House Bancroft

Discussion in 'Roleplay Families' started by LumosJared, Mar 2, 2021.

1. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

〚 ◈┇ ════════════ - ‹ •◦ ♘ ◦• › - ════════════ ┇◈ 〛

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Voor de mensheid vechten we."

"For Humanity, We Fight."

[​IMG]
    〚 ◈┇ ═════════════════════ - ‹ •◦ ♘ ◦• › - ═════════════════════ ┇◈ 〛

[​IMG]

• House Name 》Bancroft.
      • Etymology 》Originally from the early Anglian settlers, the name is believed to mimic their environment - an enclosure or at a slope of a river, or a “bank-croft”. The name is common near the Axel River.
      • History 》Used first in the year 303 as a small vassal for house Kade, the name quickly fell into obscurity after Cedromar relinquished the name in favour of Kade. The Bancroft name regained relevancy after Arahael Bancroft adopted the name as something of a tribute to the former Emperor.
    • Values 》
      • Imperial Loyalty 》Stemming from their previous ties with house Kade.
      • Military Strength 》Ensuring the safety of the realm.
      • Unionist & Dragon Tenants 》A strong spirit is a strong soul.
      • Patriarchal Authority 》Guidance and wisdom from the eldest man.
      • Anglian Culture 》Cultural ties and a vast, rich history.
    • Titles 》
      • Duchy of Drackeenrust 》Currently held by Arahael Bancroft.
    • Symbols and Ideologies 》
      • Sigil 》A Dragon.
      • Colours 》Blue, Purple, Gold.
      • Culture 》Anglian & Isldar.
      • Religion 》Unionism & Dragon worship.
      • Trade 》Warfare, Artefacts, and Agriculture.
    • Ancestral Artefacts, Mythics, and Items of Note ((All Public Knowledge In Character))
    • "Rings of Raakhr" 》The Twin rings look simple, a golden band with a fairly simply shaped six-pointed flower out of some sort of purple-blue hue'd metal, atop of which a small emblem of a Dragon rests, with a single tiny sapphire as an eye. These are currently in the possession of Arahael Bancroft and Gwenyth Zylmoira.
    • "Sicraer & Ifialfica" 》A fine Isldarrin earing, and a small dwarven handaxe, each named after Arahael Bancroft's Isldarrin parents and discovered at their old abode. These are on display at the Bancroft Shilais Estate, along with an old painting of the couple.
    • "Bladesinger Plate Mail" 》A fine suit of Blacksteel Field Plate, commissioned by Arahael Bancroft during his time as a Kade. It is currently on display at the Bancroft Shilais Estate.
    • "Defender and Shards of Ice Death" 》A pair of Folded Blacksteel scimitars with sapphire and kadite gemstones, with ornate pommels and handles. These were reforged by an Arken and have been used since the mid 200 AC's, usually residing in the possession of Arahael Bancroft. Ice Death was shattered during the Sanguine Crisis of 309 AC, and its shards remain in Bancroft Shilais Estate.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whilst the name’s origins began in 303 AC, the current relevancy of House Bancroft began in 308 AC. Arahael Bancroft adopted the name as something of a tribute to the former Emperor, Cedromar Kade when ascending to the office of Lord Chancellor. After some time in service, Arahael was granted a duchy in Northern Anglia, and legitimacy as his own noble house.

With Bancroft thrust into the court, help was needed - and with the concentration of the Kades within the capital to only the Princes, the remaining family members were quick to aid Arahael’s cause. Now seeking to forge a path and history all their own, the family yearns for recognition and a place within the Empire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Arahael Luchs Bancroft | @LumosJared
      • 《 58 years old 》Arahael Luchs Bancroft is the Patriarch of House Bancroft. While not a blood relative of any other in the family, the Isldar was adopted by House Kade after working for the Imperials as a sellsword and ranger, before ascending in politics and worldly affairs. He became Patriarch after being named Duke of Draakenrust during his tenure as Lord Chancellor, and guides the family loosely, preferring to allow each Bancroft to decide their own fate when the stakes remain low.
    • Gwenyth Zylmoira | @MantaRey
      • 《 60 years old 》Gwenyth Zylmoira is perhaps one of the more unusual characters seen among House Bancroft. An Isldar among Ailor, and a mage of draconic power, Gwenyth was not always this way. With her humble beginnings, starting no more as a common street urchin with weak magic, she found herself headed down a path of mysticism and wonder; of magic and myths; and towards a newfound, budding faith. As the Matron of the Glass Spire, Gwenyth earned her place previously in service to House Kade as a Court Mage. Presently, she continues her matronly duties, leading Dragon Warriors and guiding Dragon Worshipers in the day to day. Reserved, analytical, and still somewhat a stranger to Regalia's social norms, she is a budding figure of Regalian society even still, and thus presents herself as a Bancroft in familial terms but without claiming the name itself
    • Florance Tannis Bancroft | @Patsie
      • 《 29 years old 》Description TBD.
    • Laurent Raaf Bancroft | @Lumiess
      • 《 30 years old 》Description TBD.
    • Valerie Bancroft | @WaterDruppel
    • Leufred Bancroft | @Fantuinn
    • Rowena Cavia Bancroft | @Bunemma
      • 《 21 years old 》Born the youngest of her siblings, Rowena’s penchant for attention manifested at a young age. Ever eager to impress, and be the star of the show, this young woman walks the line between ‘eccentric’ and ‘over-bearing’. Her interests waver often, picking up new hobbies every so often to cure her boredom. Perhaps stemming from a sense of insecurity, Rowena seeks to prove her merit amongst her siblings, and Regalia as a whole.
    • Rhion Bancroft | @booette
      • 《 19 years old 》Rhion Bancroft is the younger cousin to Rowena, Laurent, Esmee, and Edwenn. Despite his youth, his zeal for technological discovery is matched only by his passion for academia. He fashions himself as a natural prodigy, disguising the hours of earnest effort he puts into honing his trade and researching ways to impress the peerage. At the impressionable age of nineteen, he heavily admires the seasoned men and women of his family who have survived the stress and scrutiny of the holy city. To this end, he studies diligently -- Arahael's authority, Rowena's sociability -- in the hopes of quickly growing into an adult capable of standing his own in the public eye. Despite openly enjoying chit-chat and pleasantries, Rhion is much more comfortable in a workshop, tools in hand.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• 1 》You should endeavor to main your Bancroft character, or at least consistently log on for roleplay with other members of the family, or house staff.
    • 2 》Members should be self-motivated -- you should have a decent ability to “make your own fun” within nobility, without the guidance of the rest of the family.
    • 3 》Members are expected to adhere to a proper code of conduct in character, save for intra-family drama. No Bancroft should deliberately tarnish the reputation of the house unless in character circumstances demand it.
    • 4 》Diversity is celebrated within House Bancroft. If you’d like to apply for a character but aren’t interested into a white Ailor former Kade, or a somehow-even-more-white Isldar, simply communicate what you’d like to portray in your application, and we’ll do our best to make it work.
    • 5 》ERP is strictly frowned upon in the House Bancroft. Public displays of gross romance rp/acts in public are also frowned upon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Application Process 》If you’re interested in playing a Bancroft, we encourage you to write a small summary of the character you have in mind - similar to those from the ‘current household’ section, in addition to the application format below. Recruitment is currently OPEN.
    • Application Format 》
      • Links to any former character applications.
      • What are you hoping to accomplish by joining the family? Be honest, even if it’s for selfish reasons.
      • What is your greatest roleplay strength?
      • What is your greatest roleplay weakness?
      • Have you ever been jailed/muted/banned? If so, why?
      • Do you use discord?
      • Have you read and do you understand the rules?
      • Do you think you can improve the family at all? How so? (No is an acceptable answer.)
      • Is there anyone that can vouch for your conduct and roleplay?
      • If you were a tree, what tree would you be?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yo! For those who want to portray a Bancroft, be warned! I am going to be EXTREMELY selective here. I used to run House Typhonus and while I was accepting of giving people a chance, I also believe it is crucial to be bluntly, if not rudely open about shortcomings or any behavioral problems to ensure a safe and enjoyable place for roleplay. If you cannot that take sort of criticism, I suggest finding a different House.

If playing a Bancroft family member seems too daunting, we are always willing to have characters join the Household Staff and be close to the family, without actually joining it. Seek out the Grand Steward Sylfina @Bellarmina , Rowena Bancroft, @Bunemma or Arahael Bancroft @LumosJared in roleplay for that sort of thing.

- LumosJared
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 LumosJared, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  2. Rowet

Rowet support main Supremium

• Link to any current or former Roleplay characters: Omaberos Yelfina-Dzekh'aar & Susanne of Havenreach are both my current characters!
    • What are you hoping to accomplish by joining the Bancroft family?: Practice CRP & better myself with someone who isn't completely bloodthirsty, as well as - I've been looking to get out of my social circle & expand RP with nobles, and take on IC skinning commissions to practice discipline for myself.
    • What would you say your greatest Roleplay strength is?: Outgoing & willing to RP with just about anyone. I love roleplay in general & getting to meet new faces ICly.
    • What would you say your greatest Roleplay weakness is?: Probably my brain flatlining and internally going "uhhhh" at the most dire of moments, in addition: I have a horrible memory.
    • Have you ever been muted/jailed/tempbanned? If so, why?: Nope!
    • Do you use Discord?: Yes! Qoll#1750
    • Have you read and do you understand the rules?: Yup!
    • Do you think you can improve the Bancroft family at all? How so?: I want to use this particular character to make skins for nobility, in exchange for services, "quests" - (All of course law abiding), or IC currency. I plan on setting up a shop with her later on down the line - Of course, whilst balancing Susanne & Omaberos.
    • Is there anyone who can vouch for you?: @_Breakshot_
    • If you were a tree, what tree would you be?: Apple tree.
    • Please give me a summary of the Bancroft character you wish to portray, or choose a name from the list above.
      • NAME & APPEARANCE: Larsann Bancroft, informally nicknamed "Lars". Twenty-one, Anglian Ailor, female, warm black hair & stormy cerulean eyes with clear, fair skin. Fresh graduate of the Oranjen Order.
      • PERSONALITY & HOBBIES: Quiet & reserved until prodded, as well as a Oranjen Knight with a evergrowing fear of magic that seems like it belongs to the Void & Exist. The fear was drilled into her head, yet this particular Bancroft has a fascination with cloth & fine silks. Loving to weave expensive cloth & such for herself & sometimes others, it depends. It's something to do with her hands, and silks can't exactly speak, now can they? Lars fights with a halberd, though often shys away from combat due to an evergrowing terror of slipping up & failing, though she will fight if all else fails. She is competitive, though is quiet about it - Subtle movements and lips thinning in moments of defeat - Whether it'd be combative or simply a fun-natured game - She despises losing.
      • Lars is humble, whether that be from her time in the Oranjen Order or something else entirely - The woman has a low estimate of her impact on lives & sees herself as a passing face. It was drilled into her head - She doesn't see herself being anyone of absolute importance. As for her religion, it belongs to the Dragons - Specifically devout to the Yellow Dancing & Black Desert Dragons. Her backstory is mundane, nothing overly traumatic happened - Though the woman is easily influenced by others - Hence her fear of anything to do with the Void & Exist.
    • Overall - I'm looking forward to hearing back from you, whether it's a rejection or approval! I'd love to know what I can do to better myself or my concept in the case of a rejection. Thank you!

• Like Like x 5
    • Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. eggmouse

eggmouse matutinal sweetheart

01. Character Applications.
    ... Currently, I only have two active characters. One being Mantenette Bouton & the other being Michetta Gocciolo. There is a decision for me to create a third one, but while I have these two primarily active, I am waiting on the idea as they would be moreso a relaxing OC.

02. What are you hoping to accomplish by joining the family? Be honest, even if it’s for selfish reasons.
    ... When I created Michetta, I had the goal to make her the first Feka Asha/Asha aligned nobility with the increase and recent update of the Asha species. By now, that goal has changed from making it to joining into it and providing another name to the knightly pool of nobility, building on muggle versus magick, and personally getting involved with the nobility body myself.

There was a heavy inspiration from Harry Potter to create a “muggle” family with a distinct relation to hidden magicks or even joining knightly orders that serviced people with magick. Michetta was a child of solitary confinement, her parents would ban people (pre-character application) who were known magick users from the household and she grew up never recognizing the possibilities of dragons/Primalities. She has canonically been known to be a “flat earther” and serves the Lion Pelt Order, her mentor having been the exact opposite of what her Ashan father wanted due to his history as a slave and escaping through rebellions in the Altalar empire long ago, retreating to Daedroque states and finally Dressolini village, where he created a mock “house” made up of ragtag Asha, Songaskian, and other bloodlines to make up for what he had lost: a family.

Going through wars and even having a rough study time due to the Bone Horror Crisis and the Ranger Crisis+, Michetta has been steeled by her personality, her lack of Mentorship due to Eledhwen having to escape during her study time for multiple importances, and her constant writing letters back to her parents, she has made an effort to improve her order through thick and thin and by herself if she must all the while being oblivious to what other Pelters had accomplished or done in the city walls.

03. What is your greatest roleplay strength?
    ... Often, I have found people speaking about my typing speed, or the fact I am capable of making multiple paragraphs in response to others, but I would like to touch base on and give credit to myself for being as strong as I am: I joined Massivecraft after debating for a consecutive year and a half, trying to bring along with me my partner so that I didn’t have to experience it alone. It was originally @alianon who invited/talked to me about the server, and when I stepped in, I had met tons of helpful people who guided me through the intricacies of the wikipedia.

... After researching most of it by myself, I had decided to create a temporary first character that was a Songaskian male who was born to a Slizzar, but the idea fell through and thus I picked up Mantenette, and finally Michetta. My greatest roleplay strength that I would like to demonstrate here is my capacity to organize a schedule to better suit my comforts, be empathetic to others and continue to improve on IC/OOC separation. I love everyone who has helped me out on this server, whether it be close friends and others, they’ve all demonstrated to me that it’s possible to have an OC who is meant to be villainous but still be loved for the person you are outside of them.

04. What is your greatest roleplay weakness?

... While I have not had the greatest beginning to my Special Permission, I have to emphasize on the fact I cry during emotional moments of roleplay, and the mitigations of CRP I struggle with sometimes. There are times in combat roleplay I’ve had to take a step back and ask questions OOCly, or have been affected by people’s actions and have asked them to either PM me or message me privately on the server itself to clear things up. At the start of my Massivecraft play, I struggled heavily with “same aesthetic syndrome”, whereupon I grew jealous of people having similar ideas to me.

... Frequently, with Mantenette and the Scorrico soul-line, I was jealous of others wanting to join the orchid mantis club and make one of their own. The more I have fleshed her out as a character, the more I’ve made her unique and because of the strong friends I had with me, was able to surpass “same aesthetic syndrome” with multiple if not all of my OC concepts.

05. Have you ever been jailed/muted/banned? If so, why?
    ... There is no ban history or jailing/muting history on my record!

06. Do you use discord?
    ... I do! I’d love to talk about the response in fuller detail, here’s my tag!! ·` faerie ´·#1126

07. Have you read and do you understand the rules?
    ... Most if not a lot of the Massivecraft rules have become my first instinct to me. I have read the Bancroft rules as well, 05. especially applies to this specific OC that I am applying with, there won’t be any ERP or romancing RP from my corner unless it’s a future court/political marriage that is desperately needed. Here is the document link to my schedule! If there are any changes needed for me for more activity on this OC, I am willing to change enough where I will have both my Special Permission and this OC being full top priority. By now, it’s a three-way schedule.

08. Do you think you can improve the family at all? How so? (No is an acceptable answer.)
    ... I feel as if by expanding on the ‘agriculture’ part of the Bancroft family, there would be multiple aspects unlocked through Michetta finally opening her dream bakery. As the ‘mudblood’/mundane of the family and not closely aligned but still accepting of the Primal lineages, Michetta would be that “development of the true Kade culture” ICly apart from starting her off knowing it.

... A born Unionist, she never knew too much about the Dragons themselves and wasn’t told of their possibilities (pre-application). I feel as if by joining the Bancroft family, this could unlock her potential for many Primal arcs that I had wanted to go through that I couldn’t with other OCs, and help me edit some ideas/cultures (make her Anglian-Dressolini) for her instead of being a culmination of cultures I wouldn't use. (Zvorun, Azzizzari)

09. Is there anyone that can vouch for your conduct and roleplay?
    ... I couldn’t pick just one person, there were multiple people that I thought could vouch for this that knew me well, but the best person to have chosen was @Icaruscien

10. If you were a tree, what tree would you be?
    ... A pecan tree!!

----------------------------------------------------

Name: Michetta 'Piccolina' Kade of Citta d'Ucceli
    Connection: Distant cousin/Third-cousin or Second from the Arnold Kade lineage/"Apathetic Councellor" lineage
    Mother's name: Paolina Kade of Citta d'Ucceli
    Father's name/position: Commoner rank, Civraxiu Gocciolo of Daenshore

In 67 AC, Arnold was the shortest Arch Chancellor to have existed in his lifetime. Arnold’s tenure saw the death of Emperor Theomar I and ascension of his son Lilienmar I to the Imperial Throne as an opportunity and resigned, declaring his nephew as a successor. With this, he migrated to the collective Ailor states and pronounced himself as a single man yet again with the distance of his wife, taking up glasses of wine and marrying throughout the remote villages to eventually create a solidified lineage of both Ailor and Neflin children. It wasn’t until 278 that the Asha lineages came into play, with favor being put towards the Senef and Nefer for their patience and vanity, moreso bastardly than legally. In 288, Paolina Kade of Citta d’Ucceli, nobility and Dressolini influencer was put forward to making her own legacy instead of playing childish games of hiding governmental papers from her house siblings.

It was here that she found a commoner Asha and loved him, giving birth to Michetta. Raising her in the same village where it all started, they wanted to see a different future than one filled with magicks, influenced by Civraxiu. Keeping the family lineage, Paolina was an independent and proud person who forwarded the idea of both love and dignity, compromising for Knighthood only and allowing the young Feka to choose her own pathway. It was the major vote that she would be sent off to Oisteremark, Ivenna, to learn the ways of the Lion Pelt Order apart from the battle-heavy orders like Darkwald and Viridian.

Being adamant practitioners of Unionism and Dragon Worship on her mother’s side, Michetta was influenced to practice Vultarinism, but eventually folded her knowledge into Evintarin and Minoth as a way of life with some Vultarin aspects when she studied and arrived at the Crown Capital. Even now she continues to investigate her family history and their extensive connection to Dragons, having been a distant relative with an even further apart backstory. Dragons to her are the Fae to the Breizh, mystical and mysterious.

Jared Bancroft, Duke of Draackenrust, wrote out to the affiliated family members of House Kade the relative change to the tribute name, and in an attempt to start a House, asked for others to join rank and alliance with him in the Crown Capital. Paolina and many others of the Dressalo culture that were low in numbers, had sent Michetta a letter to join her ancestry in the roots of Regalia to further her legacy.

Personality
    As a devout unionist, she takes up the passion of her order and combines it into her religious faith itself: taking the Minoth sects teaching principals at a young age drifting from Sancellian's main coop, she was inspired by the Evintarin in their psalms and readings (literature) about their doctrine, militarized settings that put iconoclasm before the emperor's crown in itself.

While not anti-regalian or anti-crown, she takes passion in seeing the herons living and dead as people to follow and worship in order to directly worship the emperor herself. one theory the feka has made is the "heronic theory", where she believed from a young age that the herons were once large angelic birds of prey that in ideology, fed on the sinning frogs of the pond "avalon", or "the world".

frogs that were boisterous or louder than the others during the day, causing havoc and disrupting (perhaps even eating other frogs) were sought to be a connection to the many abberants of the crown capital and of the world. some on an ooc level might think that michetta believes the earth to be flat.

By now, she has advanced her studies into the Vultarin sect after many years of having lived underneath it again, rebirthing that love for the Dragons albeit even if she doesn’t know what they are fully. Unlike other knights, michetta is easily gullible underneath "copious" amounts of stress and is a byproduct of a natural emotional disaster: she strives to be benevolent for the public of the Crown, and yet she still understands the greater dangers on the horizon. arriving at the time of a war also impacted her schedule, relationships and personality, but being a bystander to the Crisis and the Occupation, she is still easily manipulated into fear and can be a dangerous entity when consumed by it.

Potential Arcs
    - Archbloodism, this was a decision that I made solely to add more *spice* to Michetta as a character. While I love Lion Pelt and am going to take the high ride for a long time with her for this, I eventually want to convert her more into the Primal lineage.

Template example
    Michetta Bancroft of Citta d'Ucceli | 21 years.
    Michetta would be one to call 'distant', in both personality and lineage she was born to Paolina Kade of Citta, Dressolini influencer and bastard-maker/publicly having had a fling with an Asha commoner by the name of Civraxiu Gocciolo in 288. Being known as the third-cousin to the prime lineage, she took up the responsibilities and militant aspect through joining the Lion Pelt Order and holding her own as her tutor was not often, if not at all, present. This led to an independency streak that ran rampant in the small Fekas body, and even now she holds true her religious expectations and the world's legacy, forever attempting to keep herself stable in the eyes of the public no matter what.

thank you note!
    <3 - thank you for opening up recruitment, it had taken me a long time to settle on the idea of transferring (or even creating) an oc that was to be noble with the amount of time I had to put into my schooling and mantenette, but now that I have more free time and a consistent schedule, I'm able to put more time into doing what i loved to try out. rejection or not, this really helped me decide on how to flesh out Michetta as a character, and I will definitely be making changes to her sect to gift her that concept of 'mundancy with a family history of non-mundancy' because I loved the correlation the more I think about her.

• Winner Winner x 2
    #3 eggmouse, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  4. sonofthestars

sonofthestars chaotic stupid

• Link to any current or former Roleplay characters: Cecil Dzekh'aar x | Hal'lyndvaera Synd'aiernaellos x
    • What are you hoping to accomplish by joining the Bancroft family?: Having never completely tried Noble RP nor gotten involved with the Primal community on Massive, I’d really like to expand my horizons and social circles by playing a character that a) tests my comfort zone/strengths as a roleplayer and a writer, and b) offers me the chance to appreciate both lore and circumstances that I haven’t been able to appreciate yet.
    • What would you say your greatest Roleplay strength is?: I feel proud enough of my accomplishments in creative writing over the last half-decade to say that I am a good writer, and I like to think that I excel in creating varied, in-depth scenarios with my characters through descriptive and varied emotes. Plus, I think I combat roleplay pretty well.
    • What would you say your greatest Roleplay weakness is?: I tend to be impatient, which has led to me making impulsive character decisions or changes that I wouldn’t have made otherwise. Beyond that, I can get stuck behind walls of text if I don’t pay attention to how much I’m writing.
    • Have you ever been muted/jailed/tempbanned? If so, why?: Nope!
    • Do you use Discord?: Yes! #starson4044
    • Have you read and do you understand the rules?: Yes!
    • Do you think you can improve the Bancroft family at all? How so?: In terms of ‘improving’ the House, I think the best I can offer is solid, intelligent RP that is enjoyable to interact with. If that manages to increase the reputation of the family, great, if it doesn’t, then I’ll still feel good about what I’m contributing. In terms of in-character improvement, I’d like this character to be a blacksmith who can provide metallurgy services for the noble community under the Bancroft banner.
    • Is there anyone who can vouch for you?: Yes! @Athelois and @Lumiess
    • If you were a tree, what tree would you be?: A douglas fir! It is the State Tree of my home, Oregon, which I love very much.
    • Please give me a summary of the Bancroft character you wish to portray, or choose a name from the list above.
      • NAME & APPEARANCE: Alaejani Bancroft, informally known as Jan or James. Thirty, Voltalar Isldar, and Male. A fairly athletic young man with a penchant for tattoos and earrings; white hair as per Voltalar custom, and close attention paid to his scales, which shine with a vain effort to keep them clean. Navy blue eyes.
      • PERSONALITY & HOBBIES: Alaejani is the perfect cutout of a strapping young Nobleman, with his eyes set on the military and a vain streak that paints his skin and appearance in opulent tones. Confident, arrogant, and unerringly witty, the whip-sharp bite of his exterior appearance hides a boy who doesn’t quite know what to do with his hands and immensely fears losing his fragile position of self-perceived ‘popularity.’ Status and stature mean everything to Alaejani, who views his place in the Nobility of the Regalian Empire as a privilege that should be flaunted and held over those who don’t have it. It’s this same lust for attention and accolade that keeps him awake at night, though, and it drives him to his wit’s end when the praise he receives for his actions isn’t big enough to feed his ego.
      • Alaejani is a warrior of the Dragons, having been taught at an early age the importance of his scales and claws in the context of defending what he thinks is a birthright: Dragon Worship and Dragon superiority. Fighting with his hands and at times with a spear, the self-made ‘guardsman’ has spent most of his life learning how to defend and provide for the combative among his people. Alaejani is thusly a skilled blacksmith, and he takes great pride in his work, especially when it is used by others. His other interests, as underfed as they are, include upholding his people’s tradition of song and dance, as well as a deeply buried appreciation for architecture and the elegance of civilization’s best work with buildings. He also has a pet cat, named Murih, who he loves very much.
    • Thank you for taking the time to read this application! No matter the result, I'm glad for the opportunity to branch out of my comfort zone and approach something new.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

Rejected, with details in Discord. Thank you for applying!

Rejected, but a path to joining the House as the proposed character has been sent via Discord. Thanks for applying!

House Bancroft applications remain Open!

6. cosmoons

cosmoons cosmonaut

Will House Bancroft be open around December or January?

7. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

Answered in DM's.

House Bancroft applications remain Open!

8. cosmoons

cosmoons cosmonaut

• Links to any former character application
    Skyler Nox (Inactive), Mordecai Haman

• What are you hoping to accomplish by joining the family? Be honest, even if it’s for selfish reasons.

I’d like to be able to role-play in a different way than I have in the past, with a new character who has more power, authority, and influence than my previous ones. My ambitions to be powerful and influential could not be achieved with my first character, Skyler Nox, because he was a commoner. I am inspired by the historic figure of Beau Brummell, the man who revolutionized the way we dress to this day. Beau was cool, calculated, and witty, and was the personification of seeing perfection in imperfection, and seeing beauty in simplicity. I tried to make Skyler like Beau, but those plans fell through. I’d like for my new Bancroft character to have a form of power and leverage over people, and to have him be more like Beau Brummell, a person that people both admire and respect. Plus, everyone in House Bancroft seems to be very nice, great role-players, and overall lovely people to get to know!

• What is your greatest role-play strength?

I am good at rolling with the punches and reacting to a role-play scene how someone would react in real life, and not how someone would react in a book or movie. I can accept defeat, but not easily, so in general, I would bring more realism to a Minecraft role-play server.

• What is your greatest role-play weakness?

My greatest role-play weakness is that I sometimes skim the chat if presented with a big block of text, because I want to reply to other players as soon as possible, and as a result I might miss emotes or context about the role-play scene that I’m in. I am trying to get better at this.

• Have you ever been jailed/muted/banned? If so, why?

I’ve never been jailed, muted, or banned.

• Do you use discord?
    Yes! Message me at LightSideMoon#5783.

• Have you read and do you understand the rules?

Yes! I won’t ever ERP, as I am a minor IRL, but I might want to explore some romance RP, if I’m allowed.

• Do you think you can improve the family at all? How so? (No is an acceptable answer.)

I think I can bring a new and fresh look to a seemingly traditionalist Noble House, and add a more artistic character to a house that doesn't have many.

• Is there anyone that can vouch for your conduct and role-play?

Not yet. I hope to be accepted into this house, and strengthen my RP skills, so that I might be able to have some references.

• If you were a tree, what tree would you be?

Probably a Weeping Willow.

• Character: I didn’t see a list of names, so I just used my own.
    Name and Appearance:

Schuyler Bancroft, sometimes called Sky by close friends and family, is a 25-year-old Anglian Ailor with pale skin, blue eyes, and raven black hair, born on April 1st. His features are very regal, almost like a Telleden Altalar. He also sometimes wears reading glasses. (Look at pictures of model Egor Telenchenko to better visualize what I have in mind). Schuyler sometimes wears a raven feather behind his ear, leading people to jokingly call him the “Raven Lord.” Schuyler also has some aesthetic Exist mutations that he tries his best to hide from his peers and the world, such as Exist Carry and Exist Bite. Because of Exist Bite, Schuyler paints his fingernails black, or will wear either silk or leather gloves. Nobody in the family knows about these mutations, and Schuyler would rather keep it this way. He has a tattoo of shadows curling around his arm, like a sleeve. He wears a lot of gold, kadite, or sometimes even sapphire jewelry. Typically he will wear a fine coat or other types of noble-esque clothing typically in black or blue, never any shade of red. He pulls styles from the Malta or Rita amendment of Imperial clothing, with Fineclass influence.

• Personality and Hobbies:
    Schuyler is seen as very slick and suave, kind of like an old-timey Dandy, but when you get to know him, he’s very funny and joyful, and just fun to be around. Schuyler is very free thinking, and doesn’t really bind himself to any religion. He considers himself more of a Vultragon Unionist than anything else, but Schyuler will often go to other religions' ceremonies, just out of respect for the beliefs. This leads some Dogmatic Unionists to call him “impure” or “pandering.” Schuyler very much enjoys taking up the older brother role to his younger siblings, and cousins. Even though Schyuler might seem like the poster boy of nobility, he does possess negative qualities. Schuyler can sometimes be a bit offensive or insulting, and will do almost anything to get what he wants. Even though Schyuler walks the line between witty and rude, he knows when to check himself and dial it back. Schyuler also loves to go on dates, have fun at parties, and just socialize in general. Schuyler is a writer and artist. He sells his work so that it reaches the public. It is more important to him that his work entertains others. While creating art, he is not motivated by making money, like you’d expect him to be. His writing can be very fantastical, mostly works about the future. His drawings and paintings can also be eccentric, filled with wild caricatures, bold colours and geometric shapes. Some traditionalists are picky about his work. They claim his writing and art to be “disgraces to the artistic scene.” Schuyler also has to keep his muscular build intact, so he will practice swordplay with his dual set of Laquoria side swords.

• Backstory (Subject to change) :
    Born into nobility, Schuyler Bancroft was always seen as the “Charismatic Child” -- so much so, that by the time the lad was 15, he was sent to Nottford to make connections with the common people of the area, and learn from the Artisans. Time spent in Nottford made Schuyler a better tradesman, statesman, and craftsman, and helped him sympathize with those less fortunate, although he’d still rather die than live his life as a commoner. Returning to the city with a new calling, and a new Heartland Ceardian accent that adjusted to his Anglian one, Schuyler sets his sights on dominating the literature and painting market of Regalia. He also wishes to rise to the top and acquire the title Grand Duke, hold a position in the Regalian government or be a part of the Higher Chambers, and settle down in an estate with a nice and powerful husband.

I’m really looking forward to hearing your response, and I hope that I might be able to fix the parts of my application that could get me rejected. -Moon

9. Bookwormpower

Bookwormpower the wei way

> Links to any former character applications.

Seishan https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/seishan-wei.95286/

>What are you hoping to accomplish by joining the family? Be honest, even if it’s for selfish reasons.

I want a second character, and was recommended by one of your house members to join House Bancroft. I think playing a noble could be something new and fun to try, and give me different social spheres and people to rp with.

What is your greatest roleplay strength?

I am flexible about what happens to my characters, and enjoy challenges.

What is your greatest roleplay weakness?

I worry too much about what other people think of my roleplay/character.

Have you ever been jailed/muted/banned? If so, why?

No, I'm a good egg.

Do you use discord?

Yeah, Book#5856

Have you read and do you understand the rules?

Yes, they are to the point and make sense. I click the invisible ‘accept’ button.

Do you think you can improve the family at all? How so? (No is an acceptable answer.)

Short answer, no. Slightly less short answer, maybe? I’m not super sure if there’d be any improvement beyond having another member of the household.

Is there anyone that can vouch for your conduct and roleplay?

OkaDoka

If you were a tree, what tree would you be?

Cherry tree!

As for character concepts, I have some things in mind, but would prefer to discuss them and get some solid opinions. It also isn’t on the list of questions, so I wasn’t sure whether to include it here or not.

Thank you very much!

• Winner Winner x 1