Daendroc Restoration A Massive Success (so Far)

Eucindiel

Keeper of the Forest
Reaction score
Faction
Evedor
Well after only a couple of weeks Emperor Max has already made HUGE progress into the restoration of the more damaged areas of Daenshore's Southern edge. OK... granted desmonster had been busy in this region for months... but Max's restore skills are a force of nature and have brought the project along at speeds never seen before. Thanks also to Runner and everyone else who has helped.

Max took this:

RestoreHQ-Before.jpg

And made it this:

RestoreHQ.jpg

RestoreHQ2.jpg

Here's a recent video of a before and after:

BEFORE

AFTER:

No "Sound of Music" references please 8-)

HIRING:

We still have a way to go so the Elves of Suvador are paying any creatures who wish to help in this ongoing project. Apply here in this thread (see below under "TO APPLY").

The rates are approx to 150 Regals (15 silver) per heavily griefed 100 x 100 block area

For example - if you restore a 50 block x 100 block area you earn 75 Regals (7.5 Silver)

Why approx? some areas are more damaged that others. Rates for each plot are shown below under "TO APPLY".

THE RULES/REQUIREMENTS:

1 - Job first - payment when done to satisfactory level - I've been burnt too many times by people not finishing the job - you don't get paid in advance at your IRL job so why should you get 50% up front here? No scamming as all evidence is here in this thread so you are protected (as am I).

2 - 'Re-skin' the land. In other words make a single block skin of dirt over any holes. The grass will naturally spread into any new dirt areas you make.

3 - De-cobble - any stupid pillars of cobble/dirt/gravel etc in your plot - take em down

4 - Basic tidy - you'll know when you see it - a half chopped tree or some other lazy crap someone has left around - fix it.

5 - Reforest (Birch and Oak only please) - spend five or ten minutes FARMING saplings. What do I mean by "farming"? Don't just run around chopping all of the trees we've already planted:
  • Chop two or three Oak (or birch trees) - wood leaves and all
  • You should now have enough saplings to replace the initial two or three trees
  • You should also now have enough saplings to plant an EXTRA two or three trees.
  • Take these extra saplings away to the area you're restoring, plant & bonemeal them.
  • Chop them to get even more saplings and so on until you have half a stack or more
  • Get planting
(TIP: set down a small plantation before you start laying dirt and they'll have 'sprouted' naturally by the time your done - saving you bonemeal)

6 - If you have any bonemeal left over run around at the end and make some grass/flowers.

7 - You bring/gather the materials. Get your dirt from underground only - don't 'scalp' the surrounding topsoil to find dirt. I've spent months restoring the area (if you scalp I'll know - it's called Hawkeye tool) If you scalp you PAY ME DOUBLE - those are the terms you are accepting.

8 - Not just 'flat land' please - use the natural ups and downs to inspire some undulations/hills.

9 - Don't bother trying to "fill" all of the holes - takes too long - just put a single block thick 'skin' of dirt over it all.

10 - If you chop a tree wait for ALL of the saplings to drop and plant replacements and then some - again - hawkeye tool - I wasn't born yesterday and I will inspect the progress.

11 - You have two weeks - no extensions - if you fail to finish you may be required to full refund although consideration of work completed may be given at my discretion.

12 - Existing structures - some of the old townsites are faction land that has long since been abandoned. But before you go and tear it down, make minor repairs (or turn it into a ruin) use the Hawkeye Tool ( type /he tool ) to see if was built recently. If there are deadbolt signs around and they are still active try to contact their owner).

TO APPLY:

Choose one of the plots below and apply for it in this thread. Note some of the plots are in pretty good condition so they're really just reforesting not really reskinning (and cheaper because of it).

Open to negotiation if you want to put a landscape 'feature' somewhere (e.g. river, lake etc) and negotiate a higher price.

Daendroc-Plots-2013-12-16.jpg

PLOT A - 75 Regals - SOLD TO ENDERDRAGON - ALMOST DONE - PAID ANYWAY
PLOT B - 75 Regals - SOLD TO LEXO66
PLOT C - 45 Regals - SOLD TO RAZALITH - DONE & PAID
PLOT D - 45 Regals - SOLD TO CHADWICK
PLOT E - 55 Regals (inc dismantle half fort) - SOLD TO RAZALITH - DONE & PAID
PLOT F - 55 Regals (inc dismantle half fort) - SOLD TO RAZALITH - DONE & PAID
PLOT G - SOLD TO SHADOWKING
PLOT H - 85 Regals - SOLD TO KESTENATOR
PLOT I - 65 Regals - LOOKING GOOD XANDER - DO YOU NEED SAPLINGS?
PLOT J - 120 Regals - SOLD TO RAZALITH
PLOT K - 150 Regals - SOLD TO SVEN
PLOT L - 65 Regals (reforesting mostly) - SOLD TO GOLEM
PLOT M - 85 Regals - SOLD TO KELLOCK - DONE & PAID
ANOTHER 100R PAID TO KELLOCK for waterfalls
PLOT N - 75 Regals - MOSTLY DONE (BY ME)
PLOT O - 75 Regals - MOSTLY DONE (BY ME)
PLOT P - 75 Regals - SOLD TO RAZALITH - DONE & PAID
PLOT Q - 60 Regals (reforesting mostly) - SOLD TO OKYNO - thanks Mech
PLOT R - 75 Regals - SOLD TO OKYNO - COMING ALONG NICELY
PLOT S - 75 Regals - SOLD TO OKYNO - COMING ALONG NICELY
PLOT T - 60 Regals - SOLD TO OKYNO - COMING ALONG NICELY
PLOT U - 50 Regals - SOLD TO OKYNO - COMING ALONG NICELY
PLOT V - 40 Regals - SOLD TO OKYNO - COMING ALONG NICELY
PLOT W - 120 Regals (inc wrecking permit and dismantle or ruin structures) - SOLD TO RAZALITH
PLOT X - 120 Regals (inc wrecking permit and dismantle or ruin structures) - SOLD TO DAMON
PLOT Y - 120 Regals (inc wrecking permit and dismantle or ruin structures) - SOLD TO GOLEM

So if this world is restored then there is a chance it won't be deleted as early as it would be?

Ok first I have a question will supplies be givin for the restoring of land? I also would like to take plot A

That hideous town of G plot must be torn down, it makes my store area look like crap. I will do it for a reduced amount because...well, I hate it!

Plot A - to Enderdragon
Plot G - to ShadowKing
Plot M - to Kellock
Plots E,F & J to Razalith - Soulsand can stay
Thanks guys

I'll take plot B for 75 regals. I'll start work now if you respond in the next oh......20 mins. All I ask is that you mark the area you want me to "de-grief" if its easy I might do some more plots. Oh and ill need instruction to get there or I could join your fac and just f-home. My ign is:w3214

Plot A - to Enderdragon
Plot G - to ShadowKing
Plot M - to Kellock
Plots E,F & J to Razalith - Soulsand can stay
Thanks guys

Sorry for the second reply still trying to figure out this whole forum thing. :D I'll take plot B for 75 regals. I'll start work now if you respond in the next oh......20 mins. All I ask is that you mark the area you want me to "de-grief" if its easy I might do some more plots. Oh and ill need instruction to get there or I could join your fac and just f-home. My ign is:w3214

I almost think the wilderness at this point is going to look as grand as some plots in regalia.
In comparison from what they wrecked their way into from players.

Can i have the coords? I want to help them build it back up.

Archer - go to http://map.massivecraft.com/ and figure the rest out from there. I don't have time to be marking out plots - zoom in on my map - figure out which landmark sort of marks the boundary and pop a temporary tower of logs or something and maybe whack a sign on it (don't forget to take it down once you're done)

Obviously there might be some overlap with another player - that's life it's not always exact (wasntme)

Guess i was mistaken, this turned out quite great actually! Not only consider me in, but i would love to tackle plot a, perhaps plot L and Y!

Great work so far you guys. I'll jump back into Daendroc to inspect and pay people for any new completions in three or four hours.

Meantime feel free to call "Dibs" on a plot.

I'll keep the forum open and check in from time to time.

wow the plots are going like crazy the griefers will have some work to do over christmas :)

Yeah - that's the next stage I suppose - work out a structure for upkeep... and lobbying the admins to move the Daendroc ship so that it's not first in line at Regalia docks. Last in line hey guys? I think we've done our fair amount of time as first lamb to the slaughter - let someone else feel the fury of noob - am I right?

Right now, I am too busy to help out with this project - however, materials and that shizzle can be donated at Xanderab's consent.

As a side note, it's an amazing thing to see the actually helpful members of the community band together to save their server from destruction. I really hope this can extend to other worlds like Ellador(trying to defend Zion mountain from cobble shit lol) and Ithania later on.

Nice job, and good luck!
~ Imboring56