Upon Mercy And Inclusion

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by bwmwags3, Aug 6, 2021.

?

Would your character want a redemption arc?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. I’m confused on how to do a redemption arc

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

All across the city pamphlets would be distributed with this work. Yet for the most part it would be found in Old Town, Petal Court, and New Crookback. For those unable to read helpful criers would read the work for those who ask free of charge.

[​IMG]
    Upon Mercy and Inclusion
    By: Lord Celate Atum Morathes
    It is the conception of many that Regalians, especially those of religious orders or noble blood, don’t care about those rejected or disillusioned with the empire. Today, I shall endeavor to remove such doubts and shed light upon a cornerstone of Unionist belief which forms the bedrock of not just religious belief but of the duties and motivations behind the Alms Ministry.

“It is our duty to guide and not to judge, it is our duty to heal and not to harm, it is our duty to assist all who seek it and not to allow prejudice or vanity to shape our duties.”

-Celate Fronz von Calemberg
    (Mentor of the College of Divinity)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

God Empress Ness
    (the Mutt Mother)

God Empress Ness, like all the God Emperors and Empresses, once lived on Aloria as a mortal woman. She was the wife of Emperor Henri I but in their early marriage the Empress resented her husband. From this resentment came many unfaithful acts in word and deed against her husband. Eventually she was caught and with the weight of many sins was blinded as punishment. She bore her resentment and suffering for many years until her first born child, Bartolomeux, was born.

When Bartolomeux was born the pride and love of motherhood stirred in Ness’ heart causing her to reflect upon the resentment she harbored toward her husband. He had given her something that she loved with all her heart causing resentment to give way to gratitude for her child. She repented for her sins and, in return, The Everwatcher restored the Empress’ sight. Empress Ness would go on to spend many devoted years raising her sons Bartolomeux, Carvallais and Maxelle.

Once her son Bartolomeux became Emperor he was assassinated. Then as each sibling became Emperor they were likewise slain. Eventually, the three assassins of each Emperor were brought before Empress Ness. Each begged for mercy from the Empress, from the Mother whose beloved children they butchered. Where most would order a punishment of equal brutality for such heinous crimes. Empress Ness looked down at these souls clawing and sobbing at her feet then from the deepest part of her heart gave them forgiveness.

Such penultimate mercy stunned the criminals; each was inspired by this gift of kindness and resolved to forge new lives free of their past sins. Empress Ness went on to exemplify the true beliefs of Unionism. Though living in a time when Ailor supremacy was a common belief, when half-ailor were treated with disgust by most Ailor, and when religious groups brutalized non-ailor in the name of racial supremacy, Empress Ness became a protector and provider for non-ailor, for half races, for the downtrodden, and for those who felt rejected by the Empire. She acted as a loving mother to all, gaining the title of “Mutt Mother” spoken with pride by non-ailor who recognized her as the symbol of racial acceptance and charity uplifted by unionism.

“God Empress Ness forgave the killers of her children. How then can we refuse to forgive the sins of Kathar, of Altalar, or of any race who desires to repent for their sins regardless of faith. Never close your ears to the guilty or the forgotten for it’s not the right of any Unionist to place themself above granting the same mercy as God Empress Ness.”

-Celate Cassiaan Hade
    (Celate of the Nessilia Cult)​

[​IMG]
    The duties of a Celate

The message of absolution, charity, and guidance championed by God Empress Ness is a foundation of several of the duties performed by priests and priestesses of Unionism. Two of the most relevant to the non-unionist or to those desiring guidance and mercy are Relievings and Healings.

A relieving is a private affair where a person, of any belief, seeks out a Celate. The Celate will listen to the person confess or discuss sins and things they feel guilty about. The Celate will offer advice, compassion, or encouragement using their own experiences and principles to assist the person in moving forward. All clergy are oath bound to never disclose or reveal anything discussed in relievings (including to any authority in the Empire). To break this oath is to violate the sacred words of The Creed and become a heretic who shall be burned at the stake.

Many, myself included, will sooner throw ourselves upon the pyre then break the trust of those who come seeking any form of religious service.

A hearing is when a group of up to three people seek out one or more Celates to receive guidance about issues in their life. From asking for education about doctrine to working through familial issues and grief—hearings provide a chance to find peace for those in turmoil. Celates will often use unionist belief and philosophy along with personal experience in this pursuit so that should be acknowledged when deciding to seek one.

To close this, I desire to emphasize the inclusion of unionist services through a personal experience. When I was training under Fronz von Calemberg two kathar, a man and woman, came into the temple of Ness. Both had markings and mutations of a dark nature but acted with quiet unease as they walked toward us. The Celate spoke to these followers of darkness with such kind and welcoming words it shocked me to my core. He asked them if they had come for assistance which they answered with cautious nods.

His divine gave a soft smile to the two and led them off. I would later be told by some locals that the kathars came from a Khaal, a family, which fought against the Empire in the Dread War. My response, which I once thought patriotic and pious, was to go to Celate Fronz and demand that such kathar be barred from the temples for being so close to traitors of the Empire.

Celate Fronz simply shook his head and replied, “No Atum I will not bar them from any temple. No matter who walks into this or any temple it’s our duty to assist them. It does not matter if they are void worshippers, criminals, monsters, or occult practitioners, if they come seeking our assistance it’s our divine task to help them.”

He then directed my attention to the statue of God Empress Ness. Which stood in steel upon a pedestal with three chained criminals kneeling at her feet. Each face etched with the astonished gratitude of sinners granted true forgiveness.

“We have no right to deny those seeking help in good faith. Never forget Atum even those who practice demonic faiths can feel the reforming influences of Empress Ness: guilt, shame, a desire to repent. Likewise they can feel freedom, liberation, and forgiveness; with these emotions all can find redemption under faith or with guidance from us.”

Looking up at the statue of Ness, I felt an intense chill of shame for my actions and asked my elder Celate to forgive my insensitivity. He simply smiled and nodded telling me I was forgiven.

[​IMG]
    Where to seek Celate’s

With the information garnered from this sermon many may be wondering how to seek a Celate. To assist with this I will extend the names and doctrinal differences of the celates currently known to me.

(Most of the Celates can be contacted to arrange meetings or found ministering at The Temples, Salvation Church, or the Non-denominational Chapel in the Alms Sanctuary)

Henry Stevenson (Celate) [Dogmatic Unionism]

Lord Atum Morathes (Celate) [Dogmatic Unionism]

Note: While dogmatic unionists see magic and occult powers as corruptive (but usable if marshaled in service to the empire or legal aims). We will not reject those of occult nature from our services. Though it is advisable those desiring a more pro-occult perspective seek out a Vultragon or Silver Shroud aligned Celate.

Grand Duke Petrou (Celate) [Evitarian Unionim]

Alexi Petralia (Celate) [Themyic Sect- of Evitarian Unionism]

Note: Her divine is likely one of those most known to the denizens of Crookback. For her church may be found at its entrance, her divine though guiding the resurrected is also a guide of the living. Those who desire to not leave Crookback may happily seek her guidance (as well as ask any Celate without ennoblement to freely visit them in Crookback)

Amdilin dei Savarolesta (Celate) [Vultragon Unionism]

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    #1 bwmwags3, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

On the pamphlet closest to the Salvation Temple, a small note was written and attached nearby:

I do not wholly share the views of the author of this parchment when it concerns the various Schisms. I cannot in good faith wholly support schismatic beliefs that are contrary to how The Creed should be interpreted. While our disagreements as of late are through written and spoken word rather than by the sword, disagreements remain all the same.

I shall also note that otherworldly corruption goes far beyond what is visible, and such invisible corruption of mind and action is even more damaging, if not countered by internal spiritual reflection.

I encourage those who wish for a personalized response to their spirituality to seek a priest out rather than assume a generalization from the writings on a paper. Each conversation is as diverse as there are individuals, as what matters for one person is not universal to all.

Everwatcher guide your way, dear reader.

Dr. Henry Stevenson
    Arch-Celate of the Calemberg Divine College of Divinity

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Apologies for the mistakes upon your titles Arch-Celate Stevenson. I am glad to have your response point out that my words should be taken as my own. I encourage all likewise to not assume generalizations from my understandings of my fellow Clergy and to be aware all of us are individuals.

Everwatcher Guide your way,

-Lord Atum Morathes

Celate of the Calemburg Divinity College of Divinity.

Apologies for having to deliver this via forums I’m out of town right now or I would’ve sought to deliver this ic. Also thanks for helping me see the proper way to put down a Celate’s title in a signature Firefan much appreciated.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Bearacuda

Bearacuda I am crime man

Your images don't work.

5. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Yep Couldn’t get rid of them after I figured out how to make the dividers work.

6. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

delete the img code in the bb code editor, right corner of tool bar

7. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Welp the entire thing went strange when I tried to fix it so uh. Yep if the images are still there I am sorry but they’re gonna be stuck.

8. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

Amdilin dei Savarolesta stopped to read one of the pamphlets on their morning visit to the Arch-temple. They smiled slightly as they read through the message and then paused upon getting to the bottom. "At least two Dogmatic Celates, two Evinter Celates, and then... just me, for now." They paused for a moment, thinking, before they said "Then I shall work twice as hard." before heading into the temple.

• Winner Winner x 1