Improvements To /seen

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by aprader1, Jun 10, 2017.

1. aprader1

aprader1 Insert amazing title here

So I have always wanted to know when my friends are going to be on the server so we can hang out. Many do not have an alternative way of communication so we have to just guess. Here is the suggestion.

Provide more information when using /seen. This could be time frames of when the person logged on first, how long they were online for, and when they logged out.

Currently /seen only states when they logged off and meeting someone when they have to leave is not ideal of course.

2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Could you elaborate on how this would be a benefit to your problem? How it looks currently is that you are making an extension to seeing when someone was last online which I am having difficulties understanding how your suggestion solves your issue. Thank you

3. Enkiduu

Enkiduu Looming

It would not only tell when they were last online, but how long they were online and at what time they logged on. The point is to show when and how long someone stayed on the server to get a gist of their schedule and make meeting up easier. I'm neutral to this suggestion, personally I feel it might make the command more cluttered up and confusing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I'm in disagreement that needs to be implemented, as it's a bit too niche of an issue.

If I may quote the OP:

I would suggest that your friends simply give you an idea of their schedule in game before they log off, so that everyone knows from then on. Or use the forums for some type of schedule keeping. Most of my plans early on in the server were made in game, and Skype didn't become necessary until I needed to communicate with people on a daily basis for committees and whatnot.

I just don't see a lot of people complaining about contacting the people they play with. Maybe it's an issue, maybe it's just a few people. I'd try the advice I gave and see it if can work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. aprader1

I get what you are saying however many people just simply don't know their schedule and using this you can see it. A plus is this is already displayed in the logs of the time a user logged on and logged off, it's simply a matter of making it public to all players.

6. MorgothTheDark

MorgothTheDark Melkor

As an aside, why does /seen let you see another player's balance?

That doesn't feel right to me.

7. aprader1

Personally I have never had an issue with it so I'm pretty neutral. Really only point is to provide information as well as discourage begging. That's really all I see

8. Enkiduu

Enkiduu Looming

It helps prevent scamming and fake auction bids.

9. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

Used to be only prems could see another players money balance. They changed that.

10. CptSilvyrall

CptSilvyrall Missing.

You don't need a command for this, you could simply use this website. https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/
    Though it does not tell you when they got on and off, it tells you how long they spent each day. All you have to do is search their playername in the searchbar, click on them, and poke around until you find what you want to know. But if you still really want to know their schedule just ask them via /mail In game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

That website is very rubbish. It doesnt update for over a week, and generally is wrong 90% of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. CptSilvyrall

CptSilvyrall Missing.

Well it's still more information than /seen. I mean you could download their skin if you wanted. Do you have a better one?

13. Thorjl

Thorjl High Jarl of NorthWatch

If your friends wanna tell you when they'll be on when you ask them then that's how you know.

You want to let an algorithm stalk them so you can be on when they're on wether they want you in their face or not.

I feel like there's a deep misunderstanding of friendship somewhere in here.

Corporations track you.
    Friends ask to chill.

Lol

You kids and your social media.

14. Madus

Madus Robot

This sounds like a stalking mechanism. Do we really want a stalking mechanism? I don't think we want that.

Let me be clear that this is solely my opinion. I do not speak for The Team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. aprader1

@Forum close this thread due to little support.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1