Pvp Base World

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Miracle678, Jul 22, 2015.

?

Would this help PVP?

1. Yes

61.9%
  2. No

38.1%
  1. Miracle678

Miracle678 Your local holy knight

Alright so all pvpers know that alot of big PVP factions have bases that are too laggy to fight in (ex. Mag and Cressida, i get at LEAST 60 on most bases, but i get 7 at Cressida, most people can back me up on this, no flame cressida) and it is causing people to stop raiding and instead flame people to come raid them. My solution? A world made just for PVP factions to make a pvp base. Now you might ask: Well then that world will lag cause they will just build big bases there! Solution? There are multiple solutions for this problem, there could be a chunk limit, make chunks paid for, or even make it where you have to be approved to claim in the world. Either one of these would make sure that the factions are serious about PVP.

Now before i let this thread loose to be commented on, i would like to say, this is not a flame thread saying that base A is bad cause faction B gets bad frames there. Also, avoid the "get a better PC or wifi solution " because that is not a choice for some of us.This is just a brainstormed idea, and i would accept anyones opinion on it, thanks and happy commenting!

Tagging people i would like to hear from!
    @Sevak
    @Shaneski101
    @65jes89
    @thor5648
    @Blizzy
    @thunderspark13
    @Lazzulai
    And im outta names! Have fun!
    Remember to like kkthxbai!

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #1 Miracle678, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. krios41

krios41 Privjet

*cough* factiontax *cough*
    okay, you propably mean a large(r) one time payment. :P

I don't realy see how that would reduce FPS lag in any way actually, can you explain how you think it would help? cause i don't see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Wolfrain

Wolfrain Older than Mario...

just have less structures to render in the world. this could also be achieved by strategically selecting where you build your PVP base, and not trying to make it look really awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

Due to large amounts of tile entities and large underground spaces, many pvp bases cause major fps lag. For example, I generally get 120-140ish fps, however at the magnanimus castle I generally get around 30 or 40 fps. Having a small, possibly superflat world with a plot system could allow pvpers to make bases for the sole purpose of pvp, where both sides could get better frames.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tokuu

Tokuu Dvorin Onyxbeard, Belegostian Elder

Feel offended there's no one from Liath tagged ;-;
    But in all seriousness, this could actually work. Removing any redstone, flowing water / lava and any mobs spawning would greatly reduce the lag in the worlds, at least FPS wise which affects people at peak hours, so really I'm agreeing with @65jes89 and @Wolfrain

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. krios41

krios41 Privjet

*looks at his mere 30 FPS*
    so, 30 ain't enough for PVP? if you say so, i have no experience on that matter. (i find 10fps the absolute playable minimum oml)
    At least i can now follow the tought train, more or less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Miracle678

I couldn't think of anyone, i basically got nervous xD
    Yes he practically explained it there, thanks.

8. Miracle678

30 fps is the flat out MINIMUM most people can pvp on, you want at least 45-60

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. natcanino

natcanino Woefully Lost

Whilst I do agree that would be a good addition, along with a few other ideas (I can name none at this moment) to have an enjoyable PVP enviroment for all, and that free's up some room for those who wish to build their rp factions, or just build for the sake of it.

As for the topic of FPS in PVP bases. I normally get a flat out 400+ in the survival world. Is there something specific to cause this FPS lag?
    Even on my laptop (7 years old) I can get up to roughly 60-120fps

10. Miracle678

It is big pvp factions that have a lot of traps, running water, red stone configurations, all that add up to taking frames away.

11. natcanino

natcanino Woefully Lost

I've been to a lot of big bases. Such as the complaining about lag at mag. (Hey!, that rhymed.) and I, nor have any of my friends experienced any (major) lag there. FPS-wise.
    Only really lagged bases I've seen are those of Enigma, Tiberia and Cressida (no offense/flame meant, ofc.)

12. Miracle678

I will say mag is not as bad for me, I was just saying it would take away that excuse for not raiding a faction. It would also help people with not super PCs get into pvp and have a chance.

13. Blizzy

Blizzy FallenAngel

Love this idea, since usually when I go defending in Magnanimus I get 2-5 fps LagSpikes which usually gets me killed. With this PvP world implemented, I believe more PvP will come back since it allows people to PvP since the lag is now removed. Think of it as Regalia but for pvpers ^~^

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Miracle678

Best line yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Imboring56

Imboring56 Seasoned Runner

Please refrain from flaming. This is a warning to all posters on this thread. Otherwise punishment will be handed out. Rude, unconstructive comments that target users instead of their ideas will specifically be removed. @kevencolis @Miracle678 @krios41 etc.

Thread cleaned.

~ imboring56

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  16. Made_By

Made_By Holy King of the Steadfast

Is it really lag that is causing pvp to die? Or is it more to do with how there is such a division between rp factions and pvp factions now days that is impossible to have any wars with any factions other than your own rival faction?

17. LordSylveon

LordSylveon The Desciple of Cecidit

While your other points may be true, the lag certainly doesn't help.

Time to hear from a casual player. Personally, this would be great for me, since it'd send even more people away from the RP factions that don't like to PvP, thus making my Ally chat an even happier place!

Full support for this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. XvW

XvW Keeper of the Light

Posted a similar idea a while back:
    http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/faction-wars.17009/
    It would be benificial if the builds were built by staff to reduce the use of blocks that could potentially cause lag.
    Most of my opinions and arguments on this are in the linked thread and since I am on my phone I can't write them all down again.

19. Miracle678

Your thread is more of a battle arena where there are controlled points, mine is a pvp world where their are less laggy bases.

20. Miracle678

Should totes rate it a like <3

21. XvW

XvW Keeper of the Light

I think you misunderstood my thread a little bit, the only difference i see between our ideas is that in your idea the bases are built by factions whilst in mine they are pre-built by staff and can't be edited, but can be taken over.

Personally I don't believe it to be a good idea to create a new faction world that will be 100% for the pvpers as it will make the pvp-rp parts of the community become even more estranged. We should aim at something that benifits both parts.

All in All, I do believe that your idea will have a positive effect on hardcore pvp but I believe it will have a negative effect on the server as a whole.

#21 XvW, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  22. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

I like the idea of world with bases solely for PvP. Maybe disable blocks that cause large amounts of lag and make it so anyone who builds a trap there gets booted from the world since most traps cause lag & flame. It wouldn't be a superflat though, that would be boring xD

It wouldn't drive the PvP/RP communities apart any further because they can't get any more estranged at this point.

23. XvW

XvW Keeper of the Light

Yes mech, but who will be left to populate all the other worlds if all roleplayers are in regalia and all the pvpers are in this new pvp world? As it is now the population is spread very thin.

24. Miracle678

You say your trying to help both parties, but tell me, how does regalia benefit pvpers? "This would be a regalia for pvpers" now please, stop hating on idea just because it's a different idea, and advertise your thread somewhere else, thank you .

25. Miracle678

Preach

26. Miracle678

@XvW this is my thread , avoid talking about subjects other than the one at hand. Also your "read the subject again " rating is wrong and your just mad, now please stop trying to disprove this idea , I'm ok with criticism but you are instead coming here to say that "your idea is better"

27. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

If like to see a superflat plot world, with a pay to claim system like warzones, although probably cheaper than warzone chunks. From there, laggy blocks, such as chests, armor stands, etc could be disabled. This would allow even those with the crappiest computers to get decent frames. Additionally, with just a superflat world, there would still be a need to keep current bases, and still raid bases in current worlds, to prevent what xvw referred to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Miracle678

All these points are true .

29. XvW

XvW Keeper of the Light

I never said that regalia benefits pvpers, which is why I think that regalia is one of the reasons the server has been split into two communities.
    As for hating your idea, I never said I hated it, but I do not think it would help the server. This is why I don't like it, not because it is "different" from the idea I posted a year ago and that has already been shut down.

30. Miracle678

Well I'm simply asking for you to criticize and not try to kill it, cause just because your idea was shot down doesn't mean mine will be the same, and no I'm not saying that mine is definitely going to get implemented , the chances are like 8% chance; either way don't kill the idea

31. Mecharic

The people like me who don't want to hardcore anything. PvP and Roleplay are fun - but not when taken to the extremes that the current PvP & Roleplay communities take them. People like me also enjoy building, gathering, exploring empty landscapes, and chatting in ally chat.

This would make our lives much easier and more pleasant, and create more room for folks who aren't RPers or PvPers (aka, about 1/3rd the minecraft population).

• Agree Agree x 2
  32. XvW

XvW Keeper of the Light

Criticism: the practice of judging the merits and faults of something.

This is what I am doing, I am telling you why /I/ do not /think/ this will work, everything I have said is my opinion.

I referred to my old thread so that you could see a second alterative which would act in a similar way.

My rating was given because I do not believe you interpreted what I wrote correctly. I am not so petty that I would give it out of spite.

It is good that you post ideas to improve the server. And my crticism is once again only my opinions on the matter

33. Mecharic

That's not a problem for folks like us. We enjoy some (a lot of) elbow room. Besides this, PvPers are a hindrance to those of us who want to build and not be raided by people who take a game so seriously they actually get upset when they die. Likewise, we don't want to be part of a community that demands a giant application form. Regalia got the latter group out of our hair, this idea would get the former away from us as well.

#CasualGamerMasterRace

34. XvW

XvW Keeper of the Light

Wow you replied fast xD
    I deleted that post almost instantly cuz I kept feeling it didn't make any sense, the point I was trying to get through is that I think it would be a lot healthier for the server if we managed to merge the pvp and rp communities instead of just putting them in different corners and letting the casual players act as a buffer zone in worlds so big it's almost like singleplayer with a chat.

Sorry for my grammar and long sentences, typing on my phone.

35. Mecharic

You say that but then I go into my ally chat and hear either PvPers celebrating the killing of players or RPers complaining that they died. THe two groups have such different ideas of what's "fun" that they can't be together and get along. And there's nothing wrong with that.

36. XvW

XvW Keeper of the Light

Of course not, everyone enjoys the game differently. Unfortunately I do not think we can discuss this further without derailing this thread with our different opinions. However I understand what you mean and I have no doubt that you understand what I mean. So let's leave it at that and let someone else give their feedback on this thread. :P

37. Mightor

Mightor Warlord and Architect

(Mightor rises from the grave)

I've made this same suggestion before. No war decs needed on the world, more features etc etc, but idk. They must have discussed it but I don't know if they did/didn't like the idea.

38. Mecharic

Ok

• Like Like x 1
  39. Miracle678

I've heard this sort of idea being talked about, but all of them included like a KOTH spot , this doesn't have that .

40. Made_By

Made_By Holy King of the Steadfast

This just seems like it will split up the server more than it already has been. A couple years ago there would always be that fusion of roleplay and pvp, even to the point that you couldn't tell ther was a difference. Now, with regalia, continuous development on lore and (seemingly) lack of attention towards improving pvp/factions gameplay the community seems to be splitting, this would further divide the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1