House Dei Veleno

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by YouDontKnowJack, Feb 26, 2018.

1. YouDontKnowJack

YouDontKnowJack quarantining

House dei Veleno.png
    Crest by @Ghirko
    New Crest Stag.png
    House Sigil: Stag
    Motto: "La sconfitta è solo una nuova strada per la vittoria." (Defeat is just a new road to victory)
    Family Culture: Dressolini
    Values: Free-thinking, Compassion, Honor, and Loyalty
    House Song: [X]

History Timeline: (WIP)
    Though the dei Veleno name goes back as far as the town itself, the story of the most prominent line begins in 216 AC with the birth of a middle-class Dressolini couple’s first child in their new home of their namesake, Veleno.
    216 AC: Maria dei Veleno is born.
    221 AC: Cristaldo is born.
    234 AC: Maria meets Gregoire Brosseau, who is on a family vacation to Montania. The two seem to be perfect, finding feelings for each other rapidly.
    236 AC: Gregoire leaves his family to come to Montania and be with Maria, and after a hurried wedding, they set off to find a place to begin their new life.
    239 AC: After some traveling and trial and error, the couple finds their home in Northern Ithania.
    240 AC: The family helps finance Maria and her new husband's new business, a small mining operation, a seemingly small event that would impact both lines for generations.
    242 AC: The mining strikes gold, literally, and results in huge returns for all invested parties. Looking to repeat that success, Cristaldo and Maria's parents were more than willing to help get Cristaldo's vineyard on its feet, and though it got off to a slow start, experience and knowledge overtook dumb luck and it was even more successful than the mines had been.
    247 AC: Before long, Cristaldo meats a woman named Marzia, and the two are married.
    248 AC: When the couple finds out Marzia is pregnant with their first child, they begin work on a beautiful new home in coastal Veleno.

249 AC: Antonio is born.
    252 AC: Emilio is born.
    261 AC: As one of Cristaldo's last major decisions, the House begins to dip into
    joint operations with other family businesses, expanding rapidly.
    269 AC: While Emilio is finishing the last of his studies, Antonio successfully opens another vineyard nearer to the family's home and the coast.
    272 AC: With the combined efforts of Antonio and Emilio, the first dei Veleno vineyard in Vixhall opens.
    275 AC: Antonio and Emilio's continued work reaps continued success, as the various dei Veleno brands of wine grow more popular. To save money on transport and appeal to locals, smaller vineyards begin to dot Montania and Vixhall, though this takes a hit on the family's funds.
    276 AC: Aronne is born.

277 AC: Nearly as soon as they've broken even from the rapid expansion of vineyards, the money is invested in laying the groundwork for purchasing more land on the coast and building a personal harbor for import and export through Montania.
    278 AC: Marco is born.
    279 AC: Porto de Prosperito is established as a central hub to the dei Veleno trade in Montania and to assist in both bringing more business to Veleno and expanding beyond. The port becomes a major turning point for the family, as it begins rapid growth that requires much attention from Emilio to manage.
    280 AC: Adrienne is born.
    282 AC: Carlotta is born.
    286 AC: Aronne begins his training in the School of Viridian.
    287 AC: The business begins to settle down, with hired staff being able to assist with much of the work, and allowing Emilio to take a more prominent role in his family.
    290 AC: By this point, Porto de Prosperito is an integral aspect of Veleno's culture and economy, housing a more 'downtown' area of shops, lodging, and other businesses.
    296 AC: Aronne graduates from the School of Viridian.
    302 AC: Aronne returns home and spends two years with his father and Carlotta, traveling and learning the inner workings of the family's holdings.
    304 AC: The Bone Horrors rise, killing Emilio and leaving Aronne as unprepared patriarch. Florian has a stroke that leaves her badly sick and confined to bed.

Border.png
    Family Tree:
    Veleno Family Tree.PNG

~Roles~
    Main Roles: These are the major roles of the family and require the most commitment and activity.
    Aronne dei Veleno - Played @Koajack
    Marco dei Veleno - Open
    Adrienne dei Veleno - Shelved @Rosemberry
    Carlotta dei Veleno - Shelved @SpoopMelon
    Florian dei Veleno - Open

Secondary Roles: These are more flexible characters, and require less activity. Generally, they are subject to the applicant's design, and easier to be approved for.
    Antonio dei Veleno -
    Open
    Antonio's Family - Open, unwritten

Brosseau Roles: Contact me privately for information regarding these.

Border.png
    Family Trade:
    The family's long-running string of vineyards has always been the foremost of House dei Veleno's holdings. After establishing their brand in the wine industry, they began to manufacture musical instruments, though this had much less of an effect on the family's growth than their vineyards. The opening of the Porto de Prosperito ushered in rapid expansion for the family, as their own port and ships made travel much more simple and cost-effective. As recently as 304 AC, they have begun to test the waters of manufacturing their own ships, both for personal and business use as well as sale.

Properties:

~Canto del Mare~
    The dei Veleno family runs a restaurant by the name of Canto del Mare, a place they consider the epitome of Dressolini class and culture. It is located at the port of Montania nearest to Veleno. As if the smell of the delicious food cooking wasn’t enough, it intertwines niely with the sweet sound of live music by the water.

~Villa del Sole~
    This beautiful Montana home has been in the dei Veleno line for over fifty years, but its age does nothing to detract from its splendor. Two generations of dei Veleno children have been raised here, and it’s quite possible more will be. Situated right at the coastal edge of Veleno, the home gets its name from the way the sunset illuminates the house in an unearthly glow.

~Porto de Prosperito~
    The harbor not far from Veleno is where the family both builds and docks their own ships. The need to ships and transport was heightened by the Bone Horror crisis, and Aronne was able to use his own experience to set up the now successful port. This central hub of transportation to and from Veleno is dotted with seafood restaurants, general stores, and the like, including the original Canto del Mare.

~La Tana~

Aronne purchased this cottage on the southwest Regalia countryside coast only a couple years ago and lived there for nearly a year with only a few activities to keep him busy. It’s no vacation home by any stretch, but for one or two people this abode will do just fine, and even has its own piano.

Border.png
    Applications:
    IGN:
    Skype? Discord?:
    Character Name (If one is not given, choose):
    References (Minimum of three):
    Previous Approved Char App:
    Give a brief but informative description of the character you'd like to play:
    Time Zone:
    OOC Age and Gender (Not required but appreciated):
    Active Times:
    Have you had any punishments or rule breaks in the past six months? If so, what?:
    How often will this character be played?:

Border.png
    Rules:
    - Upon approval, you have a one month "trial period" to make an effort to play the character and "get out there." There's no hard requirement for this, it's mainly to judge interest.
    - We expect you to keep a good OOC attitude and follow all Massive RP rules and lore.
    - Do not actively sabotage or work against the family OOCly or ICly without consulting the family head.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
    #1 YouDontKnowJack, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  2. YouDontKnowJack

3. Piantaa

Piantaa Aspiring Biologist

IGN: Rosemberry
    Skype? Discord?: You have both.
    Character Name (If one is not given, choose): Adrienne dei Veleno
    References (Minimum of three): RedSentinel, mochalattes, Koajack
    Previous Approved Char App: None
    Give a brief but informative description of the character you'd like to play: Standing at 5'3", Adrienne has deep forest green eyes with cinnamon brown locks to frame her face and back. Her skin is tanned, and she has a toned figure.
    Time Zone: EST
    OOC Age and Gender (Not required but appreciated): 17, Female
    Active Times: I am usually on 5-6 hours, 4-5 days in a week, but it all varies.
    Have you had any punishments or rule breaks in the past six months? If so, what?: None
    How often will this character be played?: It will be played as the main, so 70-80% of the time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. YouDontKnowJack

A P P R O V E D
    (For future reference I meant a summary of the character herself not her appearance but we've already talked about it so it's all good)

5. YouDontKnowJack

Update--
    Carlotta dei Veleno is now available, and has a character sheet written already! Silyoran dei Veleno has been adopted by Adrienne!

6. SpoopMelon

SpoopMelon Persephone

IGN: SpoopMelon
    Skype? Discord?: You got em
    Character Name (If one is not given, choose): Carlotta Dei Veleno
    References (Minimum of three): @theredsentinel and im still collecting gimme a bit
    Previous Approved Char App: uuuuuuuuhhh
    Give a brief but informative description of the character you'd like to play: I intend to play Carlotta much like she's described on her character app. Around strangers she's a quie bubbly and confident person, although she does her best to stay out of arguments and disagreements. Even at only 24 she is an extremely skilled musician, preferring the violin, although after a couple of minutes of warming up she can play piano too.
    Time Zone: CET (GMT+1)
    OOC Age and Gender (Not required but appreciated): You know how old I am and I am femailbox
    Active Times: Usually between 2 and 10 pm my time
    Have you had any punishments or rule breaks in the past six months? If so, what?: No I am a precious innocent bean who can do no evil
    How often will this character be played?: Hecking most of the time I'm online probably

• Like Like x 1
  7. YouDontKnowJack

Your trial month begins now! Happy to have you!

8. Cyliah

Cyliah Cute Sunflower by Day, Sassy Bitch by Night.

Wondering if I could apply for a Secondary Role, interested in playing Antonio's daughter. I'll write the application as soon as possible.

Being Italian I've always wanted to play a Dressolini character, so this seems like the perfect chance to come back and have a bit of fun~

9. Cyliah

IGN: Cyliah_
    Skype? Discord?: I'm okay with using both of them
    Character Name: Giulia Dei Veleno, daughter of Antonio Dei Veleno.
    References (Minimum of three):
    Previous Approved Char App: Before I left Massivecraft, I had two char apps accepted, but they seem to be outdated, so they are tagged as "rejected". If you check through the replies though, you'll see they had been accepted, that being said:
    Aurelius Bigge
    Elise Ceadon
    Give a brief but informative description of the character you'd like to play: I'd like to talk with you guys before jumping too much into the creation of the character, but I imagine her to be very charismatic, fun and radiant, while somewhat stubborn and self-centered. I still have to figure out many things about her, especially her personality and what she's gonna look like, but if there's one thing I know, is that she's gonna enjoy wine, like a lot.

Let me know if there's anything that you don't like or that you don't approve <3
    Time Zone: CET
    OOC Age and Gender (Not required but appreciated): 18, Male
    Active Times: I should be able to jump IG atleast once a day, at the very least 4 times a week.
    Have you had any punishments or rule breaks in the past six months? If so, what?: Nope.

How often will this character be played?:
    Hopefully, often enough. I have quite a lot of stuff going on IRL, but I should be able to handle them. If things had to change, I'd let you know <3

@Koajack

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    #9 Cyliah, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  10. YouDontKnowJack

When I said references I meant like, people who vouch for you, not face claims haha. Mind rounding up a few?

11. SpoopMelon

SpoopMelon Persephone

I can vouch for her, I remember her back a long time ago and she was great!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  12. Cyliah

Awww, thank you so much, you're just lovely! Wish there was a "love you" or "kisses 'till death" reaction<3 <3

Hahahahahah whoopsie, i'm so dumb ~ <3 anyhow, maybe @StarkFromAway if you need more

#12 Cyliah, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  13. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

I haven't talked to you in like 2 years. I don't want to be used as a reference as I haven't gotten a feel of how you are in those 2 years we haven't spoken.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  14. Cyliah

Sure, my bad. Won't happen again ~

15. YouDontKnowJack

Given you've just come back to the server, I think it would be best if you took some time to get back into things and adapt a bit before coming on board. Get out there, meet people, etc, then feel free to reapply once you feel you've gotten a bit more used to things! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you and I'm sure Rose, Spoop, and Res will as well.

• Agree Agree x 1