Character Application: Sylgorn Silverleaf

Discussion in 'WIP Character Sheets' started by Dragonrage22, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Dragonrage22

Dragonrage22 Wandering Elf

Basic Information
    • Sylgorn Silverleaf is a 20 year old Talar Male.
    • He was born in the Ithanian countryside to Sebastian Silverleaf and Sylvia Bloodrose. He was the second child in the family the first being his older sister Maria Silverleaf.
      • Sebastian Silverleaf - Age 45 - Father - Deceased
      • Sylvia Bloodrose - Age 50 - Mother - Deceased
      • Maria Silverleaf - Age 25 - Sister - Last seen wandering Regalia
    • Currently residing alone in a townhouse in the Regalian Harbor Distract. He is quite happy with the living arrangements. Though he is keen on finding a spouse.
    • Sylgorn's ambitions have changed quite a bit as of recent. When he first came to Regalia, he dreamed of captaining a ship of his very own as well as his own plantation. Due to the sorrow of recent events in his life he no longer dreams of being a captain and does whatever he can to earn a wager.
    Visual Information
    Body Description

• Standing at 7' and 185lbs , Sylgorn is fairly tall, he is average in build for his height. Sylgorn's skin tone is a pinkish tan. His face is clean and smooth without a single blemish. His hands can be rough at times from working on the open sea tying lines and hauling cargo and other times they can be smooth and dirty from working in the fields for hours on end.
    • Smooth soft skin covers his body. Little to no body hair is of note.
    Head Description
    • Sylgorn has an almond shaped head with large, blue eyes and an average nose.
    • His eyes are a bright blue like the sea on a starry night. They're often darting around systematically, aware and even a little excited at times. He pays close attention to people in her surroundings, focusing predominantly on clothing, who they are with how they act, and how they treat other races and social classes. His smile has been said to draw nobles into conversations.
    • Sylgorn has wavy, and sometimes curly brown hair with light blonde highlights in the summer that falls down a few inches over his ears. Rarely is his hair seen ratty and filthy.
    • Sylgorn's face is devoid of any piercings, tattoos, or anything of the sort.
    Clothing and Accessories
    • Sylgorn typically wears attire depending on the situation. He tends to wear a green Privateer jacket that was given to him by a dear friend who has passed. Underneath the Jacket he can be seen wearing a loose fitting and comfortable shirt with dried sea salt on it from working on the water. His trousers are usually the sort a sailor or a horse rider would wear. His boots are often worn and a faded brown. He has also been seen in more regal attire.
    • Sylgorn rarely wears jewelry. He occasionally will where a family amulet made of Silver and Amethyst.
    Behavior Information
    Personality Traits

• Social: At times Sylgorn is known to be shy and seclusive but more than anything He strives to find someone to have a conversation with. Whether it be about politics or local happenings. Sylgorn enjoys having conversations and social interactions and loves to be confronted by new faces. As long as they have good intentions.
    • Polite: He prefers to address everyone by Sir or Madame even children. While he doesn't mind being addressed as a noble, he fully understands that he is not but has plans to change that soon.
    • Open: Sylgorn is a very open person, usually willing to exchange greetings, names, and even share food or drinks with people she's just met.
    • Empathetic: When it comes to seeing people in pain, seeing them distraught, or even seeing them remotely unhappy, will make him feel a similar way. He cares a lot about keeping those around him happy, often going sacrificing anything and everything just to make one person's day remotely enjoyable.
    • Hot Headed: Very rarely but sometimes Sylgorn can become quite quick tempered. Living with Orcs for years Sylgorn has grown accustom to severe violence. Though he is not a fan of it he has been known to go into states of blind rage when loved ones or friends are endangered in anyway.
    • Logical: He may not openly think it or notice but Sylgorn tends to try as hard as he can to think of logical ways for anything and everything to work.
    • Compulsive: When it comes to thing of organization and optimization Sylgorn strives to make everything as neat as possible or well organized as well as make things operate very efficiently with little effort. Upon seeing something being done inefficiently Sylgorn will jump at the chance to make the system run smoother with a better output and with user friendliness in mind.
    • Vindictive: Being trained by orcs most of his life and losing his family at a young age Sylgorn has grown a strong desire for revenge. Not saying he has any long term thoughts for revenge more so his thoughts lean towards pranking a friend for messing with him or more dramatic approaches towards someone who has hurt anyone close to him.
    • Farming: Whether is tending to livestock and their young or Planting seedlings and raising them Sylgorn loves spending time out with nature. He can also be seen singing to himself or even the plants while planting seedling. Being raised on a farm it's only natural.
    • Sailing: Since he was young in Ithania he would go down to the riverside and watch local merchants sail and he dreamed of becoming a captain of his own vessel.
    • Rain: No matter where or what he is doing whenever it rains Sylgorn likes to take a moment and relish the peacefulness and relaxing qualities of rainy days. Some days he'll just sit and listen to the rain while staying dry and other days he likes to take walks around Regalia in the rain.
    • Long walks: Sylgorn enjoys taking walks around Regalia usually on a daily basis. He enjoys the peaceful atmosphere as well as seeing changes that have been made throughout the city. He usually stops and makes a friendly greeting with anyone he passes as well.
    Dislikes
    • Harassment: With such a kind heart like his Sylgorn can't stand the sight of any person of any gender or race being treated unfairly. That being said Sylgorn isn't fond of many nobles or the guards in Regalia. He would never openly say anything against them but would rush to a victims aid and do whatever he could to help them get back on their feet.
    • Liars: Being hurt multiple times by liars Sylgorn has a hard time trusting others and when someone does gain his trust and than breaks it Sylgorn is known to go into a depressed state until someone can snap him to.
    • Competitions: Sylgorn doesn't like to get involved in competitions because he does not see a real prominent reason as to why everyone has to make a major deal out of who's the best horsemen or who servers the best water. To him everyone has their own skills and some are more skilled than others. One should not boost another's ego less they become corrupt and consumed with being the best at whatever it may be.
    • Loud People: Crowds and the tavern scene don't bother him usually until that one person comes in screaming and yelling at everything. His ears are very sensitive to noise and the loud unexpected yelling startles him and usually by the end of the night he has a headache. This being said he has a hard time with young children and very hyper and loud Q’urebo's.
    Abilities and Disabilities
    Strengths

• Being a Talar Sylgorn is pretty handy with a bow as well as having great speed and agility. So forth he has been used for scouting missions in the past.
    • He has a strong sense of moral justice and wishes to see no harm done to others unless absolutely necessary. Being protective over the ones he loves.
    • He has been told that he is clever and intelligent when needed. As well as outgoing and social butterfly.

Weaknesses

• With his strong sense of moral justice he is known to get very hot headed and goes into blind rages which can lead to him getting into severe trouble. He is also annoyed when people pronounce his name incorrectly. He has a hard time being teased in anyway because he has trouble differentiating if it was meant playfully or truthfully.
    • Can be shy and reserved at times.
    • Sylgorn's greatest weakness is probably his heart. He suffers from separation anxiety as well as minor depression.
    Combat Styles

His preferred choice of combat would be to use his fists in any combat but if necessary he'll switch to an axe and try to take his opponents head clean off. Being trained by Orcs has made his combat skills with axes slightly more proficient than say a Talar Ranger.​
    Weapons of Choice
    • Fists: A good strong hit never failed him
    • Battle Axe: When your fist won't cut it an Axe surely will.
    Relationships

Maxwell Ta'ren - New found friend @
    Biggums9001
    On return to Regalia from years at sea Sylgorn had trouble figuring out all that had changed while he was gone. Thankfully the kind gentleman Maxwell Ta'ren took Sylgorn under his arm and showed him around and informed the Talar of what had changed.​

Maria Silverleaf - My Dear Vampiric Sister {PC, currently nobody}
    Sylgorn's dear sister had been taking away from the family years ago by slavers. When she escaped she went to the old family homestead and found only dust and sand without a trace of anyone. Hearing a rumor that her brother had been seen in Regalia she made her way their. Upon finding him the two felt less lonely in the world though Maria did not look the same as she did when she was taken Sylgorn still loves her no matter how afflicted she might be.
    Life Story

Sylgorn lived with his family in central Ithania where they had a small farm house with some land. At the age of 5 Sylgorn was already taking great care of the livestock and crops. One day while everyone was out working the fields a group of slavers came and took his sister Maria away. The whole family tried as best as they could to save her but with Knives and swords pointed at her there was little the family could do. 3 Years pass the family still mourning their loss. The plantation prospered greatly in those 3 years. One late summers day while Sylgorn was trading the families harvests with local traders an Orcish war party raided the Silverleaf homestead killing Sebastian and Sylvia and leaving nothing more than a charred ruin. All Sylgorn had left was a family amulet and a glimpse of hope that his older sister could still be alive. That night Sylgorn caught a ride from Havenreach to Regalia. Sylgorn lived in Regalia alone with a pretty uneventful life He had been infected and became a vampire and had been cured all in the same month.

At the age of 13 Sylgorn had lived in Regalia for 5 years trying to make ends me sleeping wherever he could earning enough to just make it through each day. One early spring day Sylgorn had been recruited to live in the settlement of Consortium where he would be safe and have enough food and water to live in return all he had to do was protect the land and serve. Sylgorn would do suck that living in Ithania's desert in the settlement of Consortium which was under the reign of an Orcish warlord who treated his subjects respectfully but was blood thirsty for war. He had informed that all residents should train as much as possible to one day be part of the DeathGuard lead by the highest of officers the Death Fists. Sylgorn trained and trained and eventually joined the ranks of the DeathGuard fighting in wars and protecting his land only at the age of 15. He didn't enjoy the bloodshed like many of the orcs and some of the humans did but he was protecting what he had. Sylgorn later became the head of agricultural needs leading resource teams and keeping the farms healthy to feed the Army. 2 years later after a particularly long war with a rivaling nation DeathGuard had won and was invited to the Island settlement of Vyyrakk where they celebrated and where Sylgorn met Jarl Hack Se'Hakkett who would later become Captain Hack as well as one of Sylgorn's closest friends.

The following year Jarl Hack had invited friends from far and wide to join him as he sailed the open sea. Sylgorn jumped at the opportunity to get away from the heat and dryness of the desert as well as get away from orcs for awhile. While at sea Sylgorn and Hack became close friends close enough one would call them brothers. They landed and both decided it would be a nice change if they opened their own tavern and Inn. The Dirty Maiden was a huge success gaining coin day and night. Sylgorn loved seeing all the happy customers and patrons each day. Tragedy struck deep later that year. Hack had been chasing his brother for months and finally caught up in a volcanic area. While protecting the princess of a nearby kingdom from his brothers dark ways Hack threw himself and his brother in to a magma river below. Upon hearing of this new Sylgorn went into a deep depression and made plans to sail back to Regalia where he could find some peace.

On his way back in his depression Sylgorn had gotten lost at sea and found himself on a sandy island filled with orcs lead by a very brutish orc with very high mental capability. The Orc named Nagi had helped get Sylgorn get back on his feet and offered a nearby island with rich soil that was in his control to Sylgorn. All Nagi wanted in return was that the Island be his Agricultural outpost lead solely by Sylgorn. Later that year on Sylgorn's 18th birthday he met a female dwarf of the age of 20 who showed interest in him and forced him to do rather lewd things. Little did Sylgorn know that she was using him so she get her hands on the Agricultural Island he was given. When Sylgorn found out what she was doing she had been sent to trail my his axe were she was found guilty and beheaded. Nagi had informed Sylgorn that the Agricultural island outpost had been lost in terms of a war agreement.

Sylgorn decided it was high time to head to Regalia. Regaining his bearing he sailed for Regalia. Two months before his 20th birthday Sylgorn had returned to Regalia where he grew up alone to continue his adventure...​

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Dragonrage22, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. HeyoBiggums

HeyoBiggums Urlan Advocate Supremium

Bro... That was awesome...

3. Dragonrage22

Not really the constructive criticism I was looking for but thanks.

4. Absorbius

Absorbius & Arrogant

Sup man, gonna take a look and see if I can find a few things you can improve on.

Big things:
    • First and foremost, you're going to want to extend the personality to a few more points. I think the requirement is 8. A useful way to do this is to imagine a situation that would test their integrity. What would they do? If they are approached by a pair of vampires, would they run for backup? Or would they run screaming? Maybe they might pick up a rock and try to fight them. Using this, you can figure out some interesting things about them that you would've never thought of.
    • Likewise with your strengths and weaknesses, you'll want about 3 of each. These should be different types of attributes. What I mean by this is that not all your strengths should be physical, nor your weaknesses. I find that your personality will tie in rather closely with this part, with the strongest trait almost always being a strength or weakness. For example, the character might be a very calm person, in which case their strength is being able to keep a cool head easily.
    • Finally, the same things go for your likes and dislikes. I would suggest fleshing them out to perhaps include traits that they enjoy in others. Maybe they really like people who are scholarly and able to reason an argument? Or perhaps they enjoy someone who can drink and joke around? On the flip side, perhaps they find loud people very annoying, or dislike politics.
    • Other than that, you've got some very solid foundations for a character here. Good work.
    Little things:
    • For your life goal, I would say to keep a consistent "short term" and "long term" goal. This, I find, drives your character's reason for doing things. For example, let's say your long term goal is to own a successful business. Well, now you have the drive to ask nobles for funding, to throw parties to gain favour, all that fun stuff.
    • I don't know why, but I feel as though his weight should be bumped up just a tad. Although Elves tend to be lanky and tall, maybe make his weight 150 or so?
    • I don't really mind at this one, but I know it's always good to bump up the info on descriptions and the like.
    Overall, I reckon you're doing really well, just gotta flesh some things out more and you're golden.

5. Dragonrage22

I really appreciate your criticism and help. I'll get to work on bumping up my characters traits and other points noted. Thanks for the help.

6. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Definitely want to bump up the weight. I'm 6' 5" and weigh a little under 170 and I'm pretty skinny. That being said if your character's 7' I'd say go to at least 190 for the weight.

7. Dragonrage22

Really? That seems a bit heavy for an Elf.

8. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

I'm just basing that off of my proportions. If you feel that's too heavy you don't have to use that. Just offering some of my insight :)

9. Dragonrage22

I appreciate any help thanks.

10. HeyoBiggums

HeyoBiggums Urlan Advocate Supremium

Yeah, I know... I'm not the best at reading through reviews