Behold, Howlester's Monsters

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Magivore, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GLORY BE TO THE SOLIFUGAE.

EDUCATION.
    LIBERATION.
    》》DOMINATION.《《
    PERFECTION.

High from the black heavens, beyond the grey clouds and deep within the inky sky, a hum of wicked potential rolls through the land. At first, its source is unknown, but it is soon answered by booming mortars roaring through the midnight air. Thankfully, no sight of flame nor crater occurs, but trickles of white flutter down to the roads of Regalia like ash. Just as it seemed like Sanctuary Demetrius would encroach on countryside territory, the beating of wings and the roar of a hurricane causes the flying fortress to sound off a deep horn and tactically retreat back into the city. But what was it that Demetrius had fired at the survivors? Leaflets- and lots of them. Some were scorched from the powder, some were waterlogged from puddles, but those still legible had propaganda to spew. To those who dared, they read a piece that practically spat on every signed document of hope published in the days before.

Reimar of Calemberg
    Gwendolyn Black
    Ewan Howlester
    Dietrich von Drachenburg
    Humaira di Civita

Behold, whelps of Regalia. These are your monsters. See here how deplorable their names are- how they have spent their entire lives skulking in the dark, refusing to care for their fellow man with no oath to care for nor faith to lay worship to. Every waking breath they breathed was a new sin, and every colour that their eyes met was turned black with wickedness.

Or at least, that is what princelings and ladies would try to tell you from their cushioned desks, far from the front lines and with glasses of rosé that has not yet lost its coldness when removed from its icebox, placed just behind their chocolates, and right above their leftover cakes. They seek a status quo- one where they are above you, and the biggest mess they have to clean is the perspiration of their glass while your blood screams across the soil. Where are your gloriously competent leaders, Regalians? Hidden behind a bubble instead of smiting me in a beam in light? Escaping on a boat back to an island a day's sail away from our shores? Locked up in royal rooms, squabbling for votes in a system that has failed in this time where bread is less plentiful than bodies?

You, who hide in the countryside, you are not fighting against a monster without a name and against dogs that only whimper when they are exposed to steel. I am Xilthruum, Lich Lord proclaimed as have been said by my bounty, and by the word of Augustin Reinard calling me by title. I own my land, one you have been moved from, and one I have claimed through the art of war the way your noblemen do against their colleagues in the court. But what your masters try to tell you is that you can simply carve your way through meat, and you will reclaim your city. You may do that if you please. After all, they are nothing but godless demons who can't think for themselves, correct?

Dietrich von Drachenburg, one of the wisest strategists of war and voice of the knights. Humaira di Civita, esteemed knight, woman of her word. Reimar of Calemberg, a general so worthy, the city surrendered provinces for his safe return. Gwendolyn Black, pearl and cannon of the sea. Ewan Howlester, nigh sacred his name, and righteous his deeds.

Are these the mindless monsters you plan on putting to the gallows? After all, your hopes of divine intervention shrink further and further by the day. Your gods spared a handful of civilians out of an entire kingdom in exchange for blind worship, and you lack a way to cure the city. This is, as it simply is, a new normal. Once your people become Sanguine, they will never return. Are you to truly abandon all of your friends and family because you are afraid of what goes bump in the night? I assure you, they will scream just as loudly as they did once before, and they will weep the same tears, and bleed the same blood. And you will be the one who has to do it, all in vain.

According to your war dogs in Daenlock, their corpses are precisely what you beg for. And in time, that will be answered. Their success comes from their lack of mercy, for they no longer recognize their brothers and sisters, and they only see a return to the status quo no matter how many loved ones they have to flay within the streets, barking and howling like hyenas. They write papers of their victories, each word scrawled in the blood of your fathers, the blood of your sons, and if you are bitten, the blood of yourself. Use them as something to be influenced by, and maybe, just maybe, you will get your barren, breathless city back at the cost of those names above. If not that, then at the cost of any other loved ones that have found themselves better purpose in my employment than in your servitude. If I must turn the Imperial Navy into scrap metal, so be it. If I must rend the old world to dust, so be it. If I must suffer another century of lashings and a world without the light, so be it. Your city knew nothing of mercy from its start, and it never will, for I was given none, and I shall spare none.

But this war is not against me.
    It is a war against your brothers and sisters.

And I will make it cost everything you are not willing to pay.

GLORY BE TO THE SOLIFUGAE.

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 34
    • Winner Winner x 10
  2. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

One hand gripped the parchment.
    The other, a bloodied rapier.
    It did not belong to him.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

"Anything for victory. That... was the saying, right?"

Haeddi fell silent to ponder, clutching her illicit copy of the paper that had blown in with the wind, settled back into the corner of her cell.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  4. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

~A chorus of uneasy gasps echoed through the Northlake Compound as the sprinkling of white parchment fluttered down upon it's grounds.

Kamirah held out a hand to claw at one of the pamphlets as it rode upon the breeze towards her. Her catlike eyes skimmed the page with an expression that was entirely unreadable, save for a raise and fall of her brows, and a deeply thoughtful purse of her reddened lips.

She discreetly slipped the parchment into her pocket and continued to prowl the grounds.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TheHitchHyker

TheHitchHyker Dead Man's Switch

Her skeletal fingers ran along the paper,
    Both eyes open, reading.
    The souls split pondered,
    "
    Brother against sister, huh? Where have we heard that one before..."
    The eyes shut, the corpse collapsing to the ground. The paper blowing away in the wind.
    This secret will remain in the grave.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

Mathias has been roaming the streets in his clockwork golem. The sounds of calm, deep breathing would have been faintly heard out of its mouth-speaker as it read the document, breaking down the piece into its primal points in moments. Grabbing it, they'd bring it back to 'the Zone', sharing it around.

"Had this been reworded slightly I would have imagined this to be propaganda coming from our own Zone. We know that many of the noble peerage sat idly by while their walls were conquered and their holy city desecrated. They deserve the gates to be locked on them once they're reclaimed. But know well men.. this one calls himself a 'Lord' as well.. he will be the first one out.

We won't sit idly by and play into the Lich 'Lords' delusions, we must call his bluff. The soul makes the person and this disease assails it. We will see this disease cast back to the void where it came. Once that happens may these battered souls on this parchment be truly whole, and we all will have the chance to begin again."

@Wilvahelm @Naz_Cook @happygalli @PumpkinJesus

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
  7. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

"Have you read this?! I've half a mind to go back and expose them the truth of what he really-- No?" Fen'nan stopped just short before the open doorway, recoiling back a step from her fellow, runaway companions, echoing their objections with a scoff, the parchment clutched tightly between her nimble fingers. After a moment, her lips set thinly together as she relucted, arms falling limply to her side in annoyance, "have it your way then." She raised her hand to jab her finger towards them. "But mark my words, it will be soon." Her red, draconic gaze lifted to distantly stare past the doorway, past the woodlands, where she knew the city laid somewhere beyond. "Soon."

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. Naz_Cook

Naz_Cook My mouth is a wormhole for Toohey's Extra Dry

The qadir rolled their wheelchair to the table, placing down the clockwork part he was idly fixing. He peered at the pamflet, reading the relevant segments. "Very rude of them to not have consulted us before acusing us of wanting the corpses of nobles. At least next time, I hope they decide to talk before making any more accusations." He would comment before picking his part back off the table and wheeling himself away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wilvahelm

Wilvahelm The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

"We should start calling ourselves the war dogs. I imagine that was supposed to be an insult but damn, it makes us sound a lot more badass," Marco replied, coughing out a laugh.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

Hessolis just shook their head. As they ran over Gwendolyn’s name in particular. “A little out of touch aren’t we Lich? One of these people no longer belongs to you.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SenorRed

SenorRed Refugee

The Allar scoffed, before setting their mug on the table, as they turned, “So, how much you wanna bet there gonna raid the Kade estate?” They asked, as they handed the piece of paper over to Franz. @bardnotinatavern

• Agree Agree x 1
    #11 SenorRed, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  12. Jcboi5

Jcboi5 professional meme-lord who does mineman rp

A quiet warrior, cloaked in blue, receives one of the pamphlets from the sky while walking around the Kade Estate. Crushing the paper in his hand as he finished reading it, rage filling his heart at the Lich Lord… looking to the fort above, his drive to end his reign, and make the lord pay for his crimes once and for all, reinvigorated.

A rapier bearing a symbol of an Orchid on its hand guard in hand, and armor of gilded bronze donned, pointing to the fort in the sky for a moment.

13. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“Once Xilthrumm used Peace Among Ashes as a mantra but now there is no motto of demetrius’ power.

He also forgets that my fight is for Anya and perhaps for the Empire but not for the nobles. The names on this list fell first and several betrayed him. This is a attempt to make us fear but remember we will be the ones charging into Gray Gate to haul Xilthrumm before his executioner,” the half qadir woman smiled wickedly, “See you soon old master.”

14. garlusa

garlusa WHAT THE SCALLOP

"The Daenlock war dogs .. ." Semrponia sounded out raspily, slowly but surely, a crooked grin found its way dancing to her lips. "Shiet, I gotta agree with Marco here, does make us sound pretty badass. This 'Lord' is just'a pile of bones, we'll kick his ass, and this disease's ass, you bet'cha!"

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PumpkinJesus

PumpkinJesus Refugee

The Azzizzari smothered his sig with his boot as he looked over the Lich’s writings and ramblings. As his companions talked about the name they had given him, the same thought crossed his mind - only feeling a much closer between himself and his allies.

“Cani da guerra? Has a nice ring to it.”

@happygalli@Wilvahelm @MyCatBubbles @Naz_Cook @Testlo

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  16. KonaKitsune

KonaKitsune Aspiring Bard

@Nirnro0t @MayItSnow @SaltyLikeTheSea @DrHasagi

"Fen'nan. Give it time." The Blacksteel-Clad Ailor would respond, his own quill in hand as he wrote down on a parchment. "I know that the rat bastard is flaunting and taunting. But soon enough, he shall fall, and that giant hunk of garbage in the sky shall too collapse into the ocean where it belongs." He glanced up, frowning. "In truth, he knows he is weak. He cannot fight a battle on three fronts. The city is contested by both Cahal and Mercenaries; When the survivors make their move, it will provide ample opportunity for us to make ours." The Ailor let out a sigh, before beginning to furl up the piece of parchment and began to meticulously tie it around an arrow with a piece of twine string. "He will fall. Oh how I long to see those brilliant fireworks again, and to wound him once more." Terrowin finally stood and moved to the doorway, gazing out into the forests of their secular encampment. "The Skeletal Xilthruum, self proclaimed Lich and Lord of none. If e'er there were a greater plaything of the gods, it would be him. But enough on that." The bard turned, outstretching his arms to his fellow survivors. "Tonight, let us feast, my companions. We've preparations to make."

• Immersive Immersive x 3
  17. cosmoons

cosmoons cosmonaut

The elf looked over the crumpled flyer that he'd found. Skyler, a full supporter of the Howlesters, crumpled the parchment in disdain