An Attempt Of Force - A Testimony Against Duke Marcus Delmotte And Archduke Von Schwarzkrau

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by CharmedHexes, Nov 14, 2021.

1. CharmedHexes

CharmedHexes Refugee

[A letter has been pinned to various notice boards within the city, seemingly in haste as to gather and bring notice before other parties may act]

[​IMG]

I am writing this testimony to reveal the truth to the Regalian people regarding the misconduct and legal violations of House Delmotte, and House von Schwarzkrau regarding Saturday the 13th’s Inquest into House Castley.

[​IMG]

On the 11th of November, in the Eronidas District, I met with Duke Delmotte and Archduke von Schwarzkrau, both being armed, with Archduke von Schwarzkrau in his Viridian armor. With them was a woman named Anneke, who was armored in blacksteel plate. The situation was already intimidating. The two used harsh language and threats, Duke Delmotte stating he’d have me lashed and imprisoned in Krakenburg for refusing to comply with their demands.

Understanding I held rank within the Castlian Guard, they wanted to extract any kind of dirt they could on House Castley to further their personal feud with my liege. They both claimed to have State authority behind them in their actions, hence the utilization of Krakenburg, the State’s prison for traitors if I did not obey them.

Given the nature of these threats, I was coerced into testifying against House Castley at the Inquest, using a story crafted by the Duke Delmotte to claim my liege was working for the Solifuge to overthrow the Empire, something he’d never do, being a longtime veteran of the Marshalry Cabinet and a dedicated servant of the State.

Furthermore, what I didn’t say at the Inquest, they recorded for a future lawsuit against House Castley. In fear of the power I originally thought they wielded in representing the Regalian State, I fed them speculated rumors regarding House Castley’s recruitment policies. They asked me to confirm if it were true that House Castley recruited sanguine and criminals into their ranks, and signed on my name to prove such. Having served in the Castlian Guard for a durable time, I can confirm with confidence House Castley puts their recruits through background checks to confirm they are not recruiting malicious or illegal individuals. House Castley has never in its history employed a sanguine, with only one case arising in the past with one Alexa Haaven who was infected during the time of House Kreiburg. Upon this circumstance, the Grand Duke had her fired and reported to Greygate. They also tried framing House Castley for trying to violate the Iron Peace, which is also mere speculation. And I can confirm as a member of House Castley’s war cabinet, there is no truth to this heinous accusation. Merely a means for these houses to chew at Castley’s military strength.

Understanding that these Houses lied about their position with the State, threatened my life and my career, I come forth admitting to having wrongfully committed perjury, yet plead to be redeemed by the gracious Grand Duke of Oxenfurd now that the truth has been cemented.

Signed and confirmed by,

Nathaniel Hawthorne, Former Castillian Guard

Tagged persons of interest; @Hemingway7 @Arhbi @Nathan @SupremeCripple
    I uh... have no clue how or what to do for Nobles stuff, and am posting this with a great deal of help on who to ping, where, and what. I am sorry if I have messed anything up.

• Powerful Powerful x 21
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
    #1 CharmedHexes, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  2. CharmedHexes

CharmedHexes Refugee

Anxiety time.))

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  3. HeyItzAPotato

HeyItzAPotato rip me out the plastic

“Please tell me you’re not gettin’ caught up in this shit.”
    The Songaskian slammed the paper down on the bar in the Dragon’s Den, sliding it over to his lover. He was not angry, but worried.

————

@nath_n
    what the fuck is oatmeal

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. nath_n

nath_n Mamba Mentality

"I've got to go."

The Halfling suddenly stated, she sought to exit out of the Dragon's Den, after seeing the published piece.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  5. FeatheredBlade

FeatheredBlade Local Imperial Knight Supremium

The Fae Ward stares at the notice with furrowed brows, flicking over both of the named parties.

"I have trouble believing this statement. Archduke Howland is one of the most honorable men I know, it doesn't make sense for him to betray his code now."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

A middle-aged House Guard stood at the notice, sighing as he would move to get his armor on to speak with his Grand Duke. "I am too old for this shit.."

7. Faith_Bug

Faith_Bug Mirror Thrower

.. Blink Blink. A certain Primal Archblood named Briar looked over the letter, brows furrowed and frowned,

".. Right when I was doing better and got a job with House Castley, this- /this/ happens. Too much drama already. Void- My luck is fucking /bad/ today, isn't it?"

8. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

"Horseshit." A Ward of Fae comments simply, at the sighting of Howland's name.

• Powerful Powerful x 11
  9. Vivo_Et_Vincam

Vivo_Et_Vincam The Walking Spreadsheet

Harric would simply shake his head as he reads the decree, crumbling it up and moving to walk away, as he murmured under his breath as he remembers the days of his family's downfall by the beginnings of feuds like these...

"So it begins..."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  10. IreliaRamora

IreliaRamora The 5.5 hour shitpost. Staff Member Lore2

Iranela inhaled sharply, peering over the names of the notice once more. She knew the Castleys were shady, but... It wouldn't be good to be affiliated with any of these parties at this point...

She turned on her heel, heading home. She needed to warn her fiancee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CharmedHexes

CharmedHexes Refugee

Fixed the fonting a bit in places to denote different handwritings))

12. Volaie

Volaie Honest Citizen

Rayleine craned her head to the left as the paper was handed to her, looking at the other ladies for a quick moment. She read the first few words, expression falling into a grimace. She heaved a sigh, folding it up and smiling to the grouping.

“What a night, huh? I have some things to take care of.”

13. SenorRed

SenorRed Refugee

"Sounds like something they would do, to be frank. What do you make of this, Zazzull?" The Maz-Allar handed the paper they had taken from the notice board to their comrade.

@Lastsuperseth

#13 SenorRed, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  14. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

A letter is put on a board

You promised myself and the Lady Castley,

you would speak truth you told both her and myself after that inquest. That there were no background checks upon Castley guards and the Knight was simply hired upon their word without examination. You even said you desired to use this inquest to instill the warning to have house guards cured before hiring to ensure their cleansed state. You said you saw the red gleam beneath the helm of the supposed sanguine within the house guard yet did not report it. You believed you would've required leave to report it to the guards infact...It pains me I must correct your words.

This threat and supposed lie about jingoist intentions are reported as you said but these matters were not. No one is served by falsehoods and it pains me that I must correct this even to the determent of those in House Castley who didn't commit any crimes alleged or not.

I will also state I am prepared to be called before the courts if testimony of this matter is needed. I shall repeat what was spoken.

May he watch over all and may Almar cast judgement,
    Lord Atum Morathes
    Celate of Dogmatic Unionism

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

FROM THE DESK OF THE GRAND DUKE OF OXENFURD

As taught by God-Empress Ness, Unionists are called to forgive the transgressions and wrongdoings of one another. Given the true nature of the case has been revealed, it is under Celerial guidance that I, the Grand Duke of Oxenfurd, forgive one Nathaniel Hawthorne for his act of perjury committed to incriminate House Castley of Oxenshire. Furthermore, pardoning his action.

Yet, that does not excuse the vile wrongdoings of House von Schwarzkrau and House Delmotte from being addressed. I hereby invoke my noble privilege to initialize a warrant of arrest for Archduke von Schwarzkrau and Duke Delmotte for violating High Law I. In claiming to represent the State in order to whip and incarcerate a Regalian citizen in Krakenburg, a prison for traitors, they undermined State official duty and impersonated proper law enforcement authorities.

Furthermore, I inquire of Primae Domenico Lampero of the Viridian Order to investigate Archduke von Schwarzkrau for a breach of the Code of Ehren.​
    As we further the Great Way,
    His High Grace Theopold Castley
    Grand Duke of Oxenfurd

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    #15 Nathan, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  16. Lastsuperseth

Lastsuperseth

The Maz-Allar stared at the paper for a long pause before actually starting to read it, which he did with great speed. "Oh!- Oh, oh! Yes, yes they would! ... Who is 'Archduke'?"

17. FutureTeller

FutureTeller Criminally mad with no batteries

Another of many strangers passed by one of the notices, their gaze trailing over every word before settling on the second to last paragraph. Taking out a pen, they write their own comment beneath. Letters so similar to the original authors - an imitation:

That’s not the only sanguine incident.

Then they turned, content with their work and leaving to never be seen again.

18. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

"Well.. This is a mess. But why was I dragged into it? That was over a year ago. I was accused of Vampirism by Alaric Keen, and as a result. I was suspended until I brought evidence to the Grand Duke from the city guards saying I was clear and wasn't a vampire. Which I did and was quickly restored to my position in his house guard. I never even got fired..."
    Alexa said to nobody really, mostly talking to herself as she seemingly recited a story in the way she remembered it. Appearing a bit bothered, but otherwise giving off no other reaction. Going to roll the parchment up and put it into her bag before walking off.

#18 MidnightRey, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  19. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

Leidolf swallowed down a great swig of ale, snorting and lowering his bottle to focus on the denouncements and rebuttals, near enough having to squat to read them all. He hummed and shook his head.

"The Archduke is constantly in Viridian Armour and is rightfully allowed to be armed, he is a blunt man, respectfully so. I am doubtful he threw threats at a man so insignificant as a Castley Guard, though."

He took another swig, correcting his posture a moment and peering up to the snowfilled skies.

"I suppose the same could go for Duke Delmotte, he's an honourable man, though to act so outright is not his /style/ so to say. He prefers to be quiet, to observe from afar and study his subjects without intervention. I suppose he's fairly blunt though, not threatening, never threatening."

He murmured that last part, even the thought of the pair throwing threats around was a foreign concept to him.

"Wait, did he complain that Anneke was wearing Tyrian Armour?"

He snorted, shaking his head and wandering off in the direction of the Velheim district.

• Agree Agree x 1