House Spathous

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Jouster, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

⊏ Θ ⊐

“ Vgálte to spathí gia tin aftokratoría. ”

greece_1.gif

House Spathous is one of many noble houses arriving in the Crown Isle in 309 AC. Its roots stem from the lands of Etosil, but have since transferred over to the Regalian Archipelago in favor of being close to the Empire which they are loyal to. The ideology of House Spathous is a facsimile of Etosian culture: conservative and religious.

⊏ Θ ⊐

Spathous History
    The distant ancestors of House Spathous come from the original Evintarians who were exiled to Etosil following a religious schism in 62 AC. Unlike the indigenous Etosians which consisted of Ailor slaves and prisoners, the early Spathous with the Evintarian arrivals came to purge and renew the island. The first and most notable family member recorded was “Parísi to Spathí”' which translated to Paris the Sword; he was a paladin of the Evintarian Church and aided in vanquishing the crude lifestyle of the island’s inhabitants. He would be locally commended for his efforts, starting the lineage which would soon be known as Spathous.

Under Paris, the newly formed House Spathous joined one of the many city-states. He would partake in what battles he could, until the arrival of Vladimir Kade in 127 AC, the current Chancellor of the Regalian Empire. Aligned with one of the city-states that supported the Regalian Empire, House Spathous’s long-lasting loyalty to Regalia began here. Another leader of the Spathous, Diomedes Spathous, sought to take this opportunity. Alongside his brother Androkles, the two would push for their local town to act on the frontlines of battle against the Evintarians who opposed the Empire. With Diomedes, the clergyman, and Androkles, the militant, House Spathous garnered attention from the head of the city-state and was granted a small fiefdom; regardless, the city-state submitted to the rule of the Etosian Patriarchate while Spathous kept its fiefdom. Here, the family’s trade with lazurite extraction and candle production started. Philomena I, a woman in the household, took upon the unorthodox role of trade for the family despite the heavy patriarchal beliefs in Etosian culture.

Spathous trade within the island of Etosil grew steadily since the Empire’s domination of it. However, a small fracture occurred throughout the island as an outbreak of Undead came about in 169 AC. However, the early Spathous, as well as the rest of Etosil would be graced with the arrival of the Vladno people. Here, the remaining Patriarchate absorbed the Vladno populace into their government, and thus created House Spathous’s liking towards those of Vladno descent. While the Vladno’s glorification of what others may view as vile, House Spathous tolerated it to some extent and thus willingly adopted the integration of Vladnos into the Patriarchate.

There would be no major change within the family besides their transfer to the Regalian Archipelago within the early third century. The current patriarch, Theodoros Spathous would pass away due to illness in 308 AC, thus bringing Christosphoros Spathous to the seat as the rightful heir. Within the falling of some noble houses across the archipelago, Christosphoros seized opportunity for dominion as a duke within the region of Kappados. The family has continued to support the Empire since Chancellor Vladimir Kade’s arrival, and continues to do so now while holding the Evintarian Church in high regard.

Timeline:
    - 62 AC: The first locally noteworthy Spathous, Paris the Sword, enters Etosil amongst the crowd of exiled Evintarians.
    - 63-67 AC: Paris the Sword is commended for his aid in glorifying the previously bandit-ridden island, thus formalizing the creation of House Spathous.
    - 127-128 AC: Current Chancellor Vladimir Kade arrives on Etosil. The city-state which House Spathous aligned itself with joined sides with the Regalian Empire. Spathous brothers Diomedes & Androkles is granted a fiefdom for aiding with the pro-Regalia efforts.
    - 128-129 AC: The city-state which House Spathous was a part of was dismantled, thus absorbing the family into the lands of the Etosian Patriarchate.
    - 169 AC: Vladno arrive just in time to help with the Undead resurgence. Vladno individuals and families are welcomed by House Spathous.
    - 305 AC: House Spathous transfers to the region of Kappados after finding a province to claim a barony within. A few months later, Cedromar Kade I becomes emperor of the Regalian Empire.
    - 306-308 AC: As new arrivals to the archipelago, the House participated in archipelago-wide and foreign efforts by paying their taxes and giving to their Unionist & Imperial duties. Besides that, they made no efforts to partake in anything else while they solidified their placement in the south-east of the Regalian Archipelago.
    - 308 AC: Theodoros Spathous passes away. Christosphoros Spathous, the new patriarch, manages to use his prowess as a marshal and statesman to claim the title of duke.
    - 309 AC: Christosphoros Spathous falls sick, and the position of patriarchy and titleholder goes to Dorothios Spathous, his younger brother.

⊏ Θ ⊐

Physical Characteristics
    In terms of hereditary traits, House Spathous retains the stereotypical look of most Etosians that come from Evintarian roots. Those of House Spathous do tend to have strong noses with somewhat defined eyebrows. The men of the family typically have curly hair, but wavy hair is not unheard of in men, and is common with the women. In height, Spathous find themselves to be around the average although it is also common for men to lean towards the taller side of the spectrum. Green eyes are almost apparent in every Spathous, though the shades of which may vary. There are no other distinct physical characteristics to one of House Spathous.

Beliefs
    Once a part of Etosian aristocracy on the island of Etosil, and now in the south-east of the archipelago, House Spathous has maintained their conservative, religious beliefs. By birth, they are taught cultural standards and philosophy, and only later on do Spathous family members get to be more open-minded. Xenophobia still persists to this day, though it does vary per person. While the Sancellist and Evintarian Church have conceded to each other in recent times, House Spathous is still very pro-Evintarian with what few differences remain between the two churches. Gender roles are also still maintained with Etosian standards, although the work of Philomena Spathous I in the early first century let the Spathous see potential for women in higher positions.

Family Color: Orange, cobalt blue, and gold.
    Heraldry Symbol: The Tsarr Cat.
    Trade: Lazurite Extraction/Mining & Candlemaking.
    Titles & Possessions: 1 Duchy, Spathous Silks Company.

⊏ Θ ⊐

Family Tree

Orange = Playable.
    Gold = Playable, with dedication.
    Green = Played with a character sheet.
    Dark Orange = Played without a character sheet.
    Cobalt Blue = Trial run.
    Black = NPC/Dead.

Main Line

Theodoros Spathous ‘59’ | Deceased | Son of Aesop Spathous: Before Christosphoros was Theodoros, who while lacking in any major contributions, kept the family stable. He was the father of the current main line, so his children have all been influenced by his stable rule & militant profession.
    Dorothea Spathous ‘54’ | Deceased | Ex-wife of Theodoros Spathous: Dorothea is the mother to the first four of Spathous children within the main line. She cared for them in their youth, but she passed away due to childbirth complications.
    Apollonia Spathous ‘42’ | Playable | Wife of Theodoros Spathous: After Dorothea’s passing, Theodoros married Apollonia. She birthed Nikomedes, but cared for all of Theodoros’s children regardless of them not being blood-related. She continues to live, watching over the villa in Theodoros’s place.

Christosphoros Spathous ‘30’ | @CainsTedTalk | Son of Theodoros Spathous’: A commander who values comradery of his men, but also an iron hearted blood spiller to his enemies. As the eldest son of Theodore Spathous, the last patriarch, he takes his role as the oldest child seriously. He values a strict and disciplined society, order and structure. While he may come off as cold at first, he does see value in anything that rewards his family and the Regalian Empire. As of late, Christosphoros has fallen to illness, and thus has passed down the position of patriarch and duke, for now.
    Dorothios Spathous ‘26’ | @Jouster | Son of Theodoros Spathous: A philosopher, strategist, and tactician. Dorothios has made his presence known within the Crown Isle, for better or for worse. His personality has been molded by his noble status, turning him into a sybarite of sorts. Regardless, his wonder towards the world has allowed him to be rather questionable should concerns arise. However, he still stays true to Etosian conservatism, and is probably the most outspoken in these values among the four siblings. Due to complications of his birth, some see him as a cursed child. Regardless of this image of him, Dorothios was the brother out of three to become the family's patriarch and titleholder.
    Nikomedes Spathous ‘25’ | @Tortellinis | Son of Theodoros Spathous: A cunning intellectual. Nikomedes only draws attention to himself when necessary, tending to work behind-the-scenes for his paramount, older brother. As the only child of Apollonia, he has an odd placement in the main line despite his close relations to the rest of his half-siblings. Regardless, he is as critical as though his blood relations do not matter, and wishes for the best of his family through any means possible.
    Paris Spathous II ‘24’ | @CainsTedTalk | Son of Theodoros Spathous: Adhering to his Etosian culture, Paris was raised with the values of the Evintarian Schism. Paris enrolled in the Villiers-Eclaire Knight Order, growing up to be the single, combat-trained individual of the mainline. He currently is a man-at-arms, fulfilling his duties as a proud Villiers-Eclaire knight and an Evintarian Unionist.
    Kostantina Spathous ‘22’ | @Ailethi | Daughter of Theodoros Spathous:

Cousin Line(s)

Eudokimos Spathous ‘51’ | Playable | Son of Aesop Spathous: Eudokimos is Theodoros’s brother, who was the second born son of Aesop Spathous. While Theodoros focused on more militant schooling, Eudokimos received clerical and financial schooling. He aids with the family’s paperwork where the help is needed, and is content in his position as a Celate in Kappados.
    Philomena Spathous II ‘46’ | Playable | Wife of Eudokimos Spathous: As one of the living women from the “parent” generation of the Spathous family, she has taken many responsibilities after Dorothea passed away. She is rational, going as far as to thread the needle for the sake of her family when need be. Even if the current iteration of Etosian gender roles prevent her from assuming a higher place in Etosian society, her work ethic is pushed to the maximum.

Elek Spathous ‘32’ | @Apictos | Son of Eudokimos Spathous:
    Argyrios Spathous ‘??’ | @sonofthestars | Son of Eudokimos Spathous:

Family Member Application: @Jouster
    IGN:
    Reasons for Applying: (Discuss your interests in becoming a part of House Spathous as a family member. What dragged you into the family? What do you seek out of our House that you think is best done here than any other noble family?)
    References: (At least 1 person we can refer to for an evaluation of your OOC person. It can be a friend, but seek out a friend who can judge you fairly)
    Timezone: (House Spathous is adjusted to an EST schedule)
    What are your roleplay strengths?: (Optional)
    What are your roleplay weaknesses?: (Optional to put on the application, but I will probably ask you about this anyways)
    Do you have Discord?: (Mandatory)

• Character Creation: (There are no written characters besides the parents of the current generation of Spathous. You will have to make your own if you want to apply as someone else. Be free to discuss it in PMs if you are interested)
      • Character Name: (The name must be of Etosian origin. Look at Etosian Naming Customs for more information. If you want inspiration, look at Ancient Greek/Greek names)
      • Character Sex & Age: (Male/Female/Other, Age)
      • Character Appearance: (Make sure to at least cover everything that the Visual Information in a Character Application would have)
      • Character Background & Skillset: (A minimum of a paragraph)

House Staff Application: @Jouster @CainsTedTalk @Tortellinis
    IGN:
    Character App: (It does not need to be approved)
    Timezone:
    Do you have Discord?: (Mandatory)
    Letter to House Spathous: (Write a letter addressed to either Dorothios Spathous, Paris Spathous, or Nikomedes Spathous)

⊏ Θ ⊐

Trivia
    - We have an in-game model of House Spathous’s villa within their duchy for roleplay & immersion purposes. Before a new family member starts roleplaying in the city itself, we encourage roleplaying in the villa to get a basic grasp of our characters.

Questions? Be free to ask them through private messages on Discord!

⊏ Θ ⊐

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Jouster, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  2. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

⊏ Θ ⊐

House Spathous Clergy

TBD

House Spathous Staff Registry

Steward:
    - None.

House Clergy:
    - None.

Staff:
    - None

Servants:
    - None

Slaves:
    - None.

House Spathous House Guard Registry

Gáta Frourá (House Guard Captain):
    - None.

Gáta Frourá (House Guard):
    - None.

Gáta Frourá Neosýllektos (House Guard Recruit):
    - Titos Markellis.

⊏ Θ ⊐

• Winner Winner x 2
    #2 Jouster, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

6/24/2021
    2:35 PM
    - Added GIF.

7/4/2021
    7:07 PM
    - Updated House Spathous Staff & House Guard Registry.
    - Added House Spathous Clergy setion.

7/5/2021
    9:22 PM

- Added Paris Spathous II to the Cousin Line.

7/8/2021
    3:46 AM
    - Added a House Staff Application.

7/9/2021
    8:18 PM
    - Added the Family Motto that I had forgotten to put in.

8/1/2021
    9:40 PM
    - Updated the Family Tree.

10/?/2021
    ?:??
    - Removed unplayed family members and house staff.

10/17/2021
    2:52 PM
    - Moved Paris Spathous from Cousin Line to Main Line.

10/20/2021
    8:13 PM
    - Added Apictos (Elek Spathous) to the Family Tree.
    - Updated the outdated mentions of "priest" to "Celate."

10/21/2021
    3:47 AM
    - Removed an outdated mention of a second family company.
    - Added Ailethi (Kostantina Spathous) to the Family Tree.

10/26/2021
    10:11 PM
    - Added Titos Markellis to the House Guard.

11/30/2021
    4:18 PM
    - Added Theme Song to the thread.
    4:37 PM
    - Updated who letters are to be addressed to for House Staff recruitment.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #3 Jouster, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

IGN: Goldifish
    Reasons for Applying: Cain told me about this, and I thought to myself about a character concept I was really stoked about.
    References:
    @CainsTedTalk

Timezone: CST
    What are your roleplay strengths?: I'm just your average RPer. I have experience with nobility from before, at least.
    What are your roleplay weaknesses?: Descriptive emotes. I'm pretty to the point with whatever I say.
    Do you have Discord?: yes, and you have it
    • Character Creation:
      • Character Name: Nymphodora, Theodora, Leontia
      • Character Sex & Age: Female, 23. Sister to Paris.
      • Character Appearance: Very tan skin, dark brown hair, and emerald green eyes. She would usually wear a very traditional Etosian outfit, keeping close to their customs and values. Most of the time, you'll never see her hair, as she usually covers it in cloth each morning.
      • Character Background & Skillset: She is planned to have a background in art, with painting and writing to be her main skill set. She will also be fluent in many languages, but not common, hence why she's travelled to Regalia for some immersion in the language. Her humble goal will be learning artifactism so that she may prove Ailor are truly the superior race.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

Accepted for a trial period until 9/3/2021!

6. Apictos

Apictos

IGN: Apictos.
    Reasons for Applying: While Hothar is going to be my personal project, I’d like for this character to be able to express my intrigue in the overall scheme of the high-class scene. Nobility has always been something I’ve been interested in, and I feel like I could add to the Sparthous family in ways that perhaps haven’t been touched upon in the past. My interest in the family has been spanning over the past few days. I've read the family page, and I’ve got an idea for the general gist of the atmosphere that I’d be buying into.
    References: I’m a week into the server, I don’t have any OOC friends that can really vouch for my personality. I’ve got some people that have seen my roleplay and would be able to speak to you on that front. If you’d like that perception through their eyes, then send me a DM and I can ask them to contact you.
    Timezone: EST (Though I work late, so I’m only around quite late at night and early in the morning.)
    What are your roleplay strengths?: For someone that is as new as I am, I’m well-versed in most of the lore pertaining to the Massivecraft Wiki. A lot of people have spoken well about my wide vocabulary during roleplay, and being able to keep up with a conversation, and actually having meaningful things to add. With this said, I’d like to prove myself through perhaps a test run with some of the family.
    What are your roleplay weaknesses?: I’m not sure as of now, though I can frequently disappear as I’m always on-call for work, and that will always take priority over Massive.
    Do you have Discord?: You have it.

• Character Creation:
      • Character Name: Elek Sparthous.
      • Character Sex: Male.
      • Character Age: 32.
      • Character Appearance: Much like every Sparthous, Elek has longer brown, curly hair. He adorns a full beard that is barely ever trimmed or kempt. He portrays himself more as a grounded Sparthous, though his clothing proves himself to be that blue-blood. He follows the Regalian Law, and sports decorative armor covering about 25% of his clothing. In the winter he wears furs over his shoulders, a short cape that droops down to about his waist. Leather, cloth, and a silver chest piece that doesn’t cover his abdomen. In the summer, he wears decorative forearm guards, with short-sleeves and silk undershirt and pants.
    Character Background & Skillset: Elek is the first son of Eudokimos, and was born from the spur of adolescence love between him and another woman of the court, Lady Chryssa. Elek went on to live with his mother's family instead of any Sparthous, through this he began his long process of schooling. Being sent off to espionage school, and then admiralty. While as a hobby, Elek invested his time in linguistics. During the middle of his schooling, his mother's family fell out of nobility due to a lost land dispute, losing their title, and the mother inevitably falling fatally ill- House Sparthous reached in and offered a hand to Elek. Hardly ever seeing his father, it was sure to be said that his relationship was strained with the family. Though, as the younger generations took over Elek’s comfortability seemed to ease. He began to warm up to the family as time went on and considers himself a valiant member of the House. He takes an almost-like older brother role to many of the Sparthous. He is a protector, by all means, warding over his kin with a watchful eye, though playful in nature. His prowess shows through his abilities on the sea, and in the more silent games of nobility; while composing himself as the hardy, boisterous man of the family.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

We, the family, have decided to push you through a trial period should you accept it. We enjoy the investment you've put into the application and the unforeseeable potential. We'll have to discuss your character's background due to Eudokimos's upbringing as a Celate. This can be worked out within a day's time, so it isn't a problem. The trial period will last for 4 weeks.

8. Ailethi

Ailethi neighborhood milf lover Supremium

IGN: Ailethi
    Reasons for Applying: Upon discussing with yourself the opportunity to create a semi-unique character in terms of Etosian beliefs, I have found myself further intrigued and wish to push the concept of an anti-patriarchy character perspective. I enjoy the entire vibe of the family from reading through the page and even the friendliness of the players involved OOCLY.
    References: @Vegemiite @FilicidalIdeals
    Timezone: MDT (AZ time. We don’t do daylight savings.)
    What are your roleplay strengths?:

What are your roleplay weaknesses?:
    • Above two I will gladly discuss in DMs! writing this on my phone this is agony
    Do you have Discord?: You got it.
    • Character Creation: (There are no written characters besides the parents of the current generation of Spathous. You will have to make your own if you want to apply as someone else. Be free to discuss it in PMs if you are interested)
      • Character Name: Kostantina Axtraea Sparthous I
      • Character Sex & Age: Female, 22
      • Character Appearance:
        • Standing at an even 5’4 with a tanned complexion, Kostantina carries herself with a prideful mindset and a stubborn attitude that shows in snarky and sarcastic remarks. Sticking to usual cultural attire which she often pushes the limits of, Kostantina styles her brown semi-curly locks in various braids and decorative clips and hair pieces, always one to show up overly dressed to fulfill whatever void she has. Alike her siblings and cousins, she peers through the world with a set of emerald colored eyes, piercing through others with an inquisitive and bored gaze.
        • Character Background & Skillset:
          • Sprouting from the mainline as a daughter to Apollonia and Theodoros, Kostantina is the younger sibling of Paris II and her other half-siblings. From a younger age, Kostantina suffered from the imposing cultural gender normalcy, forever claiming that it stunted her potential to rise and equally match her siblings in achievements and stature, she was forced to stand on the sidelines for quite sometime. While this was quite the set backs, she begun to make her useless time valuable; originally undertaking various academic studies through the use of the family's funds that saw her first getting a grasp at alchemy and the sciences, finding herself a natural at the elements of the mundane world. The more she learned, the more her want to have a greater impact on the world around her and the family itself took root in her core, utilizing her ever growing resentment at the forced roles set upon her by her gender, she began to learn methods to better control political matters herself, learning techniques that would make her an excellent shadow ruler, hiding behind others while pulling their strings. Things such as; forgery, possible espionage and diplomacy that would better see her ready for the open world and the never ending political machinations that were a constant in the life of a noble.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  9. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

You have been accepted for a 4 week trial period. Further discussion will take place within the House's Discord, and we will get you situated before the time for the trial period begins.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  10. Kadoren

Kadoren I do the gamer things

IGN: Kadoren
    Character App: Purple Man
    Do you have Discord?: Kadoren#3564
    Letter to House Spathous:
    To Duke Dorothios Spathous,

My name is Llaevvryn Beahandros and I wish to serve under house Spathous as a houseguard. I have had decades of experience in combat and over a years worth of working as a houseguard. I believe house Spathous's views allign with many of my own and I wish to work under your family with pride. If given the chance I wish to prove myself to your family.

Signed, Sihn-Fallar Llaevvryn Beahandros of the Ellatrix Tribe.

11. CainsTedTalk

CainsTedTalk Desert Creatures go brrr

Your in.

12. GadgetPunk

GadgetPunk Magnifique

IGN: GadgetPunk
    Character App: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/hajae-seeluraen.93823/
    Do you have Discord?: Yes, gadget#8308
    Letter to House Spathous:
    Paris Spathous,

Hello again, 'your Grace', you spoke to me not long ago and offered me a position as a servant to your family. I know I spoke to you on not being qualified, but, should you still care to hire me at all as the mention of being a servant still, I'd appreciate it, immensely. I am quite willing to follow any rules or changes to my faith should it keep me safer than I have been. Thank you for the opportunity.

- Ha'jae Xxie See'lu'raen

13. CainsTedTalk

CainsTedTalk Desert Creatures go brrr

You're in.