House Ombre

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Posidem, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Posidem

Posidem Archmage of Avgard

“From Shadows We Grow; Strong as Oak; Reaching for the Stars”

[​IMG]
    A view of the family's ancestral home of Oakclyff from below.
    [​IMG]

Past

An ancient Daendroque clan, the family can trace its roots to that of the oaken tree that graces their sigil. They had arrived upon one of the finest ships of the age to the south western tip of Montania, across from the small island of Avull, in 181 AC. It was there they were directed south by a dead tree, and so they followed, until landing on the northern peninsula of Pays Sud. Here they founded their dynasty under the shadow of an oak tree atop the highest cliff on the shore, under which a cavern had formed from ancient waves and House Ombre would be born.

The keep would soon be called Oakclyff for the ancient tree that had guided the original founders. The original oak tree was the only survivor of its grove, the others being used to build and birth the familial business: sea trade. The Ombre's had always been excellent seamen and used this ability to found their House. So why not use it to further better the house?

By 210 AC a golden age could said to have befallen the Ombre clan. Coin traveled into the bustling port town of Oakclyff allowing for the mighty House to expand further into the main land. More and more taxes were gathered, more men recruited into the guardsmen and fleets, and more attention focused on the maturing clan.

It did not take long for the signature ambition of the House to be taken a step too far. Their small folk resulted, other lords declared war, and the Empire demanded payment around 250 AC. Soon the once glorious House that expanded the peninsula was nothing more than a small dot on the map, occupying a cave on the coast. This failure would haunt the Ombre to the present day.

Their business of sea trade continued, albeit slower than before, and the feeble family slowly got back on its feet. The 260s brought forth a new wave of hope for the House. They began to rekindle relationships with their small folk and spark new trade agreements with other lands. It was around this time that Joaquin de Oakclyff and Sebastián de Oakclyff were born.

[​IMG]

Present

[​IMG]
    One of the tourneys of old that were once held during the prime of the Ombre family.

With the onset of the Chrysant War the two brothers hoped to bring fame and fortune to the family by offering their skills to the Empire. The oldest brother, Sebastián was deemed too frail to join the military and was instead left to care for Oakclyff. All the while Joaquin enlisted in the navy and brought glory upon their fallen house through his sailing genius.

By the war's time the two brothers had already been married, each with their own family. Sebastián had married a minor lord's daughter to keep the family's banner men happy and Joaquin married an Ithanian socialite. Despite the usual laws of inheritance, and perhaps because of his inability to fight, Sebastián was skipped over as heir to the Ombre House.

This final wish of their father brought strife between the two brothers, as Joaquin was officially made the patriarch of the family while his older brother was left to wallow in self pity and hatred. In spite of this, Joaquin allowed his brother to act as Lord of Oakclyff in his stead, as the young patriarch had recently acquired tea plantations in the far east and hoped to establish another revenue of regals for the family.

The family was finally prospering in the shadow of the great war... For a time at least.

[​IMG]

Future

[​IMG]
    A view of the morning fog that crawls into the bay from the sea out of a window of Oakclyff.

Following this minor resurgence tragedy struck the family with the death of the patriarch, Joaquin, with the turn of the century in 300 AC. In his will, at the behest of his wife, their firstborn daughter was named heiress to the head of the house. A wish that would not be fulfilled. As her greedy uncle refused to be surpassed another time, much less by a woman, and claimed the title as his own.

Olivia did not falter, however, and instead used the wealth of her father and in laws to find a way off the Isles of her home to Regalia, in order to get assistance from the Empire. Her quest was useless, as she soon learned how apathetic the royal family could be to those they deemed unworthy. So her goal changed, as she needed to have her name known for her house to receive any kind of aide.

She doubled her efforts to socialize with the nobility, and feeling as if that was not getting the effect she wanted, the young Ithanian took matters into her own hands. A coup d'état was set into place to reclaim her land... And so it was, her alchemic knowledge giving her own men the boost they needed. This acquisition of power proved to be enough for someone to notice her, and nobility dressed her shoulders.

[​IMG]
    Basic Info

The most basic info for those that want a quick understanding of House Ombre.

• House: Ombre
    • Sigil: Silver oak tree against navy blue background
    • Motto: "From Shadows We Grow; Strong as Oak; Reaching for the Stars"
    • Colors: Silver, navy blue, brown
    • Culture: Champagnard - Dressolini - Ch'ien-Ji
    • Religion: Unionism & Dragon Worship
    • Politics: Leftist
    • Trade: Tea & Seatrade
    [​IMG]

Family Traits

Most members of the house have the following traits:

• Brown hair, usually lighter in tone but can be darker depending on outside blood. Blue eyes are also the standard of the family.

• Ambition. The defining trait of the House. From the long deceased members to the modern ones, almost all Ombre have a burning passion with in them.

• The family is Dressolini in origin, but with Olivia's mother Ithanian members are permitted. Ch'ien may also find a way into the family because of Olivia's past marriage.
    [​IMG]
    Property & Business

Oakclyff – Hidden beneath the mighty oak tree that once guided the Ombre, the keep is built into a cliff/cove overlooking the coast of Pays Sud.

Lee Sin Tea Plantations – Tea plantations, some acquired by Joaquin while others were inherited by Olivia from her in-laws, provide precious tea leaves from the Yang-Tzu Isles for the family to trade.

SS Seasalt – An ancient ship that has been in the family for generations, it has received many upgrades, remodeling, and reconstruction over the years but the telltale blue and silver sails show everyone who it belongs to.

Avull Island – Recently claimed by Olivia, the small island is tactically situated in the middle of the straight between Montania and Vultaro. The Ombre matriarch has many plans for the island but for now leaves the residents to do as they please.

[​IMG]
    A map showing the land under Ombre control.

[​IMG]
    Titles

Madame la Ombre, Olivia Désirée Ombre.
    Protecteur de Avull Island, Olivia Désirée Ombre.
    Dame de Oakclyff, Olivia Désirée Ombre.
    Countess de Imperial Court, Olivia Désirée Ombre.
    Swan de Ithanian Court, Olivia Désirée Ombre.
    Protectress de Ithania, Olivia Désirée Ombre.

[​IMG]

Application

Anyone is allowed to apply as long as they fill out the following application (and tag @Posidem ):

IGN:
    Timezone:
    IRL age:
    Discord (y/n):
    Skype (y/n):
    Reason for joining:

Once accepted, we will work together to find a role for you in the family.

[​IMG]
    Notes & Trivia
    • The original motto of the family was "From Shadows we Grow", in reference to Oakclyff which is under the shadow of the mighty oak as well as the shadow of the cove.
    • The second part of the motto "As Strong as Oak" was added by Joaquin to signify the strength of the family during the Chrysant War.
    • The final part of the motto "Reaching for the Stars" was added by Olivia to note the family's ambition as well as pay tribute to the Ch'ien who raised her and were important to her life.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Posidem, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. Posidem

Ombre Family Tree

[​IMG]

Main Line
    • Olivia Désirée Ombre (@Posidem ) [ALIVE] {35} - Matriarch of the family with the ambition to reach for the stars.

• Côme Ombre (@Posidem ) [ALIVE] {28} - Younger brother of Olivia who has spent most of his life training with the Viridian Order.
    Second Line

• Sebastián Ombre (@ ) [DEAD] - Brother of Olivia's father, traitor.

• Jocelyn Ombre (@ ) [ALIVE] {64} - Widow of Sebastián.

• Cousin Ombre (@ ) [ALIVE] {43} - Son of Sebastián.
      • Nephew Ombre (@ ) {21} - Grandson of Sebastián, nephew to Olivia.
      • Wifey Ombre (@ ) {41} - Wife of Son of Sebastián.
    • Luca Ombre (@Percuriam ) [ALIVE] {30s} - Son of Sebastián.

• Cousin Ombre (@ ) [ALIVE] {24} - Son of Sebastián.
    Third Line
    • Francisco Ombre (@ ) [ALIVE] {81} - Uncle to Joaquin & Sebastián, Great Uncle to Olivia

• Cousin 2.0 Ombre (@) [ALIVE] {59} - Daughter of Francisco, Cousin to Joaquin & Sebastián
      • Hubby 2.0 (@ ) [ALIVE] {51} - Husband of Daughter of Francisco
      • Cousin 3.0 (@ ) [ALIVE] {26} - Son of Daughter of Francisco
    • Cousin 2.0 Ombre (@ ) [ALIVE] {56} - Son of Francisco, Cousin to Joaquin & Sebastián
      • Wifey 2.0 (@ ) [ALIVE] {50} - Wife of Son of Francisco
      • Cousin 3.0 (@ ) [ALIVE] {28} - Daughter of Son of Francisco
    [​IMG]
    Ithanian Line

• Patricia Fillia (@ ) [ALIVE] {48} - Aunt to Olivia on her mother's side, she is a shrewd and petty woman; bitter from the jealousy she bares for her younger sister and the years of yearning for her own daughter's youth.
      • Enzo Fillia (@ ) [ALIVE] {44} - Husband to Patricia, and Reverend of the local church, he is a simple man who does not see, or ignores, his wife's cruel and misguided ways.
      • Lycette Fillia-Ombre (@Erzly ) [ALIVE] {20} - A Crystal Maiden of Basta.
    • Eliza Fleurété (@HoshiChomp12 ) [ALIVE] {28} - Youngest sister to Patricia Fillia & Angelica Ombre, Aunt to Olivia and Lycette.

• Winner Winner x 4
    #2 Posidem, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. Posidem

Household of House Ombre

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #3 Posidem, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. Posidem

Other Houses & House Ombre

House Kade
    Neutral
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    House Typhonus
    Disliked
    ×☆☆☆☆
    House Harhold
    Neutral
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    House Wodenstaff
    Neutral
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    House Howlester
    Hated
    ××××☆​

House Ravenstad
    Disliked
    ××☆☆☆
    House d'Ortonnaise
    Disliked
    ××☆☆☆​

House Black
    Neutral
    ★☆☆☆☆​

House Sorenvik
    Neutral
    ☆☆☆☆☆​

House von Duerr
    Neutral
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    House Ulfurtonn
    Liked
    ★★☆☆☆​

House Drache
    Neutral
    ☆☆☆☆☆​

House d'Vaud
    Liked
    ★★★☆☆​

House Heinrich
    Neutral
    ☆☆☆☆☆

• Winner Winner x 2
    #4 Posidem, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  5. Posidem

CURRENTLY SEARCHING FOR
    • Reverends (family)
    • Clerics (family)
    • Guards (staff)
    • Yanar (staff)
    • Naval/Marine oriented characters (staff/family)
    M A G E S
    • Alchemist (staff)
    • School of Horticulture oriented characters (staff/family)
    • Generals/Regalian Military (family/staff)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #5 Posidem, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  6. Lightning_War

Lightning_War Aktael Toraanrin/Vivienne Savatier

~Application~
    IGN: Lightning_War
    Time Zone: Eastern Time (United States)
    IRL Age: 20
    Discord: No
    Reason for Joining: I'm really interested in noble role-play and I figured that this family looked super interesting. I'd like to get into the noble scene and really start some serious RP-ing!​

#6 Lightning_War, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. Lightning_War

@Posidem

Sorry, I forgot to tag you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Posidem

accepted

I will start a conversation with you on the forums to figure out where you'll be in the family!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Erzly

Erzly artsonist

IGN: Erzly
    Timezone: GMT
    IRL age: 16
    Discord (y/n): Yes
    Skype (y/n): Yes
    Reason for joining: I've been looking for an opportunity to get back into noble rp, after having two former noble characters in the past. I'd love to join in hosting events and have a few ideas for a new character that'd really fit in here.

10. Erzly

Erzly artsonist

• Like Like x 1
  11. Posidem

accepted

I will start a conversation with you on the forums to figure out where you'll be in the family!

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  12. Posidem

update 10/06/17
    • updated the staff section
    • updated the family section
      • welcome to the family @Erzly !
    • updated titles

• Like Like x 1
  13. maddydaddyy

maddydaddyy deadinside™

IGN: CreamyPapaJohn
    Timezone: Pacific time
    IRL age: 15
    Discord (y/n): Yes
    Skype (y/n): Yes
    Reason for joining: I've been interested in getting into noble RP for a while now thinking it would be good for me to step out of my small group and try something new. So here I am hoping I get accepted.

Also nice work on the writing. <3

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. maddydaddyy

maddydaddyy deadinside™

15. Posidem

on trial, we'll come up with a role for you in the family and see how you do. after the short trial period [of you roleplaying witht he family] a decision will be made.

16. Nidakk

Nidakk Phsycotic Horse Rider

Ign: Nidakk
    Timezone: Central
    Irl age: 19
    Discord: Yes
    Reason for joining: My character is a sailor and that you have a boat is perfect. Also I like your motto and everything about it really

P.S: your writing was spot on

17. Posidem

rejected, unfortunately due to inactivity and lack of communication i have to reject this application. feel free to reapply when/if you feel ready.

18. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Quick question because I’m a mess today.
    Do you have a separate application for staff or is that done ic?

19. Posidem

staff application is the same as the one here! you may also be recruited ICly as well.

20. Posidem

on trial, we'll come up with a role for you in the family and see how you do. after the short trial period [of you roleplaying with the family] a decision will be made.

21. Lightning_War

I understand, thank you for the offer. Unfortunately, due to IRL problems and a very busy schedule, I probably won't be very active for a while. I will definitely reapply when I am able to be online more often!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Posidem

update 10/27/17
    • updated the staff section
      • now a staff section !
    • updated the family section
      • added in more members !!!!!
      • added in approximate ages !
      • added in two new family tree pics

23. Percuriam

Percuriam The Storyteller

Application
    IGN:
    Percuriam
    Time Zone: Central American Time
    IRL Age: 18
    Discord: Yep
    Reason for Joining: Haven't been on the noble scene for awhile and id like to get back into it. Already know a bit about the family and I'm interested in being a member. I'm also pretty active and would like to have a good outlet for that activity.
    @Posidem

#23 Percuriam, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  24. nath_n

nath_n Mamba Mentality

Application
    IGN:
    Chokara
    Time Zone: Pacific Time zone
    Discord: Yes (@Choco#3723)
    Reason For Joining: Never picked up a noble character before. This seems like where I would like to fit into the scene on. I have role played with you before (again sorry Olivia) but I enjoyed it. I like the story and enjoy the current players of the family. I like the way you conducted your family and it's very well thrown out for just starting. This is what I've been looking for when applying for a noble character.

#24 nath_n, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  25. nath_n

nath_n Mamba Mentality

26. Posidem

accepted

on trial, we'll come up with a role for you in the family and see how you do as while I did enjoy our short encounter it was... our only interaction. after the short trial period [of you roleplaying with the family] a decision will be made.

27. Posidem

update 11/02/17
    • updated titles
      • baroness now bOIS
    • updated property & land
      • claimed land shown
      • moved Oakclyff from Montania to Pays Sud
      • still dressolini folks

#27 Posidem, Nov 2, 2017
  28. Ferrochrome

Ferrochrome Scarfeltal IG

IGN: Ferrochrome
    Timezone: PST
    IRL age: 18
    Discord (y/n): yes; Ferrochrome#3581
    Skype (y/n): yes; ferrochrps@gmail.com
    Reason for joining: I've been active on this server for years (@reptilicus13 is old account) but never joined a noble family yet. I've been in a couple families before and I feel like I fit in well with the family RP environment; I've just never done a lot of noble RP. This family seems accessible and somewhere I could see myself RPing.

@Posidem

#28 Ferrochrome, Nov 2, 2017
  29. Erzly

Erzly artsonist

might need to double check that bad boy bc we're not that ;)

30. Ferrochrome

ty ty edited

@Posidem it's been edited
    for the record I also like Chi culture; my main character dated a Chi for a while

31. asasin jef

asasin jef Beggar

IGN: SuperAbsorbent
    Timezone: GMT
    IRL age: [Rather not post this on a public fourm]
    Discord (y/n): Yep.
    Skype (y/n): Sure do
    Reason for joining:
    I'd like the opportunity to interact with a different part of the community and enjoy a new - for me - roleplay scene. A noble character is a welcomed change and one that will hopefully revitalize my enjoyment for roleplay.

@Posidem is my papi

• Educated Educated x 1
  32. HoshiWomp

HoshiWomp animal doctor number 211

IGN: HoshiChomp12
    Timezone: Central Tiiimmme
    IRL age: Like 16 or something
    Discord (y/n): Yup
    Skype (y/n): Mhm~
    Reason for joining: Honestly, I'd love to join because of your fervent recruitment of others to your House. Your energy is rubbing off on me and making me want to make an Ombre. Also, with the Unionism revision and seeing as how you want a Cleric/Reverend in the fam, I'd love to fill that roll. (Although I'd ask you to forgive me because I don't understand Unionism to the fullest yet)
    @Posidem

33. Posidem

on trial, we'll come up with a role for you in the staff and see how you do. after the short trial period [of you roleplaying with the family] a decision will be made.

on trial, you may continue your guard work and we will see how that goes. after the short trial period [of you roleplaying with the family] a decision will be made.

accepted, be expecting a PM with more info!

34. Posidem

rejected, on basis of applying/intending to apply for another noble family.

35. Ferrochrome

@Posidem wait, you can only be part of one?

36. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

No, it only is a rule if the family specifies which they did not.

37. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

It kinda shows you aren't dedicated to becoming member of one specific family but simply want to roll with nobility.

• Agree Agree x 4
  38. Posidem

As @Channing_Tantrum said, by applying to another family literally the day of being put on trial shows a lack of dedication & loyalty to the original family; and those are two very important things to consider when choosing members.

39. Ferrochrome

Ah. Okay.

40. Posidem

update 11/19/17