Pvp Is Rediculous.

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by JeanLucMontou, Jul 15, 2014.

?

Do you think pvp needs to be altered?

1. No, I like killing people for no reason and/or being killed for no reason.

72.7%
  2. Yes, it makes the game boring and/or frustrating.

27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanLucMontou

JeanLucMontou High Lord of the Order of Eclipse

The only problem i (and colleagues) have with the current pvp situation is that the greater pvp factions now have the will and ability to utterly mow us down without resistance (and not from lack of attempt :]) and they need absolutely NO reason to do so. But even though there was an rp reason require before, they could literally plant their finger on a figurative list and say that was the reason. For us who enjoy farming, building, enchanting, and generally doing minecraft stuff together as a faction or even an empire, it's frustrating that people come in with two people and molest us utterly and thoroughly and no reasoning is required but boredom. I'm sure anyone can relate to working hours to gather their equipment, if not days, fool around in their garden or field, and out of the very sky, over my 30 block high wall, falls a crisp, shiny enderpearl and there stands someone who devoted his life to lol raiding. But having to create a reason is not enough, because people will still just spout a reason from their rear and call it rp.
    My solution is this (and feel free to add in your own thoughts): what if when something is awry that would really cause the will to fight, it was treated like a small, quick, court case. Yes this would be a bit distracting to mods and staff but... What are they there for but to ensure the server runs smoothly and without outstanding hiccups? The attacker would be required to provide screenshots or other documentation of the aggravating incident, provide likewise documentation proof of a small or slight warning, and then their end is proven. I'm sure that in a real midieval world, bandits and marauders that attacked without warning would be held responsible for consequences just as this. I know this solution seems overly complicated for many who are the infamous 12 year olds that sit behind the computer and pretend they are gods, but I'll be honest. The game is NOT fun when there are prodigies running everywhere slaughtering whoever to no reason with no reprimand and it's why I left in the first place.
    It's not about sportsmanship for these people. It's about boredom. I think taking your boredom out for no reason on someone who's done nothing wrong to you is as bad of a behavior as any bannable behavior I've seen. It reduces morale for new players and DEFINATELY hurts it for frequent ones. I'm not asking for peaceful factions. I'm asking for there to be more realistic raiding and warfare. It's purely about emersion for me. I'm not against pvp as a whole, but I am strongly FOR realism and purposeful battles. Those are the funnest.

#1 JeanLucMontou, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. Madus

Madus Robot

If you surrender you have peace in 75 days.

3. Knyxo

Knyxo Big Guy

Well, part of building a faction I feel is preparing defenses for things like this. Traps or a wall or a fortress somewhere to hole up in. Assuming you don't want to do that or already have done that, consider making some allies with people that are able and willing to defend you from them; there's probably not too many lol raiders that are going around without having made any enemies. And there's always max tribute. Though paying money to the raiders might not feel good for pride, 75 days where they're forced to leave you alone is quite a long time if it's too much to handle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

While I agree that setting up defenses and/or paying money is a way to stop this, people need to remember that there are more than 1 PvP faction. So you pay off Raptum, then Mag shows up. Also, many factions targeted by the main PvP factions aren't wealthy enough to gather the tribute money.

That said, I did like the need for an RP reason, and don't see why it was removed - it's really not that hard to think of a reason.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. TheTerrawr

TheTerrawr King of the Silencio Empire

Every time I see one of these, everyone just seems to forget people find fighting, and hunting, and raiding, fun.

All the PVP factions do it, and it makes massive massive. Seriously, what's the RP part of cities, towns and villages that are safe from attack? Not how the medieval times worked.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. nray93

nray93 That one guy

The RP part is that those towns/villages have enough troops to pretty much steamroll all existing factions together, so any atempt to attack said town/village would result in a loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheTerrawr

Applying that logic, the attackers would also have enough troops as well, as they would have extra.

8. ioss

ioss الموت‎

Most combat related mcmmo skills cap their extra damage at level 750. After that only active's length extends and armor breaker with axes. Anyone can grind that level with new traits in few hours with somewhat decent darkroom. Some people are just too lazy to get those stats to fight back.
    I do understand your points if somebody raids you just for the lulz what will be annoying over time especially if you don't have high stats or much equipment. However that doesn't mean that whole PvP community is bad, most bigger PvP factions only raid big factions and leave small ones alone because that's where the fun is.

Isn't it a bit god RP if a random small-ish town faction would have better military force than full PvP faction (eg. mercenary group) consisting only well bred warriors? ^^

• Like Like x 2
  9. Celeras

Celeras

One pvp faction doesn't necessarily exist in an RP factions lore, not to mention regalia lore, unless they say it does. It doesn't matter what happened in medieval times.

10. TheTerrawr

Neither does anything you have just said matter, as its all light RP in the worlds.

EDIT: Apologies for sounding rude, that wasn't my intent. I was merely trying to put across my point in a similar manner to that of yourself.

#10 TheTerrawr, Jul 16, 2014
  11. Celeras

Celeras

Um, no factions define the strictness of their RP themselves. Frankly, its
    irrelevant anyway. I'm just explaining to you why one faction has no meaning to another if they aren't included in their lore.

12. Mecharic

So you're saying that a group of 4 people could attack a walled city with an assumed population of around 300-400 people and win? The only reason that logic even works is because of MCmmo. Also, not everyone finds fighting, hunting, and raiding to be fun. Be considerate of those who don't and leave them the f*ck alone. And I mean that in the best possible way lol

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  13. TheTerrawr

Applying that logic, the attackers would also have enough troops as well, as they would have extra.

Also, the website clearly states its an RP and PVP server. Please, be considerate of those who like to pvp and allow them the 2 hours a week.

14. TheTerrawr

We all live in the same world, so technically we are all involved in each others lore.

If i go attack a faction as the Demon Of Raptum, they cant really just say "No go away you dont exist in our Lore...."

Not how it works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mecharic

Fair 'nuff to point 1. On point 2, you PvPers would have a lot less complaints if you kept to yourselves a bit more.

16. Celeras

Celeras

That's not what I was talking about.

Before you insinuated that it was bad role play to not want to be attacked by PVPers because towns would get attacked all the time in medieval times. But RP factions and PVP factions effectively exist in different worlds, so that complarison would only be correct when referring to IC raiding events by other 'lore friendly' RP factions, not just any old faction that decides to attack OOC.

So yes you are correct, factions do exist in the same world in OOC terms, but IC they don't or don't have to.

#16 Celeras, Jul 16, 2014
  17. TheTerrawr

IC terms, im pretty sure we all exist in Aloria. Believe it or not, PVP factions do actually understand the basic concepts of small time roleplay. Regardless of that fact, people used to attack for expansion. Its perfect logical to assume such a thing.

18. TheTerrawr

Yes. Because evidently pvping with the same people over and over again is fun. To be honest, if you keep away from me and my empire in PVP i keep away from you.

19. Mecharic

Well, which is more fun, PvPing with people you know or standing outside of houses while people shout at you from inside them? #VictoryThroughBoredom!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheTerrawr

If someone upsets my empire or myself, then camping their house is so much more mentally rewarding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Mecharic

I'm sure it is. Forgive me if I don't understand... :)

22. Celeras

Celeras

So if I made a faction of space dragons with laser eyes, people dont have the right to ignore me because I'm not in regalia? I don't agree with that.

23. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Pioneer

I'd like you to do the following @JeanLucMontou:In a reply on this thread, and then editing it into your original post, present the issue in a Problem/Solution format. Identify the problem, explain it a bit, and then provide what you think would be a solution to the problem. Having player suggested solutions makes our job of coming to a solution easier. If you don't provide any solutions to the problems you bring up, it makes it hard to find out what you want.

Note that this is not a definitive answer that we are going to change something. This will just help you in the future if you want to propose solutions to other problems.

24. TheTerrawr

Cause thats evidently light rp....

25. Celeras

Celeras

RP is RP

26. TheTerrawr

Within reason, it has to have medieval themed, be logical and not stupid. Massivecrafts first rule of anything, use common sense.

27. JeanLucMontou

The only problem i (and colleagues) have with the current pvp situation is that the greater pvp factions now have the will and ability to utterly mow us down without resistance (and not from lack of attempt :]) and they need absolutely NO reason to do so. But even though there was an rp reason require before, they could literally plant their finger on a figurative list and say that was the reason. For us who enjoy farming, building, enchanting, and generally doing minecraft stuff together as a faction or even an empire, it's frustrating that people come in with two people and molest us utterly and thoroughly and no reasoning is required but boredom. I'm sure anyone can relate to working hours to gather their equipment, if not days, fool around in their garden or field, and out of the very sky, over my 30 block high wall, falls a crisp, shiny enderpearl and there stands someone who devoted his life to lol raiding. But having to create a reason is not enough, because people will still just spout a reason from their rear and call it rp.
    My solution is this (and feel free to add in your own thoughts): what if when something is awry that would really cause the will to fight, it was treated like a small, quick, court case. Yes this would be a bit distracting to mods and staff but... What are they there for but to ensure the server runs smoothly and without outstanding hiccups? The attacker would be required to provide screenshots or other documentation of the aggravating incident, provide likewise documentation proof of a small or slight warning, and then their end is proven. I'm sure that in a real midieval world, bandits and marauders that attacked without warning would be held responsible for consequences just as this. I know this solution seems overly complicated for many who are the infamous 12 year olds that sit behind the computer and pretend they are gods, but I'll be honest. The game is NOT fun when there are prodigies running everywhere slaughtering whoever to no reason with no reprimand and it's why I left in the first place.
    It's not about sportsmanship for these people. It's about boredom. I think taking your boredom out for no reason on someone who's done nothing wrong to you is as bad of a behavior as any bannable behavior I've seen. It reduces morale for new players and DEFINATELY hurts it for frequent ones. I'm not asking for peaceful factions. I'm asking for there to be more realistic raiding and warfare. It's purely about emersion for me. I'm not against pvp as a whole, but I am strongly FOR realism and purposeful battles. Those are the funnest.

28. JeanLucMontou

The problem: lol raiding/ raiding for absolutely no reason other than boredom. The greater pvp factions are well known to swing by and pay a visit to any and all factions purely because they have reached a point where there is nothing left to do. There is no way to defend against them other than traps that are impossible to place or making a huge wall, ceiling, and floor around your base. And even then, they can glitch through.

My solution: make raids similar to war. The attacking party has to provide photographic documentation of the aggravating event and the warning. There should have to be a real reason and not on that anyone can produce from their rear at the grumble of a belly. This seems to be the only completely effective way to handle a raid with cause. A quick court case operated by the staff on the forums. Cause proven, warning given, attack ensues after warning is ignored or refused. This would create a more political standing between factions or nations.
    I have heard staff claim before that the current system gives effective political grounds but it does not. There stands plenty of people who lol raid and blatantly attack from boredom.

29. Made_By

Made_By Holy King of the Steadfast

1st. The Big PvP factions only target other big factions, why? Because there is no enjoyment in watching you sit inside your house waiting for them to leave.
    2. There is a way to defend against them, get god armour, weapons and fight back. Not that hard to put up a fight? If they manage to glitch through something, record it and get them banned for it
    3. Most of this documentation stuff is what declarations are for.
    4. One person can only 'lol raid' for 2 hours a week. I have not been raided for at least 2 months now so I honestly do not see the issue.

30. JeanLucMontou

The issue is real. And I never said they should be forced to keep to themselves. I am saying there should be something in place similar and alike the war declaration, but not for a lot war. Maybe a Grudge Redemption for raids. There needs to be something real in place. And 2 hours doesn't seem long when you type it, but when you're having fun and enjoying yourself, it's a ridiculously long time when you have to halt everything and hide or log off while they do... Not much more than what caused them boredom in the first place. And you say "get god armor" like it grows out of the ground like a cabbage. GOD ARMOR AND WEAPONRY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHINGGG TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPENT MONTHS RAISING THEIR MCMMO.
    Declarations: there are only war declarations. There needs to be a smaller/simpler version for raids. This would eliminate trolling and lol raids that ruin the game for more people than it makes the game.

31. TheTerrawr

No stat lowers the damage delt. Just saying. Also, it really can if you put some practise in your skills.

No. There doesn't need be an application to raid.

32. JeanLucMontou

If you disagree, it is common courtesy to recommend something in the place you disagree with. Otherwise, your opinion is literally useless. lol.

33. Made_By

Made_By Holy King of the Steadfast

We are 'recommending' to keep things the way they are.

• Winner Winner x 1
  34. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Pioneer

168 hours in a week...
    Factions are allowed to raid another for two hours per week without an approved war declaration...
    Let's just say you play for three hours per day, for a total of 21 hours per week.
    If you happen to be raided, and you either hide inside or log off, you lose two hours of that 21 hours.
    You get 19 hours of uninterrupted play at minimum... and even more if you play more per day.

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  35. nray93

nray93 That one guy

Here is a something you have to understand.
    These small-ish town factions are outposts. But outposts of what? Outposts of Regalia.
    If you attack a outpost of regalia you are essentially attacking regalia.

Basicly the point im hinting at is that these "random small-ish town faction"´s are protected by Regalia.

36. ioss

ioss الموت‎

So RPly Regalia protects all towns in other continents? And that Regalian Senate what is usually too busy with their Noblish problems and actually protecting the interest of the Kingdom would go as far as mobilize entire army and fleet to counter a small raid what happened in a town what most of nobles didn't even know existed and which existence is probably irrelevant for the state of the kingdom. Especially when the raid was made by some irrelevant group of hooligans what probably don't even hold any real danger towards the Regalia itself. And most likely didn't even cause any real harm than few deaths in assumed population of 400.

+ implicating that lore staff would give a damn about factions.

yup. sounds legit. all aboard the regaliagodtrain.

37. Mecharic

Unless Regalia is going to send an army out to each faction, this is a completely useless post. I don't mean to be rude about it, but Regalia can't really do much to help these outposts even within roleplay (many of them are on landmasses far from ocean, fleets are useless there), let alone in-game. I know the intent is good, but actions speak louder.

38. nray93

nray93 That one guy

Why would they? I mentioned their power to make it clear that pretty much no faction (roleplay wise) would be idiotic enough to try and wage war with regalia. Therefore roleplay wise there is a backing for the fact that no one can enemy any of the outposts citys.

I am not saying they would send troops, but they could.
    Here is another atempt to explain what I try to say :
    If you have 10 people in your Faction A and Faction B has 1000 people. Would you attack Faction C which is a subfaction of Faction B? I mean you know they have probably better things to do but there is allways the risk that they decide that your attack calls for retribution. And 10 vs 1000 doesn´t seem very winable to be honest.

39. Mecharic

Thing is, if Faction B is an RP faction and Faction A is a PvP faction, Faction A will attack Faction C and will kick Faction B's ass. Regalia has a mighty army - in roleplay. In reality, Regalia doesn't even have a population large enough to realistically support an army. This thread seems to be about how PvP factions aren't bound by roleplay anymore, so why should they be bound to acknowledge Regalia? Regalia has no armies that can force them to stop (not in-game). They have no reason to care about Regalia because Regalia doesn't have the in-game power to stop them. That is my statement.

40. nray93

nray93 That one guy

Ahh I think I know where the missunderstanding lies. When I meant citys/towns I meant the ones that are made by staff and auto truced to every faction. Those are direct outposts of regalia and therefore should be regarded as protected by them (therefore giving a RP reason why said outposts cannot be attacked). This does NOT include playermade factions/towns.

I asumed this as given but it seems you asumed that I meant also those playermade factions/citys with members (at least that is what im guessing).

Am I right or was it something else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.