Blue Blood Noble Family House Vikstrom

Discussion in 'Roleplay Families' started by Annie_Short, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Annie_Short

Annie_Short that short girl

┌─────────────────────────────────═━┈━═──────────────────────────────────┐
    ◈ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ◈
    ╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
    [​IMG]
    ╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
    ◈ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ◈
    └─────────────────────────────────═━┈━═──────────────────────────────────┘
    ⇌••⇋ HOUSE INFORMATION ⇌••⇋
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Name House Vikstrom
    ◦ ≫ Matriarch ❘ Tuija Ardigesdottir Viduggla Vikstrom
    ◦ ≫ Patriarch ❘ Allestane Aurelius Tempetyr-Delmotte Vikstrom
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Race ❘ Ailor
    ◦ ≫ Culture ❘ Regalizing Velheim
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Religion ❘ Unionism
    ◦ ≫ Patrons ❘ Juvin, Alexander, Neall & Nolven, and Eirlys
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Holdings ❘ County of Oxenfurd, Steerland
    ❖ ◦ ≫ House Trade ❘ Maritime Commerce, Cattle Raising, Farming (Grain Production)
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Colors ❘ Deep hues of Blue, Red, & Gold
    ❖ ◦ ≫ House Animal ❘ TBD Soon!
    ❖ ◦ ≫
    Symbols ❘ Crashing Waves, Maritime & Unionist Symbols,
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Motto ❘ Enhet i Mångfald, Kraft i Tro
    ◦ ≫ Common Translation | Unity in Diversity. Strength in Faith
    |
    ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    [​IMG]
    ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    |
    ⇌••⇋ MAIN THEME ⇌••⇋
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Synopsis ❘ Seekers of Knowledge, Servants of the Everwatcher & Empire
    ◦ ≫ House Vikstrom was known to hold a prominent presence within the Imperial Court and Government. Their duty to the Empire and strong devotion to the Everwatcher have built their values in bettering the Empire in the name of their faith and pursuing knowledge unknown.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Political Leaning | Progressive Mandaters
    ◦ ≫ House Vikstrom is known for prioritizing the wellness and prosperity of the Empire and usually takes a pragmatic approach to politics. Their concerns lie in safeguarding the faith and the stability of the Empire, striving to maintain a balance or middle ground between the various houses within the nobility. While House Vsiktrom refrains from engaging in political debates unless an issue directly impacts the faith or status of the Empire, there are moments when it is deemed essential to protect the interests of the Empire and faith and choose a side.
    |
    ⇌••⇋ FAMILY VALUE ⇌••⇋
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Wisdom | House Vikstrom applies knowledge and experience to make informed decisions. Now established in Oxenfurd, House Vikström has focused on bettering accessibility to knowledge to better educate citizens of the Empire.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Faith | Rooted beliefs in Unionism have created a sense of unity and purpose within House Vikstrom. It provides them the strength to endure challenges and foster a bond between the many families of the Empire to work towards a common goal in the Everwacther and Emperor’s name.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Loyalty | Unwavering loyalty to the Empire is important in creating a foundation of reliability and trust. Devoting their efforts in the name of the empire, their Velheim origins are what makes this vow so resolute.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Service | Embedded in their beliefs, a commitment to contribute towards the Empire was made the day House Vikstrom was entrusted with their holdings. This sense of responsibility is held as this house remains devout in its allegiance to the Emperor.
    |
    [​IMG]
    |
    ⇌••⇋ FAMILY HISTORY ⇌••⇋
    ❖ ◦ ≫ History of Vikstrom
    ◦ ≫ House Vikstrom, a distinguished branch off of House Viduggla, emerged due to a difference in values and principles. Initially, this separation proved to be beneficial as House Vikstrom garnered acclaim for their progressive endeavors aimed at enhancing the well-being of their holdings. However, as time progressed within the Empire, House Vikstrom's ideals underwent a transformation. While their dedication to the welfare of the people remained, their beliefs found a new foundation in the faith of Unionism and the promising vision of Regalization. This shift encountered resistance from the majority of Velheim populace, gradually fostering tensions between the House and the people. Over the course of time, House Vikstrom evolved and adapted to align with the values of the Empire, striving to embody the idea of Regalization, all in the pursuit of ushering in a brighter future under the Emperor's esteemed mantle.
    |
    ◦ ≫ In due course, House Vikstrom came to recognize that their endeavors to encourage the Velheim populace to embrace these principles and be receptive to new ideas had fomented a silent unease. This unrest escalated notably after the matriarch's embrace of the Unionist Faith. Though the Velheim people never publicly voiced dissent against House Vikstrom, the matriarch discerned that their ideals wouldn't find resonance here, despite the transformative changes she made to develop her realm and enhance the lives of her people. Consequently, a decision was made, and the matriarch received a warm welcome to assume control over new holdings in a Regalized region of Steerland.
    |
    ◦ ≫ Fresh to these lands, House Vikstrom immersed themselves in a study of the geography and invested considerable effort in enhancing various domains of the county. These endeavors served as a testament to their unwavering commitment to the well-being of the people under their newfound stewardship.

⇌••⇋ FAMILY MEMBERS ⇌••⇋
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Countess Tuija Vikstrom | @Annie_Short
    ◦ ≫ A new albeit notable figure within the Unionist faith, the Countess of Oxenfurd devots herself as an Everian to the faith and also performs the role of Imperial Hostess. Her dedication to being a present figure and spreading the good word of the Emperor and Everwatcher has been noticed by her many peers.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Count Allestane Vikstrom | @Yui_Drax
    ◦ ≫ Partaking in the role of a commander or generally a leadership position in past wars, he favors the broad perspective rather than the narrow one. Generally stoic amidst strangers and acquaintances, he acts the opposite with those he trusts and continues to lead for the betterment of the Empire and its people.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Lady Rhea Vikstrom | @Hautee
    ◦ ≫ The passionate Lady Rhea could be seen as the waves of the sea with her ever-changing nature. A mage at heart, the lady strives to better the lives and understanding of mages around the city and Empire and is known to speak her honest opinion and disregard the etiquette of the courts at times.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Lady Estrith Vikstrom | @Mystiluu
    ◦ ≫ Taking after the matriarch, Lady Estrith, and the Countess have a close bond due to her conversion and vow to serve the faith. While the Lady may have a stronger distaste for the Occult, she attempts to serve dutifully but her opinion can be visibly seen even if unspoken.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Lady Elisif Vikstrom | OPEN
    ◦ ≫ One of the more firm believers of the Old Gods faith, Lady Elisif still holds her main family’s religion in her heart but serves in the house as a well-equipped woman of business and currently runs her own business in the city.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Lady Mie Vikstrom | @Senpah
    ◦ ≫ Lady Mie is in a constant battle of questioning her faith as she embraces the new ideals of Unionism but also wishes to stick to her family’s roots. While this does not fully occupy her time, the Lady is an avid reader and enjoys discovering and building off new concepts within the fields of the occult.

Have an idea for a family member? Or perhaps wish to work on our staff? Shoot me a DM or apply here on the page!
    DISCORD: annietheshort
    |
    [​IMG]
    |
    ⇌••⇋ PLOT HOOKS ⇌••⇋
    ❖ ◦ ≫ County of Oxenfurd | | House Vikstrom now presides over the County of Oxenfurd, the capital of Steerland.
    ◦ ≫ Oxenfurd serves as a capital of knowledge and trade upon the Schönn River.◦ ≫ The region is known for the established Citadel of Divine Wisdom, a library and public temple dedicated to the matriarch’s patron Juvin.
    ◦ ≫ The
    Oxfurd Order of the Bloodcast, which is the oldest established branch of the Knight Order is also established in this region,
    If your character is religious, from the region, feel free to add that you visited!
    ≫ If your character is a member of the Bloodcast Order, specifically the Oxfurd Order, feel free to add personal hatred or respect for the house from interactions or personal biases.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Capital of Knowledge | | House Vikstrom oversees the county of Narlas
    ◦ ≫ The region of Narlas is known for two of the finest Academies in the Archipelago.
    ◦ ≫ The Regalian Naval Academy is focused on training the finest seafarers for military service to the Empire.
    ◦ ≫ The Narlas College for Commerce trains the finest accountants, bankers, and businessmen to spread wealth about the Empire through trade.

If your character attended, you could say you are familiar with Tuija or Allestane as they frequent the Academies to showcase support.
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Member of the Court & Government | | Tuija has been named multiple positions throughout her time in Regalia.
    ◦ ≫ Manager of Community Outreach under the Alms Minister Sivird Sorenvik. She offered public events to raise money and teach the public about certain topics of interest.
    ◦ ≫ Mistress of Celebrations which served as a member of the Imperial Court and the public as an event hoster to spread enjoyment to the citizens of the Empire.
    ◦ ≫ Minister of Commerce was her first position within the Government with its own title. This position aimed to help serve the businesses of Regalia and offer them financial support in times of struggle.
    ◦ ≫ Minister of Development her second position within the Government, this ministry aimed to better the structure of the city through construction sites requested by the public.
    ◦ ≫ Imperial Hostess her current position is similar to the Mistress of Celebrations where she offers events targeted at the public as a whole in the name of the Imperial Family to raise favor within the city.

If your character has helped with any of these positions, feel free to say you are familiar with Tuija!
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Blessing of Juvin | | Tuija is blessed by the Duo God Juvin.
    ◦ ≫ Gifted with Juvin’s Divine Powers, Tuija now serves as a blessed Everian and offers her gifts to the public to spread the words and teachings of the Gods of Unionism.
    ≫ If your character is an Everian or Unionist faithful, you are more than welcome to say you have witnessed one of her sermons or seen her powers used!
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Legion Commander | | Allestane’s adult life was almost entirely in the military and has garnered him a name within the Regalian Military.
    ◦ ≫ An alumni of the Calemburg Ordner School, Allestane has many connections to the soldiers who also attended, gaining him allies across the Archipelago.
    ◦ ≫ Allestane served during the First Songaskian War, Battle of Curag Fields, Second Songaskian War, Elven War, Dread War, and Sendrassian War making him a decorated member of the military.
    ◦ ≫ Now Allestane has settled and currently teaches as a professor at the Regalian Marshal Academy, gaining him a name among new pledges.

Have a character that served in these wars? Say you are familiar with Allestane or even reach out to set up a relationship!
    |
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Foreign Explorer | | House Vikstrom is built upon the desire to discover and record knowledge lost or unknown to the Regalian Empire.
    ◦ ≫ Leading many expeditions across the Archipelago, Tuija was the first recorded person to open the Seraphs in Jorrhildr and record her findings, offering them to scholars across the Archipelago for further research.
    Does your character have an interest in this? Say you are familiar with her expedition or even speak to her about it!
    |
    ⇌••⇋ RECRUITMENT ⇌••⇋
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Family Recruitment | Open!
    ◦ ≫ We are currently accepting family members! If you wish to apply reach out to @Annie_Short and we can discuss!
    ❖ ◦ ≫ Staff Recruitment | Open!
    ◦ ≫ We are always looking for guards, servants, and advisors within the house. If you are interested in getting involved in noble or political RP but not being in the center of a discussion, reach out to @Yui_Drax!

Special Thanks to @kirishark and @Halsi for letting me mimic their formatting!

• Powerful Powerful x 22
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 Annie_Short, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  2. Annie_Short

We are actively recruiting both Family Members & House Staff!

#2 Annie_Short, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  3. King_Sylar

King_Sylar

IGN: King_Sylar

Preferred Character: Mikael Nordhjem av Upplanda (If it’s ok, could Mikael be exchanged for Soren? Mainly because I would want my main character to roleplay as a noble)

Character concept: A skilled fighter in glaive and unarmed combat, many find it surprising that Mikael is a good mannered and law-abiding fellow. Polite to all, in private and public, he upholds his family’s honour with reverence. At 6’2 with an athletic body and smoothly sculpted face, he gets looks from the local markets where he visits often. Mikael makes it a point to know how to cook should he need to sustain himself without servants. He is not very outspoken, but can maintain conversation if needs be, with difficulty of course. At two ends of the spectrum he is either found in the Regalian Library with his nose furrowed and buried deep into the crevice of a book, or in the Arenacourt, perspiring due to his lucid movements and agility. As the oldest of his siblings, he cares for them and is overprotective. Overall, a friendly representative of the House. Recently he has taken a liking to collecting antiques and items of histrocial value.

RP Weaknesses: Political Roleplay, though willing to give it a try.

RP Strengths: Combat Roleplay. A bit of lore Roleplay.

Player References: @CritThis , @RaggedyGrace

Reason for Applying: I want to spice up the noble RP with a bit more interaction with commoners. On the other hand I would love to coincide with the royalty too. In Regalia, I am seeking diversity in activities between social classes, and becoming a noble is, in my opinion, the best way to do it. Also, new House pog.

#3 King_Sylar, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  4. Annie_Short

Please message me on discord and we can discuss a few things! Discord:《◭Annie◮》#1073

5. DahStalker

DahStalker Pollo

IGN: Papi_Pollo
    Preferred Character: Ellisif Nordhjem av Hylgeberge
    Character Concept: A simple shield woman who admires writing, hunting, horse riding and cooking. Simple and sweet. Enjoys socializing full-heartedly as well as combat events once in awhile.
    RP Weaknesses:Probably Political rp. Never done it before on massivecraft though have experience on different platforms.
    RP Strengths: Event-planning rp, CRP
    ⤜ Player References: I suppose members of the Cadieux family and my friend ChapterDeath
    Reason for Applying: I think it’d be nice to roleplay as a noble to interact with my friends within that rp scene without roleplaying another of those “I want to be in noble scene pls” commoners as Lhoris. This family also looks unique and interesting as a try for my first noble rp.

6. Annie_Short

Forgot to reply to this on here but we have discussed in DMs (sorry for the ping!)

7. LeonIsLame

LeonIsLame little german boy

IGN: LeonIsLame
    Preferred Character: Mikael Nordhjem av Upplanda
    Character Concept: Mikael is a seafarer through and through, having spent a large chunk of his life away from his family travelling foreign lands. He is often loud and likes to joke around, even if people don’t share his sense of humor.
    The young man loves telling people stories of his travels and places that he’s been too, often exaggerating in his descriptions. One of the more Imperial members of the family, he has also developed a large interest in fashion, being almost never seen without some form of his signature white fur.
    Mikael is quite curious, though he much prefers travelling and talking to people than reading about things in a dark room.
    RP Weaknesses: I struggle in larger social settings, which I of course want to try and change by participating in and perhaps organizing more events, and by playing a more extroverted character.
    RP Strengths: I fare pretty well in CRP, political roleplay and while roleplaying with smaller groups.
    Player References: @Simslp , @FutureTeller
    Reason for Applying: I have been a bit absent from Massive in the last couple months, and I miss noble roleplay especially. I really like Velheim and Imperial culture, and I haven’t had the chance to make a character of either of those yet. I’m also hoping to maybe find some new people to roleplay with outside of my typical friend group.

8. Annie_Short

Accepted for a trial run!! (as discussed in DMS) I'll be sending you over everything shortly!

9. LotusTwist

LotusTwist Refugee

IGN: Malir Bromtor
    Preferred Character: Ellisif Nordhjem av Hylgeberge
    Character Concept: A shy and soft spoken soul. Trying to find a deeper relationship with her Faith in the Old Gods and to find purpose in her day to day life.
    RP Weaknesses: Currently I need a bit of drive to RP, I want to get better and get more active. Also indepth geography and politic RP can be loss on me at times.
    RP Strengths: Casual RP, and general Event RP
    Player References: None
    Reason for Applying: Trying to fine a spot in roleplay that I fit in a bit better and work on my activity.

10. Annie_Short

Accepted for a trial run!! (as discussed in DMS) We will get you all set up shortly, welcome to the family!

11. Annie_Short

Recruitment is now closed for the time being! Unless you are desperately wishing to play someone within the House, consider looking at our House Staff positions!

12. Mystiluu

Mystiluu Mystiluu Supremium

⤜ IGN: Mystiluu
    ⤜ Preferred Character: Viktoria Nordhjem av Lundenes
    ⤜ Character Concept: A younger girl who is beginning to be trained as a Sage, knows sorcery. (Along with some other things we have discussed.)
    ⤜ RP Weaknesses: Politics, but I can learn.
    ⤜ RP Strengths: Some combat rp, shop rp, talking in general.
    ⤜ Player References: HeyItzAPotato Cipherition
    ⤜ Reason for Applying: I would like to help create fun rp, along with get fun rp in return. This would be my second noble character and second experience.

13. Annie_Short

Accepted for a trial run!! (as discussed in DMS) We will get you all set up shortly, welcome to the family!

14. TrustyasHeck

TrustyasHeck

IGN: TrustyasHeck
    Preferred Character: Thyra Nordhjem
    Character Concept: I'm fairly comfortable with the set role - a patron of the arts that works largely in tailoring with metalweaving techniques. As far as personality goes, I would imagine her to be a brusque, but kind, slightly maternal figure despite being a younger character than a true matron (likely somewhere from 22-29). Kind of the, cluck her tongue, pursed lips, "How did you get that hem ripped, come here, let me have a look at you". No-nonsense on the job but soft outside of it, wise to the Game while also being slightly apart from it due to her position being largely indirect - because her brother is the main link to nobility via adoption. She would still act with decorum, but perhaps a little more 'common' in attitude in that she is down to earth and unlikely to sink her teeth into the elevated status and believe she is entitled to anything more than she earns with her craft. She would be a stout believer in the Founder Gods.
    RP Weaknesses: This would be my first time playing a noble here on Massivecraft and as a result I am new to it; I will likely have many questions and may require assistance. I am also a little impulsive and take calculated risks on a whim, so long as it fits the character's motivations, thought processes, and story; though being a dwarf, I imagine my influence in that regard, on this character, would be minimal.
    RP Strengths: I have been roleplaying across various media for eighteen years now, and writing and such as well. While I'm by no means perfect I've got a lot of experience - I understand a fair few concepts. I enjoy politicking and subterfuge, though I'm a little rusty as I haven't had many opportunities to really get into them, but I'm enthusiastic and learn quickly.
    Player References: I don't know if I have anyone that would be willing to speak highly of me; but even so, I like to earn things for myself so in a way I feel this is a good thing. I'd rather earn (or not) a position on my own merit, rather than because I have a well known person speaking in my favour. I tend to put a lot of effort into my characters, so you can expect if nothing else for me to put care and love and effort into any character that you may decide is worth accepting.
    Reason for Applying: I'm interested in breaking into the Noble scene, learning more about Nobles, and trying out a fun Dwarf character. I enjoy roleplay and trying new things. I'd be happy to go for a house staff position as well if that might be best - I'm sure you'll know why I say this given our discussion over the VC and the somewhat recent mention that applications are closed - but I would love to get to contribute meaningfully and I have a preconception that this is the best way at the moment which I'm happy to negotiate on. House Nordhjem is an interesting, well thought out, and approachable seeming House and I love the effort that has been put in; plus, the head is very nice. So, I like the idea of starting out here. : )

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Senpah

Senpah Fixated Writer

IGN: Senpah
    Preferred Character: Viktoria Nordhjem av Lundenes (Could I rename her if possible?)
    Character Concept: Viktoria is an individual brought up beneath the bounds of health and wellness with only conventional activities for her engagement with her being the “frail one” of her immediate family, she has become quiet and content with the calmer activities of the household, having the inclination to be confined to the bounds of her private quarters in isolation from anyone during periods of crowded celebrations.
    RP Weaknesses: There are a few issues that I noticed throughout the years that I have been roleplaying and that falls down to remembering long-term IC information (unless written down) or paying attention during long periods of active roleplay (i.e., assemblies, prolonged political roleplay, and large groups); the second one generally runs between three to four hours of consistent roleplay before I become a bit inattentive before falling out altogether. I will remember some information though, just not detailed bits and pieces after a few days so if I were to ask to recollect something that happened IC when it is no longer considered "relevant" in my head, I won't remember without notes.
    RP Strengths: I would say that my biggest strength comes down to my experience with the roleplay environment and how it generally works. Though I am by far not the most active person in the noble scene in terms of engagement and presence, I do try to be there whenever I can even if it is small group roleplay that lasts only an hour. I try my best to give my best. I try to be engaged and involved as long as I can when I can despite having some issues here and there with larger groups.
    Player References: @Vivamente
    Reason for Applying: Spoke in DMs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Annie_Short

17. Kadius

Kadius

IGN - Kadius
    Preferred Characters - Ellisif Nordhjem av Hylgeberge
    Concept - Spoken over discord, though in short, Unionist priestess that wants to try and convert the family to Unionism, devoted mainly to Elen.
    Strengths and Weaknesses - Been a while since I've rp'd, hard to say.
    Player Refs - N/A
    Reason for Applying - Live that noble life!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  18. Annie_Short

Accepted for a trial run! We will get you set up soon!

19. Granolas

Granolas

⤜ IGN: zuziee
    ⤜ Preferred Character: Primrose (rename to Aniabel)
    ⤜ Character Concept: I would stick to the prescribed character concept of being very approachable, kind, and generous. However, I’d take a more whimsical approach and have her be into strange superstitions and be very gullible.
    ⤜ RP Weaknesses: Keeping up with the overarching story of the world and I’m rusty at CRP
    ⤜ RP Strengths: great storyteller, focused shop owner, good at planning/creating fun content for others to interact with
    ⤜ Player References: been a while since I've played on massive, so I have none! But I've been playing off and on for 6 years
    ⤜ Reason for Applying: I’m interested in taking a step back into massivecraft!

#19 Granolas, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  20. Annie_Short

You have been accepted for a trial run! I'll DM you and get you set up!

• Useful Useful x 1
  21. Ameritriot

Ameritriot

IGN: Ameritriot
    Preferred Character: 'Ellisif' Vikstrom
    Character Concept: Ellisif is, in actuality, a Slizzar that has killed the original Ellisif and assumed her identity recently, she'd be of the Old Gods religion though very open to conversion as a means to get closer to the matriarch. Due to the Slizzar's advanced age, she'd be a historical teacher/philosopher while assuming the role of a young politician attempting to learn under the Vikstrom family.
    RP Weaknesses: Im terrible at CRP, and I haven't been keeping up with progressions.
    RP Strengths: I ran a moderately successful shop in the past and I know how to keep up a conversation between characters.
    Player References - @Peachici
    Reason for Applying - Just to get into noble role-play while also making a more true-to-form Slizzar!

22. Annie_Short

Accepted! We will chat more soon in DMs but I will get you set up!