We Need To Do Something To Keep The Community

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by TwoTenPvP, Aug 9, 2014.

?

Do You Agree?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I Dont Know / I Dont Care

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. TwoTenPvP

TwoTenPvP Refugee

Hello!
    At this point i think many people have heard about the axe "glitching". And I succed to get something on a screenshot. Dat DMG.jpg
    As you can see. I did 10 Hp with one hit. I have strength pot, axe expert and didnt vanilla crit. And he have god armor and axe resistant. How can i do 10 hp? Same with unarmed. They can 2 hit you, with a fist when u buy a god axe for 300r that deals less damage. We need to nerf the traits if we want to keep our pvp community. Same with the enderpearl delay. That when u land you cant hit people for a few seconds. This should be removed aswell. Ive heard its a part of essentials and its easy to fix in the config. But pvp needs to be fixed.

Anyone agree?

• Agree Agree x 21
  2. Linus_44

Linus_44 King of Thelgen - Kung av Thelgen

Agree. I died in one hit becuse of unarmed, so not fun at all man :/

3. Madus

Madus Robot

The traits give 25% extra damage.
    A strength 2 pot give 260%.
    Too me you didn't really explain well enough what the problem is, so i can not judge.
    The thing about ender pearls and no attack. That is a part of essentials that you can not take or deal damage a few seconds after. Using an enderpearl is also teleport,

@2108U9 @Linus_44 How is it even possible to disagree witht his post?
    Yea people Keep disagreeing with me just because the topic is poorly explained and I don't PvP.

• Agree Agree x 4
    #3 Madus, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  4. Jemo_

Jemo_ Refugee

Let's say this in two words: Harmstrike armorpenstrike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TwoTenPvP

TwoTenPvP Refugee

I know. I said that in my post about the pearls. And It is annoying. It should be removed. I dont see any point of it. Or atleast reduce the time to 1 sec if possible

6. TwoTenPvP

TwoTenPvP Refugee

And u think most people think what im talking about. atleast people who pvp. They are doing insane dmg. I do know how much the a strength pot do. But that is not what this thread was about. It was about nerfing. 10hp is 5 hearts. Thats half your health in one hit.

7. ElfArcher9191

ElfArcher9191 Master Of Stealth

aaaaaaaaannnnddd that's why I don't pvp or get involved in factions...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

Uhhh. They're not going to remove vanilla items unless they really have to...
    And also. Some people in RP use the traits, it wouldn't be fair to them if it was nerfed for you guys. (I like my trait build for RP, thank you very much!)

EDIT: IT'S NOT MY FAULT I'M AN IDIOT AND THAT THE WORDING CONFUSED ME.
    EDIT:
    STOP ATTACKING ME YOU ANIMALS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #8 Suzzie, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  9. Tom3409

Tom3409

You need unarmed trait for rp? LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sarge_Peppers

Sarge_Peppers The Human Torch.

you use the name of the trait not the actual % of increase or decrease. I can tell you right now you don't rp like this.

I am Ragland expert of axe I am 25 percent stronger than you puny human.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

Some people can run, jump, ect higher than other. Traits shows this.

That's not what I'm talking about... e-e

12. AussieDog2012

AussieDog2012 Still kickin

He is not talking about removing enderpearls, just the delay in pvp they cause. Also I don't believe he is talking about nerfing/taking away traits that effect your rp, unless harmstike and axe resistant do? Even if it did affect your rp a tad bit, is that worth losing an entire community over?

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

Oh nono, thank you for clearing that up.
    But if you nerf some traits, I'm kinda sorta worried that will lead to the nerfing of a lot more traits.
    The way the post was worded confused me. Oops.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

I'll just note that I was killed by a guy with a sharp 3 axe in two hits while wearing god armor. We're still not sure how that worked out.

15. Odimbus

Odimbus The Custom Title

Well obviously this post isn't talking about running/jumping traits, your complaint isn't really relevant to this topic.

Those traits may not be what you are talking about, but they ARE what everyone else here are talking about.

EDIT: I missed some comments in the middle, it seems AussieDog already covered it for me.

-Prepares to insert an over-sized foot in mouth-

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

Yes but they do affect PVP, and nerfing some traits can lead to the nerfing of those.
    I'm becoming more and more of an idiot with every post...ohmygod.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Odimbus

Odimbus The Custom Title

I suppose in a general trait system that would be true, however I'm not sure how a 1 block jumping bonus would be nerfed. :p

18. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

They have their ways...

19. Loewe2011

Loewe2011 Dùnedain (Ranger of the North)

Edit:!WARNING!
    IF your a overpowered professional pvp-badass with eternal knowledge about PvP then don't read this! :DEdit end.

One hit with a sharpness V sword does, without armor, 13.25 damage:
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Enchanting

Strength 2 increase melee damage by "PLUS" 260% damage.
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Potions

A Diamondsword with sharpness V and strength II does 47,7 Damage.
    (13,25 x 3,6 or (13,25+(2,6 x 13,25))=47,7 Damage)
    Therefore 23,85 Hearts damage.

Complete diamondarmor reduces damage by 80% ,
    therefore:
    23,85 x 0,2 or (23,85-(23,85 x 0,8))=4,77 Hearts damage

Does the armor has added protection IV, the damage is then reduced by another 50%.
    Therefore
    4,77 x 0,5 = 2,385 Hearts damage.

Since there is not something like 2,385 hearts, there are sometimes 2 hearts and sometimes 2.5 hearts, however, mostly 2.5 hearts.

A critical hit increases the damage by 50%.
    Therefore
    2,385 x 1,5 or (2,385 + (2,385 x 0,5))= 3,5775 Hearts damage,
    Therefore 3,5 or 4 Hearts damage, however, mostly 3,5 Hearts damage.

Weakness reduces the damage by 50%,
    Therefore
    3,5775 x 0,5 = 1,78875 Hearts damage,
    Therefore 1,5 Hearts damage or 2 Hearts damage, however mostly 2 hearts.

You can replace the variables with the standard damage of an diamond axe.

With traits comes another important aspect to the MassiveCrafts pvp-style. You can add them to this calculation if you want, like swordexpert (adds another 25% damage to the sword) or swordInept ( reduces the sword damage by 25%).

Dont forget MCMMO with e.g. "bleeding" or "skullsplitter".

My word of the day: "Therefore"(bandit)
    Minecraft Vanilla PvP FTW!​

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
    #19 Loewe2011, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  20. TwoTenPvP

TwoTenPvP Refugee

Oh my god..... I do know this as i earlier said. Can you please read again. What I did say was that i wanted a change. I do know how much dmg things does...

21. Loewe2011

Loewe2011 Dùnedain (Ranger of the North)

Hey @2108U9
    Well, im sorry for disrupting your thread but since i read through all the comments i thought it would be a good idea to inform ppl what and how much exactly damage you can deal. It's just a piece of information, so ppl can understand your feelings about this topic better since your thread does have a lack of infos.

22. AccursedRadiance

AccursedRadiance White People at a Cookout: It needs more salt

Along with these few things, I wanted to maybe adress a certain trait build that some people with high unarmed and unarmed expert run. That build making it so that if you deal damage, it damages you, or if they damage you, it damages you on top of that.

The build I'm speaking of is a combo of armour and traits. They normally wear God armor with Thorns as an additional enchant. They then level to 1k unarmed, add the traits HarmRevenge, Unarmedexpert, Axe & Sword resist, and health boost along with their negs. It makes it so that you're basically hitting a cactus that instead of having Spines, has extremely sharp swords with diamond teeth. I was in full Protction III diamond armor and was one shot by someone with a trait build like this, so I believe that first of all the combo of thorns and harmrevenge should either be banned from pvp, or that one of the two need to be nerfed substantially.

This is just a personal opinion so no need to argue with me about it. I just wanted to share what I thought with all of you.

• Like Like x 1
  23. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

I'd love to see this thread turn out actually substantial suggestions.

"This needs to be fixed"

"This needs to be looked at"

Are not valid suggestions. We are not removing features, but we /can/ alter config files. If you are suggesting new percentages, actually make said suggestion and don't expect the staff to do the work for you. We cannot read minds and detect what percentages people want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. TwoTenPvP

TwoTenPvP Refugee

I made the thread to see for other oppinions before. I only made this to see if i was the only one or not to be annoyed,

25. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Regardless of where you made it or why, you are stating " We need to nerf the traits if we want to keep our pvp community". If you're going to haul language like that around, and imply a change is necessary, it means you want to change something. That means it's a suggestion or feature discussion, ergo I am moving the thread. You can rate me "read more" all you want, but if there was a "You placed this thread in the wrong forum section" you'd have it by now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Pioneer

All I know is that people getting two hit came around right after a server update I believe. So I don't think that nerfing any percentages or config files is going to fix the heart of the issue, but more so be a temporary fix, until the main problem is found and fixed. Therefore, if the other changes that were made to counteract the original problem aren't removed, then after everything is said and done, we will be doing less damage than before the bug arose.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Asmodeus35

Asmodeus35 The Butcher of Necimus

All I can say is, Unarmed is not bugged, I just have an OP trait build that only works with a substantial bit of guessing, As for axes, Hell if I know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. gridiron1024

gridiron1024 Necro Slayer

That is not an issue with traits. It is an issue with how you defend against a build. When all of us were running unarmed vulnerable and axe resistant, of course unarmed will seem OP. The other day we had someone build to completely counter an offensive unarmed build and they were to the point of taking very little damage. As long as you know how to counter build, its not that big of an issue.

29. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Pioneer

I like that you can counter build now. Counter building is an element other games have that was long since absent on MassiveCraft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. gridiron1024

gridiron1024 Necro Slayer

I feel that axes are not bugged either. People are still adjusting to the removal of the premium damage reduction. Along with that, many of the people who are not used to the damage from axes are those who like to turtle shell behind the 30% faction buff. When they finally wander out to raid, the damage output against them will be insane compared to cowering inside the land buff.

Honestly I feel the damage would be fully manageable if the pot lag wasn't to the point of health potions having a 2-3 second delay before actually working.

• Agree Agree x 2
  31. Sarge_Peppers

Sarge_Peppers The Human Torch.

Yes but you don't say I can run 20% faster than a normal person or I can run 40% faster than a normal person. You say "I am a nimble wood elf I can run faster than the normal person, or I am a speedy tigran I can outrun even the fastest of my prey.

• Agree Agree x 2
  32. TwoTenPvP

TwoTenPvP Refugee

Yes.. We do know that its the traits. Thats what im asking in this thread. If anyone else think it should be changed? or is it only me

33. Party_Penguin27

Party_Penguin27 exactly 43.5 various checkbooks

Psh the Pvp community dying. Thats not happening. You have lots of stuff centered around you, fac wars, and while some stuff may be glitchy and OP at least you HAVE a GROWING community. :P no offence meant as I started a slight war in the last thread i did an argument with. :P
    Oh god my grammer

34. Waminer

Waminer Master Defaulter

In vanilla pvp servers that I use to train for massive hits usually deal 1 heart give or take a hit with all the modifiers you listed. Massive pvp is known to be far slower in pace (mainly average time until you throw a health pot) so clearly something is going on here as a 25% buff will not even change damage given by even half a heart. Perhaps protection 4 gives a 50% nerd to damage 4 times over rather than just once. As well I believe sharpness has a chance of doing more or less damage than it usually does. (I could be completelywrong on anything here so do hurt me) :)

35. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

Massive's just another kind of pvp, although the lag and this glitch need to be fixed for it to be acutally enjoyable.

• Winner Winner x 2
  36. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

Honestly the biggest problem with PvP IMO is the freaking lag we get in Fendarfell. There's nothing more frustrating then hitting a huge lag spike that logs you out and then when you log back in you're already dead. I'm fine with having to adjust to an OP trait build because at least that's within my control but being completely helpless to random lag spikes just sucks.

37. Party_Penguin27

Party_Penguin27 exactly 43.5 various checkbooks

Lag is bad for everyone Regalia lag has gotten better but its still not good.

38. LekkuLord

LekkuLord SupremeCripple Staff Member Lore2

This. Sorry to just quote somebody else, Marty, but Alj took the words out of my mouth.

39. Asmodeus35

Asmodeus35 The Butcher of Necimus

Only you, Traits were ment to be MODIFIED and used, I have an OP unarmed build, get unarmed resistance, I can't damage you extremely anymore, Simple as that. If someone gets super powerful, Their is always a counter trait.

• Like Like x 1
  40. FCCarnilord

FCCarnilord Regalian Lesser Noble

Actually, there is such thing as technically "2.385" damage taken. The minecraft health goes into around 10 decimal digits in the code, that's how someone can hurt you for one "heart" and in the next hit 1.5 without even vanilla critting or having Mcmmo. The hearts are just a more simple version of the health, so rounding is a bit inaccurate, good job using the raw numbers and crunching them to show damage!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1