Regalia Goes To War!

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenie

Greenie As Useless As SupremeCripple's Legs

So, my guess is now that this has started, Elves will probably never be let into Nobility, even through trade?

2. 1002713Alex

1002713Alex Beggar

3. budholly1936

budholly1936 One does not simply, give up hope.

4. Lithiel

Lithiel Tragic Flower Forager

will this seige effect the Lothar or the Unqualë?
    this storyline always facinated me so I'd like to respond properly to the happenings. @MonMarty

5. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

IC:
    Derric, overhearing two nobles saying that, smiles and says: They may need some... Backup heheheh.

6. Metamorp

Metamorp Irka Roos: wild wig-wearing wretch

Lady Sylvia Pileran was most surprised by the announcement during her visitation to the Chancellery, however, she took such with the best sense of pride. Despite her first notion to cease any support within this war, it was chosen perhaps to increase the shipment of Pileran forged cannons to better aide the forces.

Since then, a massive banner is displayed outside of the Pileran estate. It reads: "Support Regalia! Abide by Justice! Buy Pileran forged cannons!", rather a tasteless display at that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. The Golem

The Golem chiken nugge

Will the battles be actual pvp or roleplay?

8. Sav de Bunnies

Sav de Bunnies The One Who Watches the Watchers

How will this situation affect all the other races including vampires and the undead?
    Or are they going to disregarded?

IC:
    A war between Regalia and the elves? -sigh- Peace out! I'm going to just go hide in a cave til this is over.

9. Tahmas

Tahmas English Insomniac

No one likes Vampires and Undead, and the Guards will continue to execute them as normal.

10. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

Time to sign-up Kanter!~

11. Grailen

Grailen Champion of the common man

"Peace out" Yes how very very cannon.

12. LekkuLord

LekkuLord SupremeCripple Staff Member Lore2

For the first time in a long time, Tristan felt adrenaline pumping through him when the Prince had announced the war against the Elves. His mind immediately jumped to Malikar (@jla129 ) and the promise he had made the old Orc should he and his kin ever go to war. It seems the time had finally came for Tristan to keep his word and lend his support.

Luckily the man hadn't lost everything when he had committed treason, somehow the state saw it fit to /not/ cut his head off. For now. He would do his best to redeem himself in their eyes and he would do it by slaughtering hundreds, maybe thousands in the name of Regalia. Tristan set to work at once, calling his forces to arms. It was not long before the men of his county were prepared, but now he set his eyes on the Count under his Duchy. Sitting down, Tristan sent off a letter to his neighboring county.
    @XxAusFuryxX

The Time has come for Regalia to go to war. I require your men and their loyalty in the upcoming battles. Have your forces join with mine in Divano. All of your forces, mind you. You will be kept in Divano, who I am giving the barony to my brother, Basium Lamperouge. @Doc_Cantank I will be leading the Vanguard, most of my men in it are from my old Legionnaire days when I ran a mercenary group. They are brave, veterans of war, and fierce on the battlefield, your forces will add nicely to mine, I hope. If you have issues with this order, save it until I speak with you in person.

His fingers strained slightly, but he pushed on in completing his next letter to an old friend. The candle burned brightly next to him as he worked in the dead of night, his face showed determination to finish quickly so he may go to bed.

@BillyA835

William, we spoke earlier about fighting side by side in the upcoming war. I urge you to bring your forces to Divano to combine with mine, together we can vanquish our foes and bring glory to our Empire. Should you decide to come, we will speak of strategy more in-depth. This is different from the days of being a Regalian Guard, this is real battle and I can think of nobody else that I would want by my side. We will have redemption.

Tristan immediately blew out the candle after the final word and stumbled through the darkness towards his much needed bed. His mind jumped to another friend as he pulled the covers over himself, this time Erik Lovegood. @jla129 (again lol) It had been some time since he saw his Junker, but he would require him in the battles to come. An old Orc as well, should he be able to find him. He would leave for Divano tomorrow night, so that gave him all day to search for his two brothers. He tossed and turned for a while before finally succumbing to sleep, though his dreams were filled with the sound of steel upon steel and the cries of the dying.

13. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

William Coen would smile as he reads the letter from his friend, he picks up his quill, and begins to write on a piece of parchment close by...

Tristan Lamperouge, @SupremeCripple
    My brother, You will always have my support, I shall take as many of my troops as I can spare and travel as soon as possible to your lands. I will be leaving my brother, Tyrion @ELtongo in charge in my absence. I will easily be able to spare 3 baronies and fight alongside you, my brother. Let us regain our honor, and bring glory to Regalia. I am looking forward to standing by yourside during the onslaught, and if the gods forsake me to die, there is no one else I would rather die by.
    ~Sincerely, until next we meet.
    William A. Coen

14. XxAusFuryxX

XxAusFuryxX The Futuristic Australian

Dear Tristian,

I write to gladly inform you that my men aside my personal guard ride and march to Divano as you read this. They have been well trained and they will serve and follow every command until they die. Let us bring down these elves and show them the wrath of the empire. I wish you a safe journey and a hasty return, fight well friend.

Until we speakagain
    Rowan F. Wynter

@SupremeCripple
    @AurelienBela.

• Like Like x 2
    #54 XxAusFuryxX, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  15. Beetletoes

Beetletoes Regalian Prince

I think the war is a intresting idea. I can't wait to see what happens and will work on an Rp character soon!

16. Deathskull777

Deathskull777 Too lazy to take off Refugee

Well...Time to grab my sword and slaughter some Elves!

17. Laach

Laach I'm not wearing a scouter.

Oh. I was wondering about what happened to that.

Also-
    Can? But they are Regalia's military. The whole point of having nobles is for potential war. Why are you giving them a choice?

18. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

Keep in mind that this is war. War isn't like a quick battle. It's filled with lots of plans, deaths, and constant battles. Try not to rush in..~

• Educated Educated x 1
  19. LeoTheBootyful

LeoTheBootyful You win or you die.

-------} ~O~ ...\oOo/... ~O~ {-------
    Millie heard the news as she walked through the streets to Regalia on her way to board a ship. Whispers of "Have you heard about the war? Disgusting Elven Kingdoms... The Orcs are coming to Regalia, thank the Gods." echoed as she furrowed her brow, walking more quickly towards the harbor.

On the boat ride, it was nothing but the topic of the war that was discussed.

Arriving in Mithril she swiftly entered her awaiting carriage, placing herself comfortably on the seat. Tapping the rider's shoulder, she frowned. "We're not going there any more; take me to the castle." And so they rode, as fast as the horse could pull them along. At the end of the journey Millie quickly jumped out, leaving her luggage and striding through the halls of the Castle. Finding William, she took a deep breath, rubbing her brow. "What's this I hear of a war? You better not be leaving for it."

-------} ~O~ ...\oOo/... ~O~ {-------

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  20. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  21. XxAusFuryxX

Because this is Regalia going to war not duchy and hence we volunteer our men to fight for the empire. It's like if australia went to war with england, other countries don't HAVE to send their troops to battle

22. babbleboi

babbleboi Regalian Pioneer

Hmm..What if you killed the Noble you accompanied..I mean, if the you won that battle, you'd split less glory, righ? It'll be like 1 down, 100 more to go xD

23. XxAusFuryxX

Dear Tristan,

My brother, Damien Wynter has just informed me he wishes join you in the war. He has been well trained and i personally feel he is capable and hope that you may take him under your wing.

Sincerely

Rowan F. Wynter

@SupremeCripple
    @AurelienBela.

24. babaMP3

babaMP3 innocent until proven filthy Supremium

Because the privileged nobility have the choice of participating physically or not. As for levies and all that sort of fun stuff, a percentage of each lordship's/duchy's/county's is already raised for the war effort, as a Regalian feudal contract would detail. Whether these nobles want to offer more of their levy is their choice as well.

25. krios41

krios41 Privjet

-reads it and thinks- what? -reads it again- nope -reads it over and over again- dafluf i stil don't understand it completly -get's google translate- ah okay then... halp?

26. _Dewlox_

_Dewlox_ Orcish Tinker

Death to the elves!

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

An end goal, eh? Hmmm... Please don't be a war against the dwarves. Please, please, /please/! I don't want my kingdom to fall.

28. kniferharm

kniferharm ILoveEveryone

Queen Arwen of Calarban, Queen of many Southern elves, opens the letter from Tildarin Quicksilver announcing that he has surrendered to Regalia. Immediately casting the letter onto the floor and ordering her servants to immediately burn it... Lest the common people hear of the danger they are in. Calling both her husband and her most trusted Military leaders into a war council, she realises that rallying the armies of Avallone and leading them to war may be the only way of saving their forest Kingdom.
    Outside her palace she has great banners raised in the colours of House Calarban. Calling her allies from the kingdom of Edwyth, she remains in her private chapel praying to Estel that a path will be shown that enables her to stand strong and firm against the evil coming from Regalia...

@MonMarty At The very least an Elven Family should have a chance to attain glory in battle as much as any Regalian Nobility

#68 kniferharm, Jun 8, 2014
  29. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

Now the question is, which army to join?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Avallone never applied for lore recognition, so we have no barons sized regiments to commit to your cause.

Due to Regalia's feudal structure, nobility still has the ability to reserve their own troops at home. I think some nobility are intentionally holding back their troops.

On the contrary, Regalia really needs some Elven governors to rule those pesky Elves when they have been submitted.

Half the Unquale kingdom in the south has surrendered, the Lothar kingdom in the middle joined the North in their resistance. The terms Unquale and Lothar for these regions is debatable though, while the dominant culture is just exactly that, all three kingdoms are ruled by Talar.

We recently implemented a provision that would allow Regalian families to fight each other. I think we might try battle re-enactments in the future on special designed maps with game rules, but under the current limitations imposed by the factions plugin and more, we simply cannot have these PVP battles.

• Informative Informative x 1
  31. Art16

Art16 The Golden Beetle

With all this human support I think a certain race might have a chance to gain power in daendroc.....

32. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Yay, historical reenactments!

33. Arvallon

Arvallon Arvanion Cyladhras of Avallónë

Is there still time for the making of such? (For I still have a card at play to be used for this.)

That answer is sort of essential to what character I am going to continue roleplay as... (most likely affect others aswel)

#73 Arvallon, Jun 8, 2014
  34. Lord_Deadpool

Lord_Deadpool the bugmaster of roleplay

Hmmmm... Time to get half of the world to unite and attack regalia on all fronts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  35. Laach

Laach I'm not wearing a scouter.

So, it's not that they don't have to go to war. It's that they don't have to go to war yet.
    That makes much more sense.

36. PaulaDeen

PaulaDeen qt pie

If two nobles are going to war together, do they each make a conversation, or would one person make a conversation and add the other?

37. Lithiel

Lithiel Tragic Flower Forager

Oh snap! my village could be part of the resistence! OwO''''
    now I REALLY better keep a low profile...

thank you!

38. Silent_Ruler

Silent_Ruler Scrapper.

@MonMarty

Would you need an approved character to accompany a noble into the war despite them already having accepted you?

39. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

Pirate vessels from the Rim Isles are mobilizing. Where there is war there is profit!
    We can offer a chance at Regalian citizenship to all those who choose to fight alongside the Rim Isles.
    Those willing to fight with us should contact us and meet at the Regalian harbor ready for sea-travel and WAR.

Battle plans will be received by the captains shortly.

Glory to Regalia!
    Glory to Fong!

40. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

Pffft Dwarves would win the war, If it were to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.