Archived Faction Message Of The Day!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

micah

Cursed Prince of a Dead Line.
Reaction score
Faction
Shadow Legion
Kingdom
Shadow Walkers
As a faction co-leader, I have always had a hard time telling updates of the faction and things needed to members, they are never all online and sometime just want it repeated. So I came up with Faction Message of the Day, just have a command in the faction leader list for writing what will appear to all faction members when they log on and every once in a while. (my first idea was to have mass signs that all changed when one changed, but that would be harder.)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
or you just make a building with a gaint "to-do" wall, put it full with signs with "what-to-do" stuff, you can do the same for announcments

Something similar to this was proposed recently. In any case, I support the idea of a login message for all the faction members to see.

While we do use message boards with signs and several private forum threads to help us communicate within the faction, an easily changed message of the day would very helpful.

levers

It would be handy for people in different timezones. Aswell @arthur my (old one i have none anymore) to-do/news board was just not beeing looked at... A message in chat though, would be much more of a catching the eye and if you could do collors maybe like: Important in red so everyone notices it.

or you just make a building with a gaint "to-do" wall, put it full with signs with "what-to-do" stuff, you can do the same for announcments
The faction I currently work in has 3 different bases (going on 4) made for different people with different races and jobs. Its a pain making 4 message boards saying the same things especially if you don't know if the'll read it anyways.

The factions description is sometimes used for this, but I suppose this is a small adjustment to the coding, and would benefit a lot.
1+ Supported.

I concur, and would love this.

"Hide, it's Raptum again"

Will be everyone's...

I did not expect all these agrees! thanks!

out of curiosity, what does it take for the staff to read and approve these?

I dont really see how this would be needed, not a great addition in my opinion.

these 14 people seem to disagree...

I dont really see how this would be needed, not a great addition in my opinion.

Fair enough -- examples! Thinking back over the past week, here are some likely messages I would have used:

Sun: All, check forum thread for discussion on naming party drinks. Input needed.
Mon: Time to work on grinding potions for the fair. Check Gilead Keep board for names/dropoff!
Tue: Who slaughtered most of the chickens? Msg levers. Tall Tale Brandy done, others pots needed.
Wed: Keep an eye out for someone excavating outside the western wall. Lightning Cider completed.
Thu: Someone, again with the chickens? Still need half a chest of Mountain Bitter named.
Today: Be sure to check the forums to add support to the Fac motd thread! Need cake for the fair.

And so on. Even with a message board in game and a private thread on the forums, it would be very handy.

levers

Fair enough -- examples! Thinking back over the past week, here are some likely messages I would have used:

Sun: All, check forum thread for discussion on naming party drinks. Input needed.
Mon: Time to work on grinding potions for the fair. Check Gilead Keep board for names/dropoff!
Tue: Who slaughtered most of the chickens? Msg levers. Tall Tale Brandy done, others pots needed.
Wed: Keep an eye out for someone excavating outside the western wall. Lightning Cider completed.
Thu: Someone, again with the chickens? Still need half a chest of Mountain Bitter named.
Today: Be sure to check the forums to add support to the Fac motd thread! Need cake for the fair.

And so on. Even with a message board in game and a private thread on the forums, it would be very handy.

levers
Wouldnt a skype chat/forum conversation for the faction do the same thing?
I still dont see how this is a must have.

I wouldn't say it's a must have, but it's certainly useful. In the examples and my earlier text I reference both our in-game signs and our private message thread in the forum. However, we have a number of players though that don't check those things on a regular basis and I know there are some players out there who cannot use the forums due to restrictions placed upon them by parents.

levers

I somewhat agree, most do such already.
However, in all honesty, how many people who do not have a skype wish to create one, or perhaps make a forum account. Also, being a LARGE group chat depending on the faction would mean people would set their status to "Do not Disturb" and probably not ever read what happened before for the next few days, because you're playing Minecraft, they don't want all those "Ding" noises, do they, and it's just much more convenient to have it in game for the sake of not needing to install a program or go through any large bit of hassle.
(To the players though. Yes, I do take into account how it may affect the time of the Administrators, but this is to most a quite useful and decent plugin.)

People are making this seem better than I imagined...

This would make sending faction announcements out way easier than /m s name 1-22 that I needed to do when I decided we were moving to Docktown...

I for one, and I must not be the only one, enjoy to have in game communication means for in game matters, keep the forums for "out game" discussions and skype for private things, not mix up communication channels.

Basically, I like things to be sorted. That would help in that purpose, that's why I support it :)

so the main reason is because we don't want to use Skype and the forums for actual in-game stuff.

just wanted to tell people, if you like it, comment that you do so more people can see the good idea!

I like it. With coding experience i have i cann tell you. This won't take much time. As it have to be integrated with faction permissions it could take a little longer. But then again, there is some really great coders on this server. But then again, the serv staff has to see this as important, else they keep focus on MassiveTraits.

I think either way they'll keep focusing on Massive Traits, it's most important as of now :-)
Also do you have coding experience with Minecraft mods ? Because personally I couldn't tell, the API might be tricky.

I find it surprising that only one staff member has spoken on this forum yet.

Estoy de acuerdo, señor

Oh que hable español, buena

I have been told plugin development and mod development are very different things.
To be honest I'm not most familiar with the different names, so I presume plugin is the name for server side. Either way, does not change much to the fact that it could be trickier than programming from scratch ^^

Mods is modifications to the game Engine. Plaguing is a plugin or addon, to the game. Plugins are less likely to conflict with other plugins than mods. And plugins less likely to break between updates. Mods have much more functionality and complexity.
Mods are primary used in Single player.
Plugins are primary used in Multi player.
Mojang are working on a plugin API, that cas the capabilities of the mods and the easyness of the plugins. It will also easy mod installation when you join servers that require it. And much more.

Best Regards Madus

You seem to forget that 99% of players immediately disregard anything not colorful. You need to be able to capture the attention of squirrel to deal with these people.

Should I tag some staff sense 28 people say yes?

but one said no therefore they can't look, haha. seriously staff, check this out.

oops. 29, can we get to 30?

As a busy busy little flower I can say that this would be an extremely good idea to express my concerns other than a forum convo that my officers never check. :P It'd really help faction communication other than a written book at the /f home or signs everywhere too.