Laveer Company

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by TheOverseer__, Nov 7, 2016.

1. TheOverseer__

TheOverseer__ Captain of Laveer

Company Founding: The company was born 299AC when Balam and a group of slaves mutinied a slaving vessel. The mutiny occurred in the waters off of the NE coast of Ithania between the coasts of Ithania and Nordksag, shortly after more Tigrans were captured by the slavers. After taking control of the vessel, the group of now former slaves, led by Balam made landfall in Nordskag. Many of the former slaves simply fled, just happy to be free, but some of them inspired by Balam's leadership, decided to follow him for his next moves.

The former slave vessell patrolled the southwest coast of Nordskag where hunter/gatherer parties were dispatched into the woods from the vessel gather basic resources, including food, and basic materials to create tools with. Once basic supplies for survival had been gathered and tools created, they made landfall near one of the northernmost peaks of Nordskag. After trekking up the mountain they located a coal deposit and harvested as much as the ship could carry. This process took the rag-tag group of former slaves with make-shift tools nearly six months to accomplish. The coal was sold to Regalia Pack island and re-invested into real tools and better provisions for the ship.

Laveer Rising: Balam and the freed slaves decided to continue the venture. At first, operations were restricted to Nordskag. They continued the model of selling to Pack Island because while the margins were lower, it was also guaranteed income without having to deal as much with the social concerns and racism wrapped up in a little known, non-Ailor business attempting to find comissions for Errand trading. As they were able to afford them, they would hire more employees with an emphases surrounding diversity and valuable on even oppressed races. Over the next five years Laveer would develop a circular trade route around Western landmasses. The items were slowly introduced one at a time as Balam had money to invest in the operations. The items would expand to include:
    • Coal - Nordskag
    • Malachite - Ithania
    • Glass - Ithania - Excavating sand and smelting into glass
    • Iron - Ithania, Nordskag.
    • Lumber - Ithania, Daendroc
    • Wormfern and Lady’s Shine Herb - In Ithania, Balam is known to pay local children a little coin to collect these common herbs
    • Diamonds - Whenever prices on Pack Island were to low for Iron, or high for Diamonds, Balam would trade Iron to local Orc tribes in Daendroc for Diamonds.
    • Hempaben's Herb - In Daendroc, Balam is known to pay local children a little coin to collect this common herb
    • Sugar Cane - If any of the above goods were tradable to local farmers and it would generate more profit to sell sugar cane, Balam would trade goods for sugar cane.
    • These were the common items, but if he would trade in an opportunistic way. If there was something that fetched the right price, he would find somewhere on his route to get it.
    [​IMG]

Current: When the bone men invaded, obviously Laveer's largely extra-Regalian business operations were mostly obliterated. Balam has had to adapt his business model to stay afloat while areas outside of Regalia are unreachable. Laveer has continued to stay afloat by contracting its guards as mercenaries for various causes, various shady distribution and supply schemes, and a few transport/storage deals around the Archipelago.

The business is mostly in cost savings/hibernation mode, keeping ahold of as much capitol as possible to re-launch its known trade route when the path is clear to do so.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 TheOverseer__, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. TheOverseer__

Recruiting: Laveer is currently hiring.
    • Due to access requirements of Roleplay builds that are in faction land, we require you to become a member of faction Laveer to be hired onto the company. If this is a problem, please do not apply. If you need more information on this requirement, please PM me or message me in game.
    • You are not required to have an approved sheet to be an employee of Laveer, but it is highly encouraged. Non-approved characters will recieve more scrutiny in the hiring process.
    • Requirements:
      • Lore complaint character.
      • Good OOC attitude (as we will be sharing a faction and discord chat).
      • Willingness to participate in faction company activities.
      • Any decent IC justification that could possibly convince Balam to hire you.
      • Upon acceptance of the Forum application, Balam will perform an IC interview as soon as possible. Acceptance is not guaranteed during the interview.
    • If you would like to apply to be in Laveer please post:
    IGN:
    Character Name:
    Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain):

Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours:
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet):
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included):
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged):
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required):

Current Membership and Roles:

@TheOverseer__ - Balam - Leader and Ship Captain

Employees with Approved Sheets:
    @PixelBuck - Appius - Guard Captain
    @EmpressEvie - Yera - Guard
    @JennaLikesCoffee - Helena - Guard
    @Pilot_Ominous - Abel - Smith
    @CyberMo01 - Ayda - Deck hand
    @Peter_The_Hermit - Poli - Deck Hand
    @EmpressEvie - Dahlia - Charity Directory

Employees without Approved Sheets:
    @ThanksgivingMeep - Favian - Guard

Other Important Characters in the Storyline:
    @SpunSugar - Sigurna - Government Liason - While not an official employee, they maintain close ties due their close past.
    @LilXv - Morde - Cultist - After having fallen victim to the Sanguine curse, Morde has become involved with Laveer's enemies in the Ug'Sylriee Coven.
    @seoulmate - Blume - Cultist - Though she still holds close ties to those within Laveer, Blume has recently sided with those in the Ug'Sylriee Coven for romance.
    @Inferno_Breaker - Mylo - Monk - A member of the Nenyarina and an asset to Laveer in their operations within Regalia's sewers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #2 TheOverseer__, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  3. TheOverseer__

Currently Hiring for Positions:

• We especially needs Miners maybe somebody who can server as a leader over mining operations when global trade is back
    • More Guard combat types are always needed
    • At least 1 or 2 more Decks Hands would be great. This is a great low paying job for any low skilled characters in squalor.
    • An ambassador, maybe somebody with familiarity of a lot of languages along the proposed trade route ^ would be nice.
    • If none of these fit you, but you want to join Laveer, just make your case. If it makes for good RP, then I am sure we will accept it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #3 TheOverseer__, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  4. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

IGN: CyberMo01
    Character Name: Ayda Keageiros
    Position Desired: Deck Hand
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: roughly 5-6 hours a week
    Character Sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/aderthrin-keageiros.43782/
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included): During the week, around 10-11 EST. During the weekend, it can be anywhere from 1-11 EST
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged): No
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required): Yep

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheOverseer__

Good looking. I understand @PixelBuck has interviewed, so accepted and added as a Deck Hand.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. HoshiWomp

HoshiWomp animal doctor number 211

Yo~ Would the Laveer company be able to IC sell Hempaben's Herb, Lady's Shine, and Wormfern? I'd like to have an actual means of getting most of my supplies then just saying I bought them from "some merchants".

7. TheOverseer__

Absolutely! Stocks are running low due to the blockade, but once the blockade is over we will be able to regularly supply anything that could conceivably be harvested in that western region. PM me or msg me in game to set up :)

8. SgtFrankoBolo

SgtFrankoBolo Setting beards on fire since 1932

IGN: SsgtFrankoBolo
    Character Name: Xavier Castro
    Position Desired: Ambassador
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: 2-3 hours over the weekend, sometimes more. If its a holiday week, I will be on more, but during the regular week Monday through Friday I won't be online that much.
    Character Sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/xavier-aurelius-character-application.46209/#post-554096
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included): During the weekend, anywhere between 10:00 am to 6:00 or 7:00 pm Pacific Standard Time. Weekdays, I almost won't be online at all except for holiday weeks due to school.
    Do You Have/Are You Willing to Get Discord (not required, but encouraged)?: I used to have it but I don't use it anymore due to network errors, but thats just me being lazy. I can fix it and get discord back.
    Are You Willing to Join Faction Laveer (required)?: Yes, definitely.

Btw @PixelBuck did my interview.

9. Cyliah

Cyliah Cute Sunflower by Day, Sassy Bitch by Night.

IGN: Cyliah_
    Character Name: Aurelius Bigge
    Position Desired: Embassador
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: Usually, atleast 1hr a day
    Character Sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/aurelius-bigge.48128/
    Most Common Play Times: CET
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord: Not sure
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer: Yup

10. TheOverseer__

Balam receives a thorough briefing from Appius on the content of the interview. Balam decides that because of the particular skills required for the Ambassador position, a second interview with the boss-man himself will be required. He promptly pens a letter and sends a runner to make sure Xavier gets it. The letter states:

"Greetings Xaviar,

Thank you for your interest in Laveer. I am excited to say that I would like to interview you further to ensure that your skills are accurately matched to the correct position within Laveer.

Please, at your earliest convenience, come to our office on Birke Lane where we may discuss this further.

Respectfully,
    Balam of Laveer"​
    (OOC Note: just fav me and we can meet later on when we are both online)

"Greetings Aurelius,

Thank you for your interest in Laveer. I am excited to say that I would like to interview you further to ensure that your skills are accurately matched to the correct position within Laveer.

Please, at your earliest convenience, come to our office on Birke Lane where we may discuss this further.

Respectfully,
    Balam of Laveer"​
    (OOC Note: just fav me and we can meet later on when we are both online. Yep you two were just form lettered. Ambassador is a very particular position, so I want to make another round of inspection to make sure Guards or Deck Hands are not a better match, first.)

11. StarkFromAway

StarkFromAway bigge mistake

To the Laveer Company,

On inspection of my brother's belongings, I have found a letter. It appears you have business with my brother, business I am not happy to accept. Aurelius Bigge is no man to join silly trading crews. It is upon this opinion I shall state that my dearest relative shall not be committing to ANY form of employment. I am very disappointed in his lack of communication with myself regarding this embarrassment, I will be speaking with him. For now, I bid you well.

Spirits Bless,
    Nathaniel William Bigge
    Baron of Lowton

Count of Norswick
    Captain of the INS Vehment

12. SilentLeopard

SilentLeopard ❤️

IGN: b7e
    Character Name:
    Fatima Abd Al-Karim
    Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain):
    Deckhand
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: 10-20 hours
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet):
    n/a
    16:00 - 21:00 AEDT
    Yes.
    Yes.

Ps. @PixelBuck already interviewed Fatima.

13. StaryuRightByU

StaryuRightByU X gon' give it to ya!

This sounds fun! Do you actually have a ship to rp on?

14. TheOverseer__

Yep

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  15. StarkFromAway

StarkFromAway bigge mistake

((When you get no reply to your letter cri))

16. TheOverseer__

To the Powerful and honored Baron of Lowton, Mr. Bigge,

I apologize for any perceived dishonor or disrespect regarding this matter of employment. I can provide assurance that Laveer is an reputable operation capable of providing productive and gainful employment for all who would chose to come. I believe that should you and your brother decide to meet with me in person, you may reconsider allowing him to seek employment with us. Provided incredible stature and importance of yourself, I would even be willing to make reasonable travel arrangements to meet you at your convenience. Please provide due consideration to this request.
    Respectfully,
    Balam of Laveer​

(OOC Note: Sorry! When this initially saw this I was taken off guard and didn't know how to reply and then forgot to come back. 10/10 creativity)

Greetings Fatima,

I am excited to hear of your decision to join the ranks of Laveer. At your earliest convenience, I would like to cover the necessary paperwork and familiarize you with our facilities. Please see me at my office on Birke Lane as soon as possible.
    Respectfully,
    Balam of Laveer​

(OOC Note: Despite our time zone difference it seems that our play times match well. Send me a /msg IG tomorrow afternoon whenever you get on so we can get you added to stuff. It'll be around 11:00 PM for me and around 4:00 PM for you, but that is when we are usually active.)

17. Gochnipunchni

Gochnipunchni Pocket Princess

IGN: super_enderman
    Character Name:
    Bjorn Haraldsson
    Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain): Miner or guard, he is experienced in both
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: 15-24 hours
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/bjorn-haraldsson.49280/#post-595893
    4:00 to %:00 EST
    Yes.
    Yes.

Ps. @PixelBuck already interviewed Bjorn

18. YouDontKnowJack

YouDontKnowJack quarantining

IGN: WafflesKnowJack

Character Name: Daniel Rowe

Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain): Guard

Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: At least an hour a day during the school/work week, at least two hours on weekends. Currently on Winter Break, so Im much more active.

Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/daniel-rowe-character-sheet.47610/

Most Common Play Times (timezone included): EST, I can be on any time from three to around nine or ten, but I prefer to wait until after around 5:30.

Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged): I have discord, but I'm not sure how much I'll be in it, likely only on weekends.

Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required): Yes, as long as you claim my storage faction and as long as two other players (both good RPers) can also join.

19. Pantheizm

Pantheizm Ugly Bastard

IGN: NerdyFoot
    Character Name: Noctis Altman
    Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain): Deck Hand

Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: 30 hours or more
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/noctis-altman.49786/
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included): 12:00 pm - 2:00 am and my timezone is EST.
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged): Yes.
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required): Yes.

@PixelBuck has already interviewed him.

#19 Pantheizm, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  20. UnknownQatar

UnknownQatar

IGN:UnknownQatar
    Character Name:Patrick Drake
    Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain):Guard [I have a good pvp skills]

Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: Idk how many hours weekly but daily i play Massivecraft like 2-3 hours average
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet):I Dont have Character Sheet yet lol
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included):Depends which day TimeZone:GMT+3
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged):I Do have Discord but i dont use it only in Faction Servers
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required):Yes

21. PixelBuck

PixelBuck Super Saracen

As much as I am glad to have another guard applying, do note that this is more-so an RP faction than one that gets involved in any PVP. I only mention this because you had noted your PVP skill.

22. Mechrotic

Mechrotic A profound conman, businessman, and gentleman.

IGN: Mechrotic

Character Name: Johnathon Gael (A 26 year old male Ailor)

Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: I play an average of around 20-25 hours per week.

Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): I'm currently working on Johnathon's character sheet as I just made him about a week ago.

Most Common Play Times (timezone included): (Eastern Timezone) From around 6 in the evening anywhere from 10:30 at night to 3 in the morning.

Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged): I have Discord.

(I have already talked to PixelBucks IC about the position)

23. _Capitalx_

_Capitalx_ I Draw and Cry

IGN: _Capitalx_
    Character Name: Rowena Valen
    Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain): Decks Hands

Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: I am usually on 2-6 a day.
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): I am sorry, I do not have a character sheet because I did not have the time for it because I have ad many things going on in my life right now so a Character Sheet will be done when I have the chance.
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included): I usually from 4-7pm on weekdays. I am one from probably between 8am-5pm or later.
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged): I am willing to get discord
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required): Yes

24. _Capitalx_

_Capitalx_ I Draw and Cry

Also my timezone is Eastern America

25. Cataclystrophe

Cataclystrophe Your uncle

IGN: Cataclystrophe
    Character Name: Andre Badeaux
    Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain): Deck hand
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: 1-2 hours on weekdays, 4-6 on weekends
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): No sheet as of yet, I'm currently working on it
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included): Anywhere from 4-9 pm PST on weekdays, or 12-9 pm PST on weekends
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged): I do not have it, but I'd be willing to get it
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required): Yep

@PixelBuck has already interviewed Andre

26. Greys_n

Greys_n Regalian Pioneer

IGN: Smultronstalle
    Character Name: Favian Fal'Journ.
    Position Desired (if different than an existing position, explain): Guard.

Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: I'm hitting somewhere near 80 hours per week, currently.
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): NA.
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included): Mostly, it'd be 10 A.M. to 1 A.M.
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged): I have it.

@PixelBuck

27. maddydaddyy

maddydaddyy deadinside™

IGN: OGgoodness
    Character Name: Jannine Dalit

Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: 5-7 hours on weekdays 10-14 hours on weekends
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): NA (Working on one at the moment)
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included): Weekdays about 4:00 P.M to 11:00 P.M On Weekends about 8:00 A.M to 11:00 P.M GMT
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord (not required, but encouraged): Yes I do have discord.
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required): Yes I am.

28. HoshiWomp

HoshiWomp animal doctor number 211

IGN: HoshiChomp12
    Character Name: Mama Yahdga
    Position Desired: Ambassador, probably
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: Probably around 15 hours
    Character Sheet: *boop*
    Most Common Play Times: I'm not very consistent, but usually around 10:00am to 2:00pm is when I am available.
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord: I do!
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer (required): I mean, if it's required lol~

29. MarshmellowKasuu

MarshmellowKasuu Wait, Who is this?

IGN: MarshmellowKasuu
    Character Name : Melody Varien
    Position Desired : Deck Hand
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours : Approximately 4-8 hours each evening. {Occasionally available in the mornings.}
    Character Sheet : https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/melanie-melody-varien.54177/#post-665556
    Most Common Play Times : 7am - 12pm :: 10pm - 2am {PST - -08:00}
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord : I do have a discord I can use.
    Are you willing to join faction Laveer : Yes. {I mean.. I am applying after all.}

#29 MarshmellowKasuu, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  30. Cyliah

Is it still possible to join the Company?

31. PixelBuck

PixelBuck Super Saracen

Yes, it is still very possible, even if most of us are rather busy OOCly for the time. But, if you fill out the format above, I'd be glad to have Appius interview you.

32. Cyliah

IGN: Cyliah_
    Character Name: Celia Suavis
    Position Desired: I'm up for any position fit for my character, even a servant or a bartender.
    Approx Weekly Gameplay Hours: 3-4 Hrs
    Character Sheet (if applicable, link even if not approved yet): None yet
    Most Common Play Times (timezone included): CET, mostly after 04:00 PM
    Do you have/are you willing to get Discord: I am willing to get Discord.

Hopefully I'll be able to join this time as I really look up for this Company as a great improvement opportunity!
    Thanks for your time <3