Increase Max Tribute, Or Make It So You Don't Have To Accept It

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Zanip, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

So a few minutes ago, one of my friends was attacked in the wild by someone who was unknown. He was carrying about 1,000 Regals worth of items. So, of course, I declared war on his faction (Hoardorious), that has 2 people in it.

He forced-surrendered, paying the maximum tribute of 20 Regals (mind you, he did it within 15 seconds of me declaring war), so I couldn't go after him. He refused any other peace offers.

How is this far in any way?
    Thanks

Edit: FYI, he has 2518 Regals and is rich enough to afford good armour and a faction.

• Agree Agree x 9
    #1 Zanip, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

This is a good idea. There are many people who do this.
    [Just find him in the wilderness someday, and get revenge. c: That's what I would do.]

3. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

Yeah, but the rules say I have to set faction stance to "truce" :l

4. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

...Hrmmm. I could always do it for you, yo.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

*whispers* His name is owengwen

6. Lord_ArchAngel

Lord_ArchAngel Justice Bringer

One of the many reasons why pvp is completely trash nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

I think that as a factions size gets larger the per-person tribute should decrease (which would encourage larger factions) rather than increase. This is for the simple fact that once you get more than 40 people the tribute has increased from 180 (max tribute of first bracket) to 3,920 (max tribute of 5th bracket [40-49 people]). That is 21 times the amount for 9 people [note, the population has increased by 5.4 times), which is INSANE. A faction with 80 members (which isn't common but happens to be about the largest sustainable population due to the rate of inactivity v/s recruitment) must pay a whopping 8,000r to cover those people which is 44 times the max tribute of the first bracket. I think that it should go as follows:

Bracket 1(1-9): 60r per player (60 to 540) - | - (450 more than zero lul)
    Bracket 2(10-19): 50r per player (500 to 800) - | - (1.5 times larger than B1)
    Bracket 3(20-39): 40r per player (800 to 1,160) - | - (1.5 times larger than B2)
    Bracket 4(40-49): 30r per player (1,200 to 1,470) - | - (1.8 times larger than B3)
    Bracket 5(50-59): 25r per player (1,250 to 1,475 ) - | - (1.3 times larger than B4)
    Bracket 6(60+): 20r per player (1,200 and up - | - 80 players = 1,600) - | - (1.1 times larger than B5 for 80 players)

You may be saying "But Mechish, that causes the max tribute to drop after entering the next bracket!" to which I reply: being a larger faction should not result in a punishment from the server. The server recently initiated a shrinking of the min distance between factions because there isn't enough space to store all these tiny 1-20 player factions. With my bracket system the general cost of tribute for a larger faction goes up, but much less exponentially than with the current system. It ensures that small factions still need to pay more than 20r after getting involved in stupid warfare, while also ensuring that larger factions have more risk (but not an insane amount of risk). This will lead to larger factions, stronger communities (within and between factions) and more massive cities/settlements. You may actually see factions get over 100 players and sustain that level of population, with actual "cities" (by minecraft standards) being built. It would declutter the worlds of small, often inactive, minifactions that don't have any reason to increase their population and every reason not to.

Every single one of my factions that got over 50 members collapsed because I got tired of be attacked for the tribute. The largest faction I had held over 100 players and had a tribute (under the current system) of over 10,000 regals. Under my system the tribute for such a faction would be around 2,000 regals, which is both realistic (who the f*ck had 10k to burn?) and reasonable (who the f*ck is going to pay 10k?) without being crippling to PvPers (its still worth as much or more than a new faction).

Thats just my rant + idea here. Take it as you will.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
  8. Dworvin

Dworvin Dwarf Elder Dworvin of Ulldin

This is ok in my opinion, the price gets ubber expensive as your fac gets bigger.
    Also Thx for letting me know he is such a push over... Ima go pay him a visit then :3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OldManJ98

OldManJ98 I Like Boxes

You can also neutral him I believe

10. Madus

Madus Robot

Nope

11. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

I don't see a war declaration so did you really even declare war? If all you are is enemies you don't have to accept a surrender.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Laach

Laach I'm not wearing a scouter.

If we had something that could check the total amount of money a faction has, then I'd say payment based on faction worth would work. After all, that's what governments do with their people. Tax the rich people more than the poor people, that way no one loses more than they need to.

13. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

I believe if a faction pays max tribute you have no choice but to accept it, war dec or not.

14. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

Ah, then I stand corrected.