohen' but was simplified to Coen after the family moved from Ceardia to mainland Gallovia. When William stepped down from leadership of the family, Rodderick took over and changed the name from Coen to Howlester to fit better in with the Gallovians and portray his newly found influence over the family.

Its quite late for me so that might not make a lot of sense so please ask a rejoinder question if it doesnt quite click

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  7. Ferrochrome

No, that makes sense.

Thanks!
    imo coen is a cooler name

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ferrochrome

Character applying for: Devona Howlester
    References: @Ampers07, @Beetletoes, @Conflee, will add others
    Roleplay Character Applications: (The latter two were under my old account and are significantly lower quality, but worth mentioning.)
    Nobility Experience: I played in several "low noble" families under the old system where that was a thing, so I've had some semi-noble RP in the past. I have RPed with plenty of nobles before as a commoner and a Vigilant Shield, just not as part of their own family.
    Activity: I have played on Massive on and off since 2013. I'm explicitly not available the second half of the week, but Sunday/Monday/Tuesday I'm around for multiple hours, and sometimes available late nights PST the rest of the week.
    Roleplay strength: I'm quite good at detailing actions and mannerisms such that the other parties feel a sense of immersion. Writing is one of my strengths in general.
    Roleplay weakness: I can tend to be awkward or naive from time to time. I have Aspergers syndrome so this is an IRL thing too.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans and reason: None. Clean record, yo!
    Reason for applying: I've wanted to join a noble family for a while, and I was browsing for interesting characters. Rosalina caught my eye. Plus, I've seen this family grow up during my Massive time and it would be an honor to be a part of it.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak: Yes, able. Discord too. I'll shoot you my information in PM.
    Have you a firm grasp on Ithanian/Ceardian, Regalian military lore?: Yes. @LumosJared is making me read through all this stuff for aspirancy.

#88 Ferrochrome, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  9. ScaledSupremacy

Rosalina Howlester is currently played by @JennaLikesCoffee

10. Ferrochrome

@BillyTheScroofy you need to update the sheet then

in that case i suppose I'll apply for Brydon, unless you'd recommend I play any other members

11. MantaRey

MantaRey repairing the gens Staff Member Lore2

Brydon Howlester is played by Tenmaku.

12. ScaledSupremacy

Randulf and Devona are free.

13. Ferrochrome

@BillyTheScroofy Taking Devona, then

14. BillyTheScruffy

Please provide an application on this thread for that character and I'll see if you fit the bill.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  15. Ferrochrome

Is Devona semi-reserved until I do that, then? It might take me a couple days to do it with proper quality; I'm usually pretty busy on weekends and there's a big football game tonight.

(The wait will be worth it; I'm just trying to ensure that it is actually worth it, if that makes sense.)

Also, the sheet will be put into WIP so it doesn't clutter this thread and has proper formatting.

16. Ferrochrome

@BillyTheScroofy just a quick question-- do IC jails count as jails? My main character is a criminal so he's gotten jailed IC a couple times for minor stuff like pickpocketing; my OOC record is clean though

17. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

A WIP sheet is not necessary. All that is needed is for you to fill out the application once again, but this time for Devona.

If you're OOC record is clean, you should be good in regards to those matters. Billy will see that you've mentioned being IC jailed, which really shouldn't be a problem, though please mention it in your upcoming application.

18. BillyTheScruffy

@Ferrochrome Jenna is right. I need you to fill out the application you already posted again with a little more detail and perhaps some information on how you will be portraying Devona, if you're accepted into the family. Thanks in advance!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #98 BillyTheScruffy, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  19. Ferrochrome

OH! I thought you meant a WIP sheet! Okay. Give me a few minutes.

20. Ferrochrome

@BillyTheScroofy here you go! Edits have been made in blue.

Character applying for
    : Devona Howlester
    References: @Ampers07, @Beetletoes, @Conflee, will add others
    Roleplay Character Applications: (The latter two were under my old account and are significantly lower quality, but worth mentioning.)
    Nobility Experience: I played in several "low noble" families under the old system where that was a thing, so I've had some semi-noble RP in the past. I have RPed with plenty of nobles before as a commoner and a Vigilant Shield, just not as part of their own family.
    Activity: I have played on Massive on and off since 2013. I'm explicitly not available the second half of the week, but Sunday/Monday/Tuesday I'm around for multiple hours, and sometimes available late nights PST the rest of the week.
    Roleplay strength: I'm quite good at detailing actions and mannerisms such that the other parties feel a sense of immersion. Writing is one of my strengths in general. Seeing as Devon’s seems to be a very analytical character, I would bring this strength to the table primarily by describing her thought processes where appropriate.
    Roleplay weakness: I can tend to be awkward or socially naive from time to time. I have Aspergers syndrome so this is an IRL thing too. Actually, I feel like Devona would be a good help with this as she’s quite analytical, gruff, and to-the-point, so I should be able to get a handle on “proper” noble RP while still having some room for (unintended) unconventional social behavior.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans and reason: None. Clean record, yo! My main character is a criminal so he’s been jailed IC a few times for minor things like petty theft.
    Reason for applying: I've wanted to join a noble family for a while, and I was browsing for interesting characters. Plus, I've seen this family grow up during my Massive time and it would be an honor to be a part of it. I’ve also been thinking on the idea of playing Devona and I think I could portray her very well. She seems very analytical and to-the-point, a true tactician and soldier with little room for high-class bullshit. I’d imagine she has manners and can clean up if required, but probably wouldn’t like it very much, preferring to practice her combat techniques and read up on military strategy.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak: Yes, able. Discord too. I'll shoot you my information in PM.
    Have you a firm grasp on Ithanian/Ceardian, Regalian military lore?: Yes. @LumosJared is making me read through all this stuff for aspirancy.

21. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

This application has been declined. We believe you have not interacted with the Howlester's enough as a whole to have gained enough knowledge to represent and take upon a character under our name. We would like to encourage you to apply for a staff position, so that you can hopefully gain said knowledge. Afterwards, you are free to apply once again for a Howlester character.

22. Ferrochrome

Wait, why didn’t @BillyTheScroofy just decline it right out the gate?

23. Ferrochrome

@BillyTheScroofy Staff application.

References:
    @Ampers07, @Beetletoes, @Conflee, @avemechanicus, will add others
    Roleplay strength: I'm quite good at detailing actions and mannerisms such that the other parties feel a sense of immersion. Writing is one of my strengths in general.
    Roleplay weakness: I can tend to be awkward or socially naive from time to time. I have Aspergers syndrome so this is an IRL thing too.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans and reason: None. Clean record, yo! My main character is a criminal so he’s been jailed IC a few times for minor things like petty theft.
    Reason for applying: I've wanted to join a noble family for a while, and I was browsing for interesting characters. Plus, I've seen this family grow up during my Massive time and it would be an honor to be a part of it. Plus, the character that’s specifically applying is someone I’ve been hoping to use in more of an official capacity with regards to his legitimate trade (close-up magic). Also, I want to apply for Devona Coen in the future after being denied due to not having RPed with the family enough.
    Have you a firm grasp on Ithanian/Ceardian, Regalian military lore?: Yes. Jared (not tagging) is making me read this stuff for aspirancy.
    What staff position are you applying for?: House magician/entertainer. The intended character is a skilled close-up magician. (Mundane magic, not mage magic.)

#103 Ferrochrome, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  24. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Accepted. Please PM me your Skype information.

25. BillyTheScruffy

It wasn't until I read your application that I realised I hadn't actually interacted with you since your days in the Shield.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  26. Ferrochrome

Oh, okay.
    If Devona is still at least somewhat on the table then I’d be down to do a few refresher RPs with you and forego the house staff bit. (Although the house staff character is also the one William would remember from the Shield.)

27. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

We’re going to see how you roleplay first as a staff member, then we’ll go from there.

28. nath_n

nath_n Mamba Mentality

References: @Deadfoe51 @Conflee @Fenlee @YoungGopnik @Nudibronch
    Roleplay Character Applications: Click me! Click
    Nobility Experience?: Have never played a Noble character though I have house guarded multiple houses.
    Activity?: I've been on massive for about a year and 3 months. Im on everyday at 6 pst. And 9EST
    Roleplay strength?: Combat RP or Noble RP
    Roleplay weakness?: Not good with big groups of like 10 or more
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason?: None.
    Reason for applying?: Because I loved William when he was guard commander and inquisition commander. Plus I want somewhere to get onto the noble scene. An this seems like the family to start with.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak?: Skype: yaboychoco Discord: @choco6728
    Position you're applying for: Second Bloodline of William Coen/Howlester cousin Devona.
    @BillyTheScroofy

29. BillyTheScruffy

Accepted for a trial period

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  30. EuphoricEcho

EuphoricEcho A Joyful Repetition

Hello there, Devona said Eva should apply to be a house guard so here is the app!

References: @Chikara_ @BirthFather @KrombopulousNari @NChulingeth @meep999

Roleplay Character Applications: Evalynn Bree https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/evalynn-bree.55029/

Nobility Experience: Aside from brief conversations, I have not had any experience with nobility.

Activity: I have been roleplaying on and off for about 3 years and I tend to be on for roughly 8 hours a week. I am currently in school so my activity during the week may not be as open but weekends I try to be on more.

Roleplay strength: I believe that my greatest strength is my CRP etiquette. I try to communicate accurately what my character is doing and try my best to react to what logically would happen in a certain situation. If I’m confused about something I’m more than willing to ask a question; although, I won’t ask a question every single emote.

Roleplay weakness: I feel as though I don’t describe things as well as I can (other than CRP of course). I often keep my emotes simple and clear so they can at least be understood. I feel as though I could improve on describing more to just make the roleplay environment just feel more real. Also I feel as though I could improve on my vocabulary to use language more relevant to the time period.

Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason: So far I have not been muted, jailed, or temp-banned.

Reason for applying: Like I mentioned before I have not engaged in noble roleplay very much and I am genuinely curious about it. I think it will be a great experience and will be just fun in general.

Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak: I can use Skype (Euphoric Echo or dylansmithb1999@gmail.com). I prefer just texting but I can do calls if needed.

Position you're applying for: House Guard

Hope to hear from you soon @BillyTheScroofy

• Agree Agree x 2
    #110 EuphoricEcho, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  31. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Accepted.

32. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

Family Application

Character applying for: Randulf Aldwin Howlester
    References: @ElderShrub , @BillyTheScroofy , @PosidonX7 , @Faunfire , @Emo_Bunny , @Film_Noir
    Roleplay Character Applications: This notable guy, this less played guy, and this created-out-spare-time but not-yet-played guy.
    Nobility Experience: I've not played as a noble before, but then the age of Randulf is befitting for me to learn, given that he too will also need his edges roughing out. In the past, I've dealt with nobility in illegal and legal conduct such as deals and meetings, and am aware of proper etiquette and the noble hierarchy.
    Activity: My /seen says about four years or five but I've taken a break for a while. With the dragon post, my attention was alerted and my inner child wanted new eyes in the Universe that is Massivecraft. I can play quite regularly but have a job now.
    Roleplay strength: I'm confident in my grammar and knowledge of lore, rules, as well as my knowledge on how t
    Roleplay weakness: Honestly? We both know my weakness lies in my lack of originality due to preference but this is another reason why I chose Randulf - He's a new player in a different position than what I'm used to, and thus the different crowd and new character may hopefully redeem my previous antics.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans and reason: I've appealed to have them removed, and thus my slate is clean. I can discuss them in Skype if required but I'd rather not dirty the forums with the buried past.
    Reason for applying: I've enjoyed role-playing with Billy in the past, even if our characters were at odds. I like the familiar nature they share with one another and their individual attributes that flourish when they react to one another. An example is the stern William denoting the jovial Warren, but it's treated as a fun narrative to further conversation instead of outright shut it down. Furthermore, I'd like to eventually make the Trusted list and I feel this may help that goal if I do well enough. I'd like to eventually create a mage character down the line or a Silven.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak: Yis, though TeamSpeak is a bother for me as my laptop is quite old and on a life-support-esque system - It makes a lot of noise and has a terrible mic. It's so outdated in software that it won't accept a microphone or earphones.
    Have you a firm grasp on Ithanian/Ceardian, Regalian military lore?: I do, I've read all the pages and had slight experience in previous roleplay.

Have mercy on my Soul.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #112 Anseran, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  33. BillyTheScruffy

Only seeing this now. The character is taken thus this application is rejected

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  34. Ludicro

Ludicro Indecisive - Wait, no make it ironic

Family Servant and Staff Application

References:
    @Rubar_ @jsmalls1324
    Roleplay Character Applications:
    Nindrol
    Nobility Experience:
    I've RPed with a few nobles, not as staff though.
    Activity:
    I've been RPing on Massive for almost a year now and I try to get on at least 4 times a week for as long as I can.
    Roleplay strength:

Flexible with new situations, portraying emotion and actions in detail
    Roleplay weakness:
    Awkward (Starting Roleplays with new people)
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason:
    None
    Reason for applying?:

My character needs work and I want to get more involved in Regalia.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak:
    Position you're applying for:

Footman​

#114 Ludicro, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  35. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Accepted! PM me your Skype.

36. Nixces

Nixces N/A

Character applying for:
    Phaden Howlester, twin brother of Caoimhe, son of Theodric.
    References: @Dreamaxia @BleachForTheSoul
    Roleplay Character Applications: I have more, but Nienna Soryn is my best as of this time and generally most recent. (https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/nienna-soryn.65790/)
    Nobility Experience: Had a short time playing as a Norwood, though I only had minor experience under the character due to the family growing inactive and losing nobility. I was also part of house Silevon, though that was merely a respected Isldar family and not a noble family.
    Activity: I began to roleplay on the server as of 1 year and 11 months ago. I tend to be active generally from 6 to 12 EST on weekdays although sometimes earlier. This activity does indeed increase during the weekend.
    Roleplay Strengths: I find my greatest strengths within roleplay are giving detailed emotes, adding personality to characters,and just overall designing characters.
    Roleplay Weaknesses: I struggle with grammar, though I can do generally alright with it. And depending on the time of day I may have issues with spelling and such.

Mutes/jails/temp-bans and reason: A few mutes for inappropriate in general from when I first started.
    Reason for applying: Been interested in joining a noble family in general for a while, and to make connections with roleplayers i’ve never talked to before. Thought Howlester would be a good choice in general.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak: I can indeed do both, and have both at this time! I’m able to join calls if I am needed to.
    Have you a firm grasp on Ithanian/Ceardian, Regalian military lore?: Although a tad bit shaky at times, I do.

• Winner Winner x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  37. BillyTheScruffy

Accepted, though on a trial basis. Two weeks trial to see if you can hold yourself as a High Noble.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  38. Gemini_Malfoy

Gemini_Malfoy

Character applying for: I would be open to playing a number of characters, but preferably being Angelique Madéleine Howlester or Daina Howlester.
    References: I could name many people, but seeing as neither of us have all day, I will only list a few. @midnight_moon123, (A current Howlester House Guard) @Ailethi, @JcRED, @aprader1, @Nitroflak, @Glitch169.
    Roleplay Character Applications: I have never formally written out a full character application, but I always have the basic information in my head before I start rolplaying, and the rest is history.
    Nobility Experience: Some nobility experiance
    Activity: I have been on Massive for about three months, although I was roleplaying long before that. I am very active on Massive too, able to spend hours a day playing on the server.
    Roleplay strength: I consider myself very good at emoting realistic responses, and dialouge.
    Roleplay weakness: My roleplay weakness would be initiating roleplays, and making first interactions with other characters.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans and reason: None
    Reason for applying: During my time on Massive, I have heard so much about the House of Howlester. Ever since @midnight_moon123, a friend of mine became a house guard, I slowly became more and more understanding of the family and it's lore. Finding even more information on the house had finally pushed me to applying.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak: I mainly use Discord, but I am able to use Skype/Teamspeak
    Have you a firm grasp on Ithanian/Ceardian, Regalian military lore?: Not much, but I am hoping to learn more.

39. FilicidalIdeals

FilicidalIdeals we're gonna go get married

Ask me before you use me as a reference, I hardly even know you.

40. Infinatum

Infinatum In Totum Ad Perpetuum

Family Servant and Staff Application

References: @Wumpatron @FireFan96
    Roleplay Character Applications: Otto Bergmann-Jäger
    Nobility Experience?: Prior to this application, I have served a total near 2 years as a House Guard for House Drache and a 4 month stint as Steward to House Typhonus.
    Activity?: Most days of the week, especially on Friday and the weekend. With Summer I have more free time and as such am able to dedicate more of it to Massivecraft.
    Roleplay strength?: I can be loyal to a fault and that often bleeds into my character.
    Roleplay weakness?: I often times can't get sarcasm, this is compounded by the fact we all text online and as such there is no voice and changes in the voice to allow for catching things like sarcasm.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason?: Nope
    Reason for applying?: It is only logical that my character, having dealt with many Howlesters' and respecting them that he would seek employment by them once his current employment was done. It also allows me to serve a larger House, work with more people, grow and develop myself and my character, and finally let's me deepen the bonds I've built in my time here on Massivecraft.
    Able to use Skype and/or Teamspeak?: On Skype daily.
    Position you're applying for: House Guard/Steward

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1