Under Review Items 4 Mcmmo Skills

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by soapboxstage, Feb 18, 2017.

1. soapboxstage

soapboxstage a muppet of a man

What I keep hearing over and over again from people talking about massive's economy is how regals aren't worth anything. You can get easy access to anything and it won't cost you much. What a lot of people have been suggesting was an item sink. So, thinking about this, what would you get back from giving away your items if an item sink were to exist? Regals wouldn't work because it would just dump more money into the economy. So, I thought, why not have a trade off for mcmo (can never get the acronyme right)? So I came up with this idea: You go to an npc or use a command or something and you give in an item. Then, you will get a amount of mcmo xp based off the value of the item BUT in a random skill. That is so people cannot just spam one skill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GrunklePeter

GrunklePeter That furry skinner guy

Well, thats kind of a cool idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

@Traxex20 you need to sink some diorite to get 13k taming

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I actually like this idea. Not sure how it could be set up, since mcmmo is its own thing and all, but it sounds like an idea I could get behind. random stat boosts would be nice to have, and if it means cleaning out the item inflation, win win

5. Serpent__

Serpent__ Peasant Beggar

But it has to be like .5% of an mcmmo a block. Like people have dub warehouses full to the brim with cobble and wood. Like 1 cobble would equal .5 of an mcmmo. So you would need 2 cobble for 1 mcmmo point.

6. TheComputerGeek2

TheComputerGeek2 Some guy trying to make things work Staff Member Tech3

Well, it is an interesting idea, however I feel that satisfactory implementation of it may not be realistic given the nature of the economy here; value changes. That said, I would not object to being able to get some fishing xp without fishing (bite chance dead + treasures disables = boring fishing in my opinion)

7. soapboxstage

soapboxstage a muppet of a man

I was thinking it be more like 1% and below but I was thinking it would be randomized

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Omnomivore

Omnomivore ⛓ Nom Nom ⛓ Premium

This is a unique idea. I'm not sure if we can use quest NPCs for McMMO experience though.

9. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

You could probably get them to give out mcmmo credits, as those are a part of mcmmo already, it's just a matter of getting the npc to do it. The big thing is that there's no way (as far as I know) to require credits to be put into a certain skill, i.e. You can give someone 1000 credits, but they can put them into whatever they want, rather than getting 1000 credits specifically for axes.

It's late and I might be remembering incorrectly (tho I'm pretty sure I'm right); I'll fact check myself tomorrow.

10. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I vaguely recall the same sort of thing with credits. But on the one hand, it's not a complete dealbreaker to have credits to put wherever you want. Some may want to max out that alchemy skill, or unarmed, or repair, which would be a great idea (since it takes a long time to level those stats, except maybe not unarmed.)

11. aprader1

aprader1 Insert amazing title here

I like this idea but instead it should award mcmmo experience since by level would be unfair because of the fact that from level 1-2 is a lot less exp than 500-501. This would also make it less over powered.