Archived [suggestions/improvments] Chat System.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XSacrificeXzb

Shinigami of WhiteRoses
Reaction score
So i've been wondering about the chat system. And it would be really good if we could have a own
Recruitment chat so only factions who is currently recruiting would be able to announce it there. It's maybe lame and unneccessary but still, it would improve our way to get more members,

Also I think I have mentioned this in the past, that we would be able to create a separte private chat in the faction like the team have. But only the leader could decide the permissions for it, for example if the half of your faction is doing another mission which the leader have given the others could join that team chat so they can talk about/focus on their thing. Or in case they would like to do it in private for two people but that is to much already because you could just simply go to a safe place and talk in local.

And the last thing would be that a faction (doesn't matter if they are truce/neutral/allies/enemies) would be able to send a message to another faction. In case they would like to say something to the other faction members which they maybe are in war with and they couldn't talk in the ally chat because they are enemies of course. So the command for it would be something like
/f chat,c,tell,say [faction name] <text> or something similar.

-Regards-

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So i've been wondering about the chat system. And it would be really good if we could have a own
Recruitment chat so only factions who is currently recruiting would be able to announce it there. It's maybe lame and unneccessary but still, it would improve our way to get more members.

A recruitment chat is considered already to my knowledge, but we didn't want to rush it out since we didn't see the need at the very moment. With sharding comming up, we might instate one.
Also I think I have mentioned this in the past, that we would be able to create a separte private chat in the faction like the team have. But only the leader could decide the permissions for it, for example if the half of your faction is doing another mission which the leader have given the others could join that team chat so they can talk about/focus on their thing. Or in case they would like to do it in private for two people but that is to much already because you could just simply go to a safe place and talk in local.

This would require a good bunch of coding and is not possible yet. Maybe some sort of chat-rooms get considered (but not limited to factions) over time, yet using third party tools (skype or teamspeak) are better for talking with more people and organising them.
And the last thing would be that a faction (doesn't matter if they are truce/neutral/allies/enemies) would be able to send a message to another faction. In case they would like to say something to the other faction members which they maybe are in war with and they couldn't talk in the ally chat because they are enemies of course. So the command for it would be something like
/f chat,c,tell,say [faction name] <text> or something similar.
Such a chat is a good idea, but I see some issues there:
  • The chat could be source of abusing. Much like with private messages someone could spam you. An ignore command would have to be implemented aswell.
  • Why should you want to talk to a whole faction if they are enemies to you other than taking them down and doing bad stuff? People are not as responsible as you might think.
  • If you still have something to tell a faction, using global chat for that once isn't too bad actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.